Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Round 21
GWS GIANTS vs Melbourne Demons
Manuka Oval
Sat 18 Aug, 2:10pm

Teams: TBA Thursday

Ins and outs?

A few question marks coming out of the Suns game; Coniglio (hamstring) and Townsend (groin) were late withdrawals, while Folau was listed in the afl.com.au report with 'ribs' - assuming that was from the ruck contest where he was winded.

Wilson and Tyson were highlighted as having good games for UWS and could make their return to the first team. Cooyou and Sumner also returned from injury and could get a look-in soon with UWS having their last game for the year this coming weekend.

On the injury front, best case is we get back McDonald, Greene, Palmer, Shiel and the three question marks above (Coniglio, Tyson, Folau). Most likely to return from last week's injury update is McDonald while Greene/Palmer/Shiel might be another week. Patton, Frost, Mohr and possibly Ward won't be back on the park this year.

I saw a quote from Sheeds after the Suns game that some would be rotated out to bring others in to get games into them while limiting others to 16-18 games for the year.

One thing I'm specifically hoping to see is Hombsch and Buntine holding their spots (they'd be in the group needing to get games anyway you'd think) and going into these last three games with a backline of Davis, Cornes, Hombsch, Kennedy, Buntine and Hampton.

One thing I'm specifically hoping to see is Hombsch and Buntine holding their spots (they'd be in the group needing to get games anyway you'd think) and going into these last three games with a backline of Davis, Cornes, Hombsch, Kennedy, Buntine, Kennedy and Hampton.

Great call. Hombsch and Hampton need games pumped into them.

Hope Shiel comes back this week and I think Dom Tyson is a great player to come back to the senior side also.

Sumner is back from injury, he is someone who hasn't had a a lot of game time.

Rhys Cooyou has not played a game yet and depending how the coaches feel about Phillips or maybe even Giles given a rest, we have Tom Downie playing in the reserves.

I think Cooyou is injured.

Sheedy's mentioned trying to get everyone a game before the end of the year, and Downie's one that stands out.
I saw an article somewhere online this morning that Cooyou will likely debut against StK or North. He'd been injured but it also mentioned that he was in Perth after his partner gave birth to their child. The article also said that he'd have to be promoted from the rookie list but I'm fairly sure Mohr went on LTI without a replacement so that shouldn't be an issue.

Sheedy was quoted as saying that Cooyou would be the last debutant if he gets a game, so Downie might get a look this week.

Hey! I'm heading to the game this weekend, do you reckon The Giants can give me a few free tickets? ;-) Can I buy tickets on the day or should I buy them in advance?

Smaller size of Manuka Oval has helped the Giants in the past here. Even if we do make a lot of changes, we're every chance of an upset win, or at the very least a competitive showing. Dees thrashed us last time on their home turf, here's hoping that game was an anomoly.

Manuka, I thought was the same dimensions as the MCG but http://www.freebookiebets.com.au/afl_football_grounds.htm shows that the MCG is 160 x 141 while Manuka is 162.5 x 138.4 so they are only pretty much the same size. It's only smaller in that it doesn't have huge grandstands and that makes it look smaller. It's the closest ground in size to the G in the league.

Ugh... We already knew Patton was done, but Cameron is also finished for the year and will undergo hip surgery while Shiel won't be back either.

@neilcordy: Surgery for Giants Cameron, hip. Patton shoulder and Shiel toe. None will play again this year

What we know so far:

Out: Cameron (hip surgery), Tomlinson (bruised kidney)
Available: Adams, Greene, Palmer, McDonald

In: Adams, Tyson, Haynes, Greene, McDonald
Out: Treloar, Bugg, Tomlinson, Hombsch, Cameron

Out Treloar and Bugg. Big, big losses give they have both been in outstanding form. Good to see Cliffo retain his spot. Hombsch should probably have been given an extra week. Surprised Folau retained his spot. All five ins are good inclusions.

Good luck to Luke Power in his 300th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They could have said the players are being rested, saying omitted implies they have lost their spot due to form.

As a Lions fan all I say is...

You guys better win for Luke Power
- he always has been and always will be a legend in my eyes.

Also if you guys win and avoid the wooden spoon, it will make trolling GC that much fun again :D

Edit: was a slight shame that he didn't have his 300th last week, seeing I was at the GC v GWS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back