Preview R3: Changes V. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't be dropping a tall this week. Adelaide play three talls in attack and we need two up front (they've got Talia and ... ? down back?). They could probably put Jaensch on Dawes and it wouldn't make a significant difference.

We shouldn't be dropping a tall this week. Adelaide play three talls in attack and we need two up front (they've got Talia and ... ? down back?). They could probably put Jaensch on Dawes and it wouldn't make a significant difference.
Hartigan is our second tall. Has destroyed Waite and White so far this year (both spuds I know).

Hartigan is our second tall. Has destroyed Waite and White so far this year (both spuds I know).

What are his kicking skills like? If he plays on Dawes he's going to be getting a lot of the ball.

Very tall forward line that. but as a guess.

Hogan - Talia
Dawes - Hartigan
Watts - Cheney/Henderson
Frost - Cheney/Henderson

Cheers. Yeah it's very tall, although Watts is very mobile. It's a risk to go down that path but if we get enough ball down there, it could be a weapon for us.

It's a risk to go down that path but if we get enough ball down there, it could be a weapon for us.

We won't so it won't be a weapon.

What Roos will do with Frost and Dawes will be fascinating as I can't see them functioning together. They play the same role.

Frost is tall, strong and unbelievably fast. Provides pressure forward and a band aid second ruck. Hard hands, lacks finesse and offensive skills.

Dawes is strong. Provides decent forward pressure and won't ruck. Hard hands but better offensively.

I'm a fan of JHK, Kent and Garlett. We need speed in the front half. JHK is smart, good skills and makes great decisions. He still switches off defensively sometimes but he is a 2nd year player.

Hogan, Dawes, Watts, JHK, Kent and Garlett for me.

Dawes to relief ruck as well. I know he hates it and sucks (cause he doesn't want to do it and half arses it rather then can't) but he needs that second bow. He isn't good enough to be pure forward player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back