Preview R5: Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does that mean McKenzie starts? I don't think he would be suited to being the sub. I hope they don't make Michie sub again.

I must be the only one who thinks Roos has made the right call here. McKenzie might not be a gun, but he will bust a gut for the team. I think it would have been a wrong move bringing in another tall for a small. Personally I would have gone with Riley and made him the sub, but McKenzie has been playing a role across half back for Casey, so maybe Roos will give him the role of minding Ballantyne(who has chopped us regularly). Grimes isn't the man for Ballantyne. I'd play Grimes on Mayne. That is a good match up for him.

I'd go with Newton as sub. Michie deserves a full game.

* We haven't kicked more than 40 points against this mob the last 4 starts. I want to see us kick a winning score(80 points?). If they still beat us by 10 goals, good luck to them. But I want to see us give Hogan a chance.

Does that mean McKenzie starts? I don't think he would be suited to being the sub. I hope they don't make Michie sub again.
It'll probably be Brayshaw again, you'd imagine. Him or vdB.

Newton's my pick. Kicks a good goal, but is a bit of a passenger.

He's neither an extractor or someone who moves the ball from end to end. He's a neat player who does a bit of everything, but he's sort of just there.

It'll probably be Brayshaw again, you'd imagine. Him or vdB.

Newton's my pick. Kicks a good goal, but is a bit of a passenger.

He hasn't really had the midfield minutes to prove he can do more to be honest. He has played more a high HFF role pushing into the midfield, and he's done well in that role (13 touches average could go up, but 5 goals is fantastic).

As for the changes, McKenzie is surely going to tag Neale or Fyfe (I do think he is a crap footballer but he usually does fairly well at stopping a player). Bernie has done well tagging but I'd like to see him released a bit more offensively as he is our most creative midfielder.

He's neither an extractor or someone who moves the ball from end to end. He's a neat player who does a bit of everything, but he's sort of just there.

Agree, until his fitness gets up he'll comtinue to be.

Once he gets going hes got the attributes to be a really good player.

From reports his lack of running power hindered him at Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think of Mckenzie as just another pair of legs running around the footy oval; occasionally laying a desperate tackle after the ball has already been neatly disposed of by his opponent. lovely fella but I see his inclusion as a backward step for the team

Wild suggestion: why not Hogan gives Jamar a chop for 5 mins here and there? Dude would add value around stoppages I reckon.

Hearing Dunn doing 70 meter barrels at training. Damn i hope he unleashes one again wether it be a turn over or not. Other than fletch i can't really think of anyone who does the torp so well in the AFL

Hearing Dunn doing 70 meter barrels at training. Damn i hope he unleashes one again wether it be a turn over or not. Other than fletch i can't really think of anyone who does the torp so well in the AFL
Fletch drop punted a goal from inside the centre square last week. He doesn't need to torp.

I went along last night and someone pulled one out. Not really helpful cos I have no idea who, but it made the centre circle. Love a torp

Dawes out, Pedersen in.

This might be the best thing that happens for us. It helps team structure plus gives us another key forward who can mark the ball. Pederson is going to have to play the game of his life to keep Dawes from returning. Even if his input is slightly better than what Dawes has given us this year you know Dawes is going to come straight back in & replace him. This sucks because it's just presumed Dawes is a better player.

Any details on why Dawes withdrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back