Saturday AUG 12 2017 at the SCG, 13.45
Sydney_Swans_Mascot.jpg
Johnny_The_Doc_Docker.jpg

LAST TIME THEY MET
Rd 19 Domain Stadium 2016
Fremantle 7-5-47
Sydney 21-11-137

THE COACHES
There is a smile somewhere hidden...not in Ross though.
316883_tlsnewsportrait.jpg
Ross_Lyon_AFL_Rd_14_Geelong_v_Fremantle_O0q_ZJV42_Tccl.jpg

INS
The Sydney Swans should welcome back their captain Josh Kennedy from a week off with a hamstring injury he suffered in the loss the Hawthorn.

The Fremantle Dockers, who have quite an extensive injury list, may welcome back the rested ruckman Sean Darcy who has been good since making his debut back in Rd 14.

OUTS
I dare not say his name but it rhymes with Burt Kittepp for the Swans. Fremantle Dockers and their big Brennan Cox will probably spend time showing off in the WAFL.

BEEN QUIET FOR A COUPLE AND DUE FOR A BIG ONE
Lance Franklin vs. David Mundy

THE ALWAYS RELIABLE PLAYERS
Josh Kennedy vs. Nate Fyfe

PLEASE DON'T SPUD-IT-UP IN KEY MOMENT PLAYERS
Dean Towers vs. Hayden Ballantyne

FORM
Sydney currently sitting in 6th with 11 wins, 8 losses have won 11 of their past 13 games with the only two losses by a combined margin of 12 points coming from their "bogey" side Hawthorn in Rounds 10 and 19 respectively.

Fremantle
currently sitting in 14th with 8 wins, 11 losses since starting off the 2017 season well with a W/L ratio of 6-3 have only won 2 games since Rd 9, but have been competitive in some of their losses.

Most recent game had the Swans fly back to Sydney with a great win down in Geelong against the Cats by 46 points whilst the Dockers get back to the winners list with a 23 point win against the exhausted Gold Coast Suns in Perth.

MY BIASED TIP
#BEBRAVE, the true fairytale is coming!
FXJ70177.jpg

In this game though the Swans will win by 46 points and John Longmire will be happy and smiling :)

337540_swanshorse.jpg

Credit to miggs for the original smiling horse :thumbsu:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sydney-vs-geelong-round-20-2017.1173181/#post-51687060

Want buddy to rest this week but also want a steady lineup in the lead up to finals...go hard next two weeks and then do a ross in rd 23 and rest everyone....then maybe aliir will get a game

I'd like to see KT get another run. It would be good if he could get his confidence up because when it is, he's a different player. He was one of our best in the prelim against Geelong last year. It would be good to have forward and ruck depth come finals.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Besides if we are planning to trade the big fella, we need to drive his price up so we don't end up paying him to play for an opponent.

Besides if we are planning to trade the big fella, we need to drive his price up so we don't end up paying him to play for an opponent.

I truly believe we have zero intention of ever trading Kurt Tippett he will finish his career at the Swans at the end of his current 2yr deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 21: Sydney Swans vs. Fremantle Dockers
Saturday AUG 12 2017 at the SCG, 13.45
Sydney_Swans_Mascot.jpg
Johnny_The_Doc_Docker.jpg

LAST TIME THEY MET
Rd 19 Domain Stadium 2016
Fremantle 7-5-47
Sydney 21-11-137

THE COACHES
There is a smile somewhere hidden...not in Ross though.
316883_tlsnewsportrait.jpg
Ross_Lyon_AFL_Rd_14_Geelong_v_Fremantle_O0q_ZJV42_Tccl.jpg

INS
The Sydney Swans should welcome back their captain Josh Kennedy from a week off with a hamstring injury he suffered in the loss the Hawthorn.

The Fremantle Dockers, who have quite an extensive injury list, may welcome back the rested ruckman Sean Darcy who has been good since making his debut back in Rd 14.

OUTS
I dare not say his name but it rhymes with Burt Kittepp for the Swans. Fremantle Dockers and their big Brennan Cox will probably spend time showing off in the WAFL.

BEEN QUIET FOR A COUPLE AND DUE FOR A BIG ONE
Lance Franklin vs. David Mundy

THE ALWAYS RELIABLE PLAYERS
Josh Kennedy vs. Nate Fyfe

PLEASE DON'T SPUD-IT-UP IN KEY MOMENT PLAYERS
Dean Towers vs. Hayden Ballantyne

FORM
Sydney currently sitting in 6th with 11 wins, 8 losses have won 11 of their past 13 games with the only two losses by a combined margin of 12 points coming from their "bogey" side Hawthorn in Rounds 10 and 19 respectively.

Fremantle
currently sitting in 14th with 8 wins, 11 losses since starting off the 2017 season well with a W/L ratio of 6-3 have only won 2 games since Rd 9, but have been competitive in some of their losses.

Most recent game had the Swans fly back to Sydney with a great win down in Geelong against the Cats by 46 points whilst the Dockers get back to the winners list with a 23 point win against the exhausted Gold Coast Suns in Perth.

MY BIASED TIP
#BEBRAVE, the true fairytale is coming!
FXJ70177.jpg

In this game though the Swans will win by 46 points and John Longmire will be happy and smiling :)

337540_swanshorse.jpg

Credit to miggs for the original smiling horse :thumbsu:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sydney-vs-geelong-round-20-2017.1173181/#post-51687060

Thanks, Danz4.

Although that photo of Horse's head on a Swan will be giving me nightmares for a week.

:p

Tippett and Sinclair both tried vs the Cats but both were hopeless.

Sinclair/Tippett lead ruck (give Sammy another week to get right then he comes in for the Adelaide game). Whoever doesn't lead ruck should be in the NEAFL.

Kennedy in for Towers.

Isn't it funny how all the changes we've had this year and it still comes down to Tippett, Sinclair and Towers heads being on the chopping block.

If Parker plays like he did last week again he will make Fyfe look like a toilet paper roll.

Want buddy to rest this week but also want a steady lineup in the lead up to finals...go hard next two weeks and then do a ross in rd 23 and rest everyone....then maybe aliir will get a game
People seem to forget everyone gets a bye after round 23... I don't really see the point in resting players for that reason.

Stephen Hill is quick, and can hurt you on turnovers. Lachie Neale is in form. Nat Fyfe is a gun. He'll play mostly forward, and can beat you in the air and on the ground.

Selections for us, JPK only if completely fit. I'd pick Kurt Tippett again, try to run him into form and fitness ahead of the finals.

Also I don't see what would be wrong with resting Dan Hanneberry (fitness not form) and giving Jordan Dawson a run. Sadly it won't happen.

Stephen Hill is quick, and can hurt you on turnovers. Lachie Neale is in form. Nat Fyfe is a gun. He'll play mostly forward, and can beat you in the air and on the ground.

Selections for us, JPK only if completely fit. I'd pick Kurt Tippett again, try to run him into form and fitness ahead of the finals.

Also I don't see what would be wrong with resting Dan Hanneberry (fitness not form) and giving Jordan Dawson a run. Sadly it won't happen.

Who said we had an easy run home? Last week we had to take on one man, this week we have to beat three??!!

Well in fairness 2, Tom Lonergan was magnificent on Buddy. And with Freo, perhaps 4, Coach Lyon knows us pretty well.

The Adelaide game will be so tough, the Crows slaughtered Port this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back