Prediction R23: Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

YOllo and Hendo 4 Sloan and Smith with Knight very close but not this week.

Yeah posted that while I was at work. Have come home and since watched the video and you' are correct.

That being said he's still playing him so can't be THAT unhappy.

He's holding his spot ahead of CEY, Grigg and Wigg. If I had to argue why he is vital to the side, I'd say its because he knocks out 80+% TOG at the stoppage and we need that because the rest of our mids are limited in their TOG capability. I don't agree he makes us a better team, but if you've created a role for someone to be plonked at stoppages for big minutes, then he's the man.

He's holding his spot ahead of CEY, Grigg and Wigg. If I had to argue why he is vital to the side, I'd say its because he knocks out 80+% TOG at the stoppage and we need that because the rest of our mids are limited in their TOG capability. I don't agree he makes us a better team, but if you've created a role for someone to be plonked at stoppages for big minutes, then he's the man.

Yeah I can see that logic. Kind of a best of a bad situation I guess.

Not how I'd go.

Agreed, I'd rather us focus on players that can share time in the middle from other positions. If we had someone fill the Douglas role who could actually do a 50/50 split of time between mid and forward it'd certainly fill a gap that would then allow us to replace Thompson.

The real issue tomorrow is their inside grunt. They rank 2 in the afl for scores from clearance, Priddis/Shuey rank 5/6 in the AFL for clearances.

Both sides score - ranked 1 and 3 for points for, both sides 7/1 since the bye.

It's all about the coal face tomorrow - I think this gets CEY over the line, but Thommo, Crouch x 2 and Lyons are the keys
It's Thommo's dream match up. Playing against fellow snails Priddis and Hutchings in a game that will largely be won on the inside.

Charlie Cameron may be key here but he seems a burst player not capable of 120
I'm not surprised in some ways, he runs with such blistering pace that I don't know who could do that for most of the game....(well maybe Macca in his day but Charlie's not there yet). As long as he can have his massive impact moments as has been doing + forward pressure he's doing his job. Mind you I'm still waiting for the repeat of the Collingwood moonwalk thing he did in his 1st game; that was awesome, I want to see that again.

That's what we are charged, you suggest we organize practice games during the finals.

I didn't see in your suggestion we can pay a reduced fee, this lead me to the conclusion you don't see an issue paying a league 400k but then we can't participate in the final series.
I don't see an issue paying a fee right now, I sort of do that Port don't have to but I understand there are reasons behind that (not that I fully agree with).

My point regarding finals is that there's a salary cap in place in state league comps, AFL reserve teams are exempt from that by default, yet in the AFL we demand that the salary cap is held to very strictly as a pillar of equity, just how fairly it's held to can be argued, but for arguments sake it's one of their pillars. Personally I hate what is being done to a great comp like the SANFL come finals, it's totally bastardised, the same goes for the WAFL and to a lesser degree it's the same for the VFL. All of these comps are being bastardised come finals for the needs of another comp.
Rules concerning players that qualify for state league finals are broken yearly and this corrupts the Como and stand alone teams (some of which have more history than AFL clubs) are totally f***ed around and cheated out of or during finals.
Leadership starts from the top, it sets the example, unfortunately not in Australian Football under the current set up.

My point is that come state league finals AFL reserve teams should bow out or play in another comp/series and let the stand alone teams play out their finals. The benefit to both parties is that the reserve teams can field the players they want without restriction, they can have an extended bench and they have more freedom when they play maybe. The benefit of this to the stand alone teams is they don't have a bastardised and compromised finals series.
A state league title means f*** all to Adelaide, it's not their pinnacle, but it means a f***load to a stand alone SANFL club trying to scratch two pennies together to survive.

If that means that adrlaide pay less then I couldn't give a f***.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd23%20Team%20Graphic.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back