Prediction R5: CHANGES vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how he gets back in - especially if Duman impresses on debut and Pearce / Hamling continue to be solid down there. There's no way we will ever play all 4.
If Tabs misses and everyone else is unfit, he might play as a forward - well, line up forward

The thing is Duman will be well supported by Hamling and A. Pearce, all he has to do is nullify his man and get the ball off to Wilson, Blakely or Ryan.

Haven’t seen him at WAFL yet - can the man move?
Yep, seen him at training ,he’s lightning quick.

Michael Johnson (Rested)

I'm amazed, I've heard some argue that players are never rested and definitely not this early in the season.

MJ will be back next week.

Wouldn't read too much into that. Considering he's been pretty bad from the very first game its hardly the lack of rest that's keeping him down. Should have retired last year imo.

Wouldn't read too much into that. Considering he's been pretty bad from the very first game its hardly the lack of rest that's keeping him down. Should have retired last year imo.
In your opinion.

His woes have become groupthink, even when he plays well he's being hung out.

In your opinion.

His woes have become groupthink, even when he plays well he's being hung out.

Its what you get in a rebuilding side unfortunately (for him). The older guys who won't be there for our next premiership come under more pressure than the youngsters who might be.

I think Johnson and the Back 6 are at a bit of a crossroads right now the way I see it.

I mean if you look at the role Johnson has played over his history it's generally been as the ball user coming out of the back half who is also a great 3rd man up defender. Now look at our back 6 Ryan, Hamling, Wilson, Blakeley, Pearce, Langdon and what I see is players who can use the ball coming out of D50 while also having enough cover for the big forwards.

Johnson, esp against the smaller Dogs, is a bit redundant tbh and I think with some teams going quite small in their forward line this wont be the last time Johnson is "rested" (even though he's listed as an Emergency). Also if you throw in a fit Logue there's even less room for Johnno now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mofra I think had some big wraps on him
Will be his second game. Kicked 0.3 in his debut game last year so fits in with our forward structure.

Clever kid. Was at the 2016 GF and a month later was drafted and living with the Bont so living the dream. Medium forward, not super pacy but has everything else.

He's been a good player for Freo, he deserves going out with respect.

But its time...he's done...stick a fork in it.

Excellent changes. Was praying that Tucker would stay in. Obviously dependent on match-ups (does any team actually play 3 tall forwards nowdays) but Johnson might find it hard to get back in (or should anyway).

Well we've already seen;
Dixon, Watts, Marshall
Hooker, Daniher, Stewart
Cameron, Patton, Himmleberg
And if Wright wasn't injured GC probably would've had
Lynch, Day, Wright

Sooooooooo friken true. Doing Cox out of valuable games. He is so poor. His decision making is poor, can’t kick more than 20m then it’s a little dinky kick. Lyon keeps playing him as the plus one but he is not what he was in 2012-2015. Time catches all of us. If Lyon is fair dinkum about rebuild then he needs Cox as his third tall.
As for poor Tommy. He must see it surely. Build up the Rixx business because he will be joining Sutcliffe and D. Pearce out the door year’s end.
Tucker needs to really grab his opportunity V doggies. thought he would be out this week if Brad was fit. So he needs to show Lyon he belongs in the 22. Another poor game then it’s back to Peel and he runs the huge risk that North & Swita will go pass him.

that he belongs

Last edited:
I think Johnson and the Back 6 are at a bit of a crossroads right now the way I see it.

I mean if you look at the role Johnson has played over his history it's generally been as the ball user coming out of the back half who is also a great 3rd man up defender. Now look at our back 6 Ryan, Hamling, Wilson, Blakeley, Pearce, Langdon and what I see is players who can use the ball coming out of D50 while also having enough cover for the big forwards.

Johnson, esp against the smaller Dogs, is a bit redundant tbh and I think with some teams going quite small in their forward line this wont be the last time Johnson is "rested" (even though he's listed as an Emergency). Also if you throw in a fit Logue there's even less room for Johnno now.
Logue cox and Hughes.the back line has some serious depth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back