Preview R5: Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKenzie........
gptOYsB.png

Those ins are a mark neeld wet dream

You glass half empty bastards. I was just glad not to see M.Jones, Bail or Terlich. It'll also be funny if Spencer plays.

Ins: Weetra, Byrnes, Rodan, Bail, M.Jones, Strauss, Morton, D.Nicholson, A.Nicholson, Terlich, Bode, J.Spencer, D.Hughes, K.Lawrence, Bate, T.Mcnamara, Gillies, T.Couch, J.Magner, J.Spencer, J.Mckenzie, Ellie Mckenzie, A.Maric, M.Newton, Barry, Blease, C.Schwab, N.Carrol, J.Tynan, J.Sheahan, M.Sheahan, W.B.Wednesday, B.Competitive, L.Cook, J.Sellar, B.Prenderghast, Meesen, Jayden Hunt (sad, but let's be honest..), J.Spencer, J.Spencer, that rookie who was supposed to be Wayne Carey crossed with Dolph Lundgren who I forget his name, anyone else from the Neeld era I've left out and that Richmond bloke who won us the T.Scully cup on the siren.

Out: just a dangerous amount of vomit.

Ahhhhh.. well that was like taking a really big dump. All those names came just off the top of my head, like a branding iron scorched onto my very soul.

Ins: Weetra, Byrnes, Rodan, Bail, M.Jones, Strauss, Morton, D.Nicholson, A.Nicholson, Terlich, Bode, J.Spencer, D.Hughes, K.Lawrence, Bate, T.Mcnamara, Gillies, T.Couch, J.Magner, J.Spencer, J.Mckenzie, Ellie Mckenzie, A.Maric, M.Newton, Barry, Blease, C.Schwab, N.Carrol, J.Tynan, J.Sheahan, M.Sheahan, W.B.Wednesday, B.Competitive, L.Cook, J.Sellar, B.Prenderghast, Meesen, Jayden Hunt (sad, but let's be honest..), J.Spencer, J.Spencer, that rookie who was supposed to be Wayne Carey crossed with Dolph Lundgren who I forget his name, anyone else from the Neeld era I've left out and that Richmond bloke who won us the T.Scully cup on the siren.

Ahhhhh.. well that was like taking a really big dump. All those names came just off the top of my head, like a branding iron scorched onto my very soul.
Harsh on Ellie.

So I was thinking that maybe MFCforever is actually Paul Roos trying to convince us all he doesn't rate Gawn, because the fact that Spencil is ahead of Gawn in pecking order is pretty damning on our ruck department.
Spencer is playing more minutes in the ruck in the VFL and showing more, but I doubt either he will play. He's in better form so he gets the emergency nod as tribute to that.

I think it's a case of Roos not rating Gawn as a forward/ruck type, with his poor kicking for goal likely part of the reason.

If Gawn was doing the majority of the rucking at Casey he'd probably be impressing as well and in the emergency spot.

I still think Gawn is a very solid ruck prospect to take over from Jamar. But unfortunately isn't shaping up as the forward/ruck combination player we were probably hoping. His chances for a game would certainly improve if he Jamar was a handy forward.

I bet a major reason why Roos wants the sub rule scrapped is so he can get Gawn in the team playing 30% ruck to cover Jamar but only needing to do about 30% forward in short bursts instead of becoming a liability in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consider we potentially have to find room for Viney, Petracca, Toumpas and Trengove in the midfield

Thats if ANB and Stretch dont come on
I loo 4ward to the day when they do all come in as the are all going to be best 22 in the future for different reasons.

Can we add Holland to that list please. He cost us pick 20 and Richmond laughed all the way to the bank.

Can we add Holland to the list. Richmond got our pick 20 and laughed all the way to the bank.

I'm still intrigued to see who replaces Kent.

Bail seemed like the most logical replacement, but he got concussed again (!) against Footscray. If you factor in his history with concussion, he might not be back for a while.
Should retire he's getting concussed a lot.

Consider we potentially have to find room for Viney, Petracca, Toumpas and Trengove in the midfield

Thats if ANB and Stretch dont come on
I still remember winning a few games in 10/11 and wondering how we were going to find room for our myriad of draft picks. I wouldn't worry too much. Cross has a year left, and Bernie/Lumumba will be moved to flanks over the course of the next few years as their legs slow down.

Meanwhile, is anyone else frustrated by H? I know he's copping a forward tag, but he's barely visible out there and I'm still not terribly sure he plays for us considering how little he gets the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back