Game Day R4: Adelaide v Carlton, Richmond Oval, Sunday 12.40pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, Allen has the height and ability to nullify her in the air. If that doesn't work, perhaps they'll ask Rajcic to go to her in a pure defensive role.

I'm really fascinated to see how they intend to use Metcalfe and Jess Foley together. Presumably Jess will be the lead ruck, but maybe not? Jess has more to offer around the ground, perhaps she'll play in the Randall role as a loose defender and use her ball reading skills and quality kicking to good effect? It would be nice to know what life will look like after Jess Foley, she's doing very well at the moment but at 36 she's no spring chicken. I can't remember whether Metcalfe used to rest in the goal square, or as an extra defender, back in 2017/8.

Edit: Zero career goals tells me it's probably (hopefully?) as an extra defender.

Last edited:

M
Agreed, Allen has the height and ability to nullify her in the air. If that doesn't work, perhaps they'll ask Rajcic to go to her in a pure defensive role.

I'm really fascinated to see how they intend to use Metcalfe and Jess Foley together. Presumably Jess will be the lead ruck, but maybe not? Jess has more to offer around the ground, perhaps she'll play in the Randall role as a loose defender and use her ball reading skills and quality kicking to good effect? It would be nice to know what life will look like after Jess Foley, she's doing very well at the moment but at 36 she's no spring chicken. I can't remember whether Metcalfe used to rest in the goal square, or as an extra defender, back in 2017/8.

Edit: Zero career goals tells me it's probably (hopefully?) as an extra defender.
metcalffe with first goal of game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt very much Metcalfe will play, but it's still great to see her back! And obviously, welcome back Erin, you little superstar 😀

Sad to hear about Cramey. That probably explains her falling away late in the game last week.

Wonder how we'll shuffle things around to include Phillips. Someone going back? Perhaps SLT? Ponter could do it but it would be a shame to move her after a four goal performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back