Roast R5 2019 Bottom of the ladder

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Brad will go into cockroach mode, you watch.

Will play as many senior players as possible towards the end of the year to save his job.

It would be very North like to get the #1 pick in the mid season draft and pickup Morgan, Nielsen or a Mick Barlow 30+ year old.

I’m sorry but I don’t give a * if the media apply the heat. If our coaching decisions are based on what the media thinks then we might aswell shut up shop.

The board should listen to us, the members, the people who have a stake in this club and it’s future not Kane “Studly Jnr” Cornes.

I’m sorry but I don’t give a **** if the media apply the heat. If our coaching decisions are based on what the media thinks then we might aswell shut up shop.

The board should listen to us, the members, the people who have a stake in this club and it’s future not Kane “Studly Jnr” Cornes.
The board should listen to us but it doesn’t mean they will. Some of the media talk is a reflection on what the members are saying so the heat makes our concerns very public. It also means the sponsors will become unhappy and that will have more influence than anything!

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Its been 10 years.

We're done.
Not of being on the bottom of the ladder, which is what this particular thread is about. My point is, the club needs to react to the bigger trends, not how the ladder looks at any one time. We are the worst this week like St Kilda wins the April flag.

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad will go into cockroach mode, you watch.

Will play as many senior players as possible towards the end of the year to save his job.

It would be very North like to get the #1 pick in the mid season draft and pickup Morgan, Nielsen or a Mick Barlow 30+ year old.
Even post 2016 when we got rid of Harvey, Dal Santo, Petrie and Spud who were all mid to late 30's and with hundreds upon hundreds of games under their belts, we have still continued to field one of the oldest teams week after week. Now we are on the bottom of the ladder with a old team that as you say could get even older when Scott goes into self preservation.

Nate1993

Senior List
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alright alright lads after careful consideration I've decided to take the North coaching job off your hands. I mean could I do a worse job....

We were foxing during the JLT and were going to flick the switch round one and go bang :drunk:
When we laid 22 tackles in the final JLT and I had many a poster say it’s only a practice match.
That sort of blind loyalty towards the club is the reason why we have been irrelevant and mediocre since the turn of the century.
I ******* hate those type of North supporters.
They function under a siege mentality that were battlers and that being the underdog constantly is a privilege.
It’s not and we as a club and footballing entity are well and truly in the wilderness.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This whole blind loyalty thing is what sooo many supporters seem to get wrong.

We need to be blind loyal to what's best for our football club, not the individuals representing it.

When those individuals are getting results they should be supported. When they are not, the club comes first!

Dec 31, 2015
Santiago, Chile
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We need to be blind loyal to what's best for our football club, not the individuals representing it.

When those individuals are getting results they should be supported. When they are not, the club comes first!

For someone that for the most part engages pretty optimistically, Good Friday was a bit of a tipping point for me. It's one thing to see some fight and go down swinging. The performance they put out wasn't what we've come to expect.

If North doesn't fight, what is it we DO stand for?

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For someone that for the most part engages pretty optimistically, Good Friday was a bit of a tipping point for me. It's one thing to see some fight and go down swinging. The performance they put out wasn't what we've come to expect.

If North doesn't fight, what is it we DO stand for?

We stand for the good of the club and it's future. Simple as that!

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
When we laid 22 tackles in the final JLT and I had many a poster say it’s only a practice match.
That sort of blind loyalty towards the club is the reason why we have been irrelevant and mediocre since the turn of the century.
I ******* hate those type of North supporters.
They function under a siege mentality that were battlers and that being the underdog constantly is a privilege.
It’s not and we as a club and footballing entity are well and truly in the wilderness.
Shut up and buy a membership

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I’m sorry but I don’t give a **** if the media apply the heat. If our coaching decisions are based on what the media thinks then we might aswell shut up shop.

Agreed. But it's been years since I've felt I've been listened to by the club. I think there's a culture there where listening to "outsiders" is simply not done.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Agreed. But it's been years since I've felt I've been listened to by the club. I think there's a culture there where listening to "outsiders" is simply not done.

It starts with the board installing their own selected members and flows from there.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just want to illustrate what the rest of the season looks like under Brad should we not even give him the boot at the bye. For a gameplan this bad, a team this inconsistent and languishing and a draw this difficult only spells DISASTER for this club should it not act soon. Stuff the crisis meetings, its time for action in the time of crisis.

Round 6 - Friday Night at AO against Port Adelaide. Haven't won a game at AO. Facing a huge loss.
Round 7 - Marvel Stadium against the Blues. Danger game. Could be the end of the line for Scott. Potential loss.
Round 8 - Marvel Stadium against the Cats. You're kidding yourself if you think we win this on paper. Big Loss.
Round 9 - Blundstone against the Swans. Sure the record looks nice, could be a win. But how sure? Potential Win.
Round 10 - Marvel Stadium against the Dogs. Haven't looked even close to good against the Doggies lately. Potential Loss.
Round 11 - Marvel Stadium against the Tigers. Need I say more? Big loss.
Round 12 - Metricon against the Suns. Don't trust us on away games of this caliber, Suns aren't even looking bad. Not even this is a guarantee. Potential Loss.
Round 13 - Blundstone against the Giants. Giants don't tend to do well at Blundstone, but again, it's not guarantee. Potential Win.
Round 14 - BYE
Round 15 -
Marvel Stadium against the Pies. No way we win this, we're in for a thrashing. Big loss.
Round 16 - Blundstone against the Saints. Not sure about the Saints in Hobart, no idea where they'll be at this point in the season. 50/50 game.
Round 17 - Marvel Stadium against the Bombers. If Good Friday was anything to go by... Loss.
Round 18 - The Gabba against the Lions. Didn't deserve to win the previous game away against them. Loss.
Round 19 - Optus Stadium against the Eagles. Simmos boys will tear us a new one away from home. Big loss.
Round 20 - Marvel Stadium against the Hawks. Clarko will out coach Scott again. Loss.
Round 21 - GMHBA against the Cats. No way we win this, we're s**t at the cattery. Loss.
Round 22 - Marvel Stadium against Port Adelaide. Depends on how badly we're killed by Port this week. Potential Loss.
Round 23 - Blundstone against Melbourne. Ended their long drought against us resoundingly. Could be back in the 8 and up and about while we limp out of the season. Loss.

Without knowing how the next half of the season goes or where the margins fall let's say that most of these outcomes based on current form, current coaching, gameplan and our wins reflect against these current teams do happen. We're looking at 4-8 wins at best for this season which puts us right in the bottom 4. We're next to Suns & Carlton based on team quality, and if we lose Round 7 to Carlton that'll speak volumes about how true this will be.

1555917228858.png

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Brilliant post It is what I have said all along and keep getting misunderstood on my opinion on blind loyalty.

Back