Preview R23 v Freo, at Port Adelaide Oval (the "curtain closer")

Remove this Banner Ad

I dip my hat to you Gremio. To become a true Port person considering your location is an inspiration.
As a babe if my first words weren't 'Ports!' or 'Maggies' , I would have been shipped off quick smart to an orphanage.
Luckily for me my first words were actually
'Poopants' but there was a collective cheer around the kitchen table when everyone thought I said 'Ports'. So I was saved.

The Perfect Pear reference was brilliant GremioPower .

Great preview.

I only hope you get to experience some success one day for all your loyal support.

Random story:
My wife and I met at the end of 2013, everything was looking up, she didn't like footy but we were on such an exciting ride that I thought she'd become hooked. At the prelim in 2014 I said I feel like we might be here again soon, and I felt that if she got to see a premiership she'd understand what it is all about. Now we sit here years later, she's losing interest and we haven't had any success. So before she and others completely jump off let's hope Ken is sacked, and that change triggers some life again within this club, and hopefully success. Because once you taste that, it'll forever be in your veins.

Last edited:
Morale here out west is at an all-time high, Fremantle-wise.
A classic “Caretaker Coach Debut” win is just what is needed, especially IF somehow the Crows knock off the Dogs in Ballarat (doubtful).

Lots to play for this weekend and it would be oh so poetic Port Adelaide, if Eagles beat Hawks AND Crows beat Dogs, only for us to lose to Freo at home.

Yay!
If all that happened. Dogs beat Crows, Eagles beat Hawks, I think that knowing this team we could be 48 points up against Freo with 5 minutes to go, having only just surpassed the Bulldogs percentage, and then in the dying minute Freo kick a point, make it 47 points, and we drop out of the 8.

That'd be Ports.

However it's all irrelevant, the Dogs will beat the Crows and we should be hoping they do, because a triggered extension and unworthy qualification, only to get thumped in the first round of finals would be totally pointless, and do more harm than good.

The Dogs will beat the Crows and our game will be a dead rubber.

The place will be quarter full by half time if we play the same way we did last weekend, might be half full by quarter time if we start that way and the Dogs have won.

I'm preparing myself pre game this week with drowning a few, and i barely drink these days. Might lesson the pain of watching freo run all over us!!.

Freo are going to come out breathing fire and we softcocks wont be able to handle the heat.

Curtain closed a few weeks back. When the highlight of our season was Cam ******* Sutcliffe kicking a goal to put us in the 8 * me

With the bulldogs v crows game, I bet there will be a scenario where the latter is up by a point but give away a very dodgy free kick 40 metres out from the dogs goal. The siren then sounds, only for the player taking the shot to shank it to the extent that the ball goes over the behind post. The umpires have a brief conference, with the goal ump saying it is out on the fulll, then a field ump asks for a score review.

After about 5-or-so minutes checking several angles/rock & rolling 40-odd times, a decision then comes up on the screen:

BEHIND

A draw that sends the dogs into the finals, could anyone else script it like that?

I’d likely be like Marge after she accidentally destroys her Chanel suit.

Even though it’s unlikely I’ll be there, I wonder who will be doing the ‘beats by’ segment that day? Could well be Stinkley for all we know.

If f**Ken did select the songs to play on match day, I wonder what he’d choose? One could be ‘you can’t always get what you want’, other suggestions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prediction - Hale damage.
You have a potential future as paper sub editor. Problem is, papers don't have big futures.

Congratulations GP, absolutely brilliant preview! I couldn't stop laughing!

And of course the best bit of all was that you called it the last game of the "minor round". That's the way to do it - none of this Victorian "home and away" rubbish.

Congratulations GP, absolutely brilliant preview! I couldn't stop laughing!

And of course the best bit of all was that you called it the last game of the "minor round". That's the way to do it - none of this Victorian "home and away" rubbish.
I think this has been mentioned before, but in the four weeks period we were in Perth, Shanghai and Tasmania, Essendon had four games in Melbourne, but yeah, Home and Away. GP nails it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back