Media R2R Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2007
Tough as Nuts
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Glenelg, East Side Hawks
With the advent of the loss yesterday, consigning the Hawks to second last on the ladder and eliminating them from finals contention, it seemed an appropriate time to also announce my retirement from the world of the SFA. I've been around the traps for quite a few seasons now, under various guises (I don't think Hate could cope with one more name change - his head might just explode). I mostly kept to myself and preferred to let my Qootball skills do the talking for me. Unfortunately, like my money, the most they usually said was "goodbye".

It's been a blast, but the powder keg has run dry. I barely even have a sputter left to give.

Thanks especially to the Hawks/Phoenix/Hawks for putting up with me and my nonsense for all these seasons. The premiership never quite materialised, but I foresee a change of luck in your future.

For the rest of you in the land of Sweet:-

1716785985177.png

Keep on Qooting, and in the immortal words of Porky Pig:-

1716786195236.png

Love You Goodbye GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

All the best R2R. It was fun being your teammate briefly and I enjoyed how active you became over your last few seasons. If you ever want to return, the door will always be open

Oh R2R, we have played 217 games together, the most I have played with anyone (the next closest being larrikin on 177). Some clubs don't have any women on their teams. You and I always made sure the Hawks had two ;)

Thank you for all you've contributed to this club. Your quick wit in match threads will be missed, as well as your talent with the Qooty and support in the LG which was always appreciated. You finish up with an outstanding qareer. We will miss you and wish you well outside the world of SFA ❤️

I Love You Hug GIF by Chubbiverse

I'll still be floating around various other places on BigFooty. Interaction and banter will just be harder and more precious to come by. Will still look in here occasionally, just to make sure certain people are behaving themselves. What can I say, it's the mum in me.

I'll still be floating around various other places on BigFooty. Interaction and banter will just be harder and more precious to come by. Will still look in here occasionally, just to make sure certain people are behaving themselves. What can I say, it's the mum in me.
Might need to visit the Qrow board more often hehe.

Oh R2R, we have played 217 games together, the most I have played with anyone (the next closest being larrikin on 177). Some clubs don't have any women on their teams. You and I always made sure the Hawks had two ;)

Thank you for all you've contributed to this club. Your quick wit in match threads will be missed, as well as your talent with the Qooty and support in the LG which was always appreciated. You finish up with an outstanding qareer. We will miss you and wish you well outside the world of SFA ❤️

I Love You Hug GIF by Chubbiverse
Awwww. :relaxed:

Sad to see you go R2R, hopefully you’ll miss the place and community too much and find your way back, I’m sure any club would welcome you with open arms.

316 games and Life Membership since Season 8 👏🏻
Take care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best R2R. It was fun being your teammate briefly and I enjoyed how active you became over your last few seasons. If you ever want to return, the door will always be open
You always know what’s going on better than us Hawks do! I didn’t even know we’d installed a door.

You always know what’s going on better than us Hawks do! I didn’t even know we’d installed a door.
I was talking about the SFA door. I was more across what the Phoenix were upto but don’t ask me what the Hawks get upto.

All the best in your retirement R2R.

Might see you at the MCG in September. #flagcrows
You just might. I’ll definitely be there. I’ll be turning 50 just under a week before Grand Final day, so I’ll be celebrating by gifting myself a Grand Final package to make absolutely sure I can be there, regardless of who’s playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back