Preview R21 - Richmond Tigers v Sydney Swans Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: In's and Out's Vs Sydney

Out - Jackson, McGuane, Farmer, King
In - Hislop, Webberley, Post, Batchelor

King has been poor for a couple of months now, Jackson is injured, McGuane is s**t and Farmer just doesn't do enough.

Out: Farmer King McGuane Jackson

In: Batchelor Webberley Post Nason
Yeah Nason/Hislop. Had Hislop just to cover the loss of King and Jackson...

What was wrong with Thurstys game? I thought he played well, took some good marks in back half and used ball well...

Mcgaune was useless

Didn't I read somewhere we are down to something like 28 fit players on our list? Perhaps we are simply limping to the season's end and playing whomever is the least injured/exhausted.

Didn't I read somewhere we are down to something like 28 fit players on our list? Perhaps we are simply limping to the season's end and playing whomever is the least injured/exhausted.

I think for the playing group the final siren round 24 can't come soon enough.

Out: Farmer King McGuane Jackson

In: Batchelor Webberley Post Nason

Yeah I'd go with the above changes :thumbsu:

Wouldn't mind seeing a Contin or Jakobi or even a Macdonald get a little taste as a sub sometime soon....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Jackson, Farmer, Thursfield, Mcguane, Morton, King, Grigg, Miller

In: Post, Griffiths, Batchelor, Contin, Jakobi, Webberley, MacDonald, O'Reilly

We will probably lose by 50+ but at least these players will get a taste of playing AFL especially against a hard tackling, high pressure team like Sydney.

All the players being dropped do not deserve to be playing senior football at the moment except for Miller but i'd prefer Griffiths gaining experience.

Team
B: Dea, Rance, Houli
HB: Deledio, Post, Batchelor
C: Edwards, Cotchin, Contin
HF: Martin, Griffiths, Jakobi
F: MacDonald, Riewoldt, Vickery
R: Graham, Tuck, Foley
Int: Webberley, Conca, Nahas
Sub: O'Reilly

Actually thinking about it those 8 changes will probably have little affect on the result, we might even do better.

Would like to see Browne come back into the side next week. Was widely considered BOG in resies this week and backed up his solid VFL form from last week. Rather get more games into him than Graham who is definitely not the future.

Out: Jackson, Farmer, Thursfield, Mcguane, Morton, King, Grigg, Miller

In: Post, Griffiths, Batchelor, Contin, Jakobi, Webberley, MacDonald, O'Reilly

We will probably lose by 50+ but at least these players will get a taste of playing AFL especially against a hard tackling, high pressure team like Sydney.

All the players being dropped do not deserve to be playing senior football at the moment except for Miller but i'd prefer Griffiths gaining experience.

Team
B: Dea, Rance, Houli
HB: Deledio, Post, Batchelor
C: Edwards, Cotchin, Contin
HF: Martin, Griffiths, Jakobi
F: MacDonald, Riewoldt, Vickery
R: Graham, Tuck, Foley
Int: Webberley, Conca, Nahas
Sub: O'Reilly

Actually thinking about it those 8 changes will probably have little affect on the result, we might even do better.

Lose by 50+ to an average outfit like Sydney? I think if we make the right changes this week we are a real show.

If we had 22 fit players I would drop farmer and play with 21.
Bring anyone in but drop the blokes who deserve it not Tuck or Miller just because they "aren't a part of the future".
In fact using that criteria about 15 blokes are vulnerable age irrespective.

I don't know how Web went on the weekend but the week before he was cramping the whole last quarter..

Out: Farmer, Graham, McGuane, Jackson, Grigg

In: Batchelor Browne, Webberley, Post, Nason

I don't want to see any of - Farmer, McGuane or Grigg play again this year.

Post should be told his place is safe for the remaining rounds.

Out: Farmer, Graham, McGuane, Jackson, Grigg

In: Batchelor Browne, Webberley, Post, Nason

I don't want to see any of - Farmer, McGuane or Grigg play again this year.

Post should be told his place is safe for the remaining rounds.

I tell you what if McGuane gets another game and i see him slam the ball onto his boot and kick it down the line to 3 opposition players i think i'll walk out.
If he continues to get a game in front of Post there is definately something wrong.

I tell you what if McGuane gets another game and i see him slam the ball onto his boot and kick it down the line to 3 opposition players i think i'll walk out.
If he continues to get a game in front of Post there is definately something wrong.

Once Astbury, Grimes and Moore are fit, we will never have to see McGuane butcher the ball or give away stupid free kicks every week. I'm getting tired of the Rance bashing when he is having a genuine effort but he has to do the job of three backmen. I'm very happy with Rance's effort this year.

Once Astbury, Grimes and Moore are fit, we will never have to see McGuane butcher the ball or give away stupid free kicks every week. I'm getting tired of the Rance bashing when he is having a genuine effort but he has to do the job of three backmen. I'm very happy with Rance's effort this year.

Geez i cant wait for the day when we have those 3 back there.

Rance has been amazing this year. I had doubts about him last year with his decision making and skills but he has improved out of sight this year. Would have to be either him or Vickery for most improved this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back