Preview R3: Changes V. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Dawes
In: Anyone

Too slow with him lumbering around doing SFA... Can't have Dawes, Vandenberg, Howe, Cross in same team our leg speed takes too big of a hit.

Wouldn't be too harsh on the forward line today. Didn't see the footy after half time bar a few shellings. Vince, Jones, Tyson all had shockers.

Out. Frost, Howe

In. Grimes, JKH (SUB)

Howes wasted down back, up front or not at all

We can't have Dawes and Frost in the same side I reckon. Need more running power.

JKH and the best-performing VFL mid in for either Dawes or Frost, and Brayshaw or Cross.

Have they invented football playing robots yet?

Actually nevermind, no doubt we'd buy the promising, but inferior model football playing robots and still get beaten by 2000.

I'd consider dropping Frost for Pederson, I think Pedo could offer a bit more up forward and around the ground. I forgot we even had Pedo, yep definitely Pedo in for Frost. Then perhaps Dawes goes back out for JKH, and we look a bit more balanced.

Out: Dawes, Jones (if he's stuffed), Vince (if he's stuffed)

In: JKH, 2 best Casey mids

Frost can ruck and has reasonable ground coverage so he stays, not to mention he's a long term prospect.

Howe up forward for the rest of the year, send him (or Watts) down back now and again if required to stem the flow.

Pedo has a crack and I wouldn't mind getting him in against Adelaide but not sure how to do it without affecting our balance.

Out: Dawes, Jones (if he's stuffed), Vince (if he's stuffed)

In: JKH, 2 best Casey mids

Frost can ruck and has reasonable ground coverage so he stays, not to mention he's a long term prospect.

Howe up forward for the rest of the year, send him (or Watts) down back now and again if required to stem the flow.

Pedo has a crack and I wouldn't mind getting him in against Adelaide but not sure how to do it without affecting our balance.
By getting rid of Frost and Dawes and giving Pedo the Rick relief/forward marking role. How many times were we torn apart by their running into the forward 50? It was 148 stuff - that talk defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By getting rid of Frost and Dawes and giving Pedo the Rick relief/forward marking role. How many times were we torn apart by their running into the forward 50? It was 148 stuff - that talk defence.
Pedo for Frost is something I am open to but I don't think he is anything special in the ruck relative to Frost. Where Pedo stands out is his hard work which we will need.

I just wonder with his game style though whether he will play Vandenberg out of the game - they are similar. Frost at least has a bit of contrast and is more at home down back when not rucking it seems, Pedo more so forward.

The Crows have very few key defensive options, plus Jacobs is one of the best rucks in the comp, so I wonder whether we should bring in a second ruck in Gawn, to stretch them defensively and help Jamar double-team Jacobs... take Frost out.

Also bring in some pace with JKH and maybe another mid?

We need more midfield strength, but to be honest I don't know where it'll come from. Jones and Tyson will lift their game, but they need some more support and our 2nd stringers aren't really cutting it.

Rohan Bail and Matt Jones better not resurface, or I'll cry.

Don't you mean, "out with the women's team, in with the men's team?" ****ing disgraceful.
No the women's Melbourne team plays better than the mens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back