Preview R23 v Freo, at Port Adelaide Oval (the "curtain closer")

Cant wait for the social media pics of players ******* about in the off-season like they've earned fu** all.

The tone for 2019 was set when Wines popped his shoulder water skiing and Jonas going into bat for his co-captain buddy while on the ski slopes. Our season was dead before it started. I want players that are professionals, not jokers.

It doesn't feel like footy is about to end for the year, but on the other hand, it couldn't fk off soon enough.
It's because we are still mathematically possible for AFL finals and still got SANFL finals, the latter is something Drew won't be a part of because he's got to play in this dead rubber.

Still drives me crazy they actually call out the exact times of these things. Are we not going to run out one week? Are we suddenly going to run out 30 mins before the game one week? Are we going to sing NTUA during the first goal of the game?

I mean seriously.

Tell us when the gates open, when the march starts and when we start signing sessions, fair enough. But why in the world do we need to call out 3:58 as team entry and 4:09 as the NTUA. I mean WTF is that. Who thought that was a good idea???
For NTUA the 4 guitar stokes at the start should be the cue.

Dentshop

Club Legend
May 7, 2010
Hotel de Crillon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Huh?
Another massively disappointing Round 23 and of course captain 20/20 Michaelangelo Rucci sticking the boots into the supporters just like he did last season when nobody came to the Essendon game. I don't blame supporters for not wanting to go - I would be more baffled if there were 46,000 there tomorrow.

As for the Crows V Bulldogs game, I won't be cheering for the Crows - get real, I'm not having that on my conscience.

Unfortunately for a lot of you - Ken is going to be with us next year. I'm not a huge fan of his but he will be in charge next season.

Anyone know a decent spot to watch the game from Singapore?

It’s been a bit of an airport week for me, and my bowels are about as pleasant my mood swings and my football feelings.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

BillyW

Debutant
Jan 5, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember when we were selling out games in 2014 and 2015..... those were the days.

If only there was a clear reason for the decline and disconnected fan base over those last 5 years???

#sackhinkley
How were we going 2011, 2012......I wonder what happened after that to get us to sell outs in those years you mention??

Short memories in here...….I hope we can part ways with dignity given the lift Ken, Koch and Keith delivered us. They deserve some respect for that.
I do have doubts Ken can get us our next flag and as such the curtain will draw on his time here (most likely he will get his final year tho whether we want it or not....actually it may be just over half a year!)

So this week...….regardless of other results we need to see a response from last weeks crap....if we can sneak a final into the young lads well and good....but really since the Dogs beat us rd15 they have been one of the inform teams and deserve a place

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How were we going 2011, 2012......I wonder what happened after that to get us to sell outs in those years you mention??
It’s starts with an Adelaide and ends with an Oval. And it was all signed and sealed before any of the 3Ks came along. They just got to ride the euphoria of out from the Crow plastered concrete bowl and having enough money due to that and Andy D getting us out to some extent from under the SANFL’s thumb. You should actually learn our history before trying to use an ‘alternate facts’ version to defend Hinkley, Koch and KT.

BillyW

Debutant
Jan 5, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s starts with an Adelaide and ends with an Oval. And it was all signed and sealed before any of the 3Ks came along. They just got to ride the euphoria of out from the Crow plastered concrete bowl and having enough money due to that and Andy D getting us out to some extent from under the SANFL’s thumb. You should actually learn our history before trying to use an ‘alternate facts’ version to defend Hinkley, Koch and KT.
So we could have stuck with Primus and got the same results?
A bit naive to think that the move to AO was the only reason for the turn around don't you think...… ah but you know your history and a balanced assessment wont support your view...

Workingclass

Senior List
Aug 8, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What are the rules for handheld banners and signs?

Never made one, but since I will be attending tomorrow, I might as well make it interesting.
Probably can't have profanity or vilify on basis of race, religion, gender etc.

AFL coaches are fine though

Back