B. Grimes Dunn Howe
HB. Salem McDonald Garland
C. Vince Jones Lamumba
HF. JKH Dawes Garlett
F. Watts Hogan Brayshaw
R. Jamar Tyson Vberg
IC. Pencil, Michie, Newton
Dz3nk.gif

So far this season the measure of the team playing against Fremantle has been where they have been turning the ball over, beside that one Ibbotson spoil at the end of the Sydney game they were giving it back on the full back and half back line. As long as Melbourne don't snap under forward pressure and turn the ball over across Fremantle's half forward line or across the centre then it can be a contest and an enjoyable match :)

Likewise, if Fremantle dont snap and are able to withstand Melbourne's pressure through the midfield it could well be a contest and enjoyable match, but i very much doubt it. :cool:

I'm still intrigued to see who replaces Kent.

Bail seemed like the most logical replacement, but he got concussed again (!) against Footscray. If you factor in his history with concussion, he might not be back for a while.

I'm still intrigued to see who replaces Kent.

Bail seemed like the most logical replacement, but he got concussed again (!) against Footscray. If you factor in his history with concussion, he might not be back for a while.

His career almost ended with a concussion so Id be surprised if he plays, My vote is still Aidan Riley... Tell him to push the boundaries of tackling as much as possible

His career almost ended with a concussion so Id be surprised if he plays, My vote is still Aidan Riley... Tell him to push the boundaries of tackling as much as possible
I don't rate Riley very highly. His kicking and general decision making were so poor last year. But a big bodied guy that tackles hard probably fits into a Paul Roos side better than someone like Toumpas.

What do you mean by that?

The bloke tackles like a maniac, Id be telling him that his job is to scare the freo blokes into getting rid of the footy
I don't rate Riley very highly. His kicking and general decision making were so poor last year. But a big bodied guy that tackles hard probably fits into a Paul Roos side better than someone like Toumpas.

Hes very limited, but he is an animal at the man and footy and can do the role Kent was doing without being dangerous around goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kent and Jetta are close to the two players we didn't want out of this side to face Freo. Kent for his pace and Jetta to play on one of Freo's many small forwards who will chop us up.

Going to be tough to get close to Freo this week. When was the last time we won two games in a row?? It has been awhile. I don't think we'll see it this weekend, but I want us to aim to kick over 80 points! A big ask against the best defending team in the comp, and considering our last 4 games against them we have been smashed and haven't managed to kick more than 40 points! But if we kick 80, we are a chance to be close.

OUT
Kent - inj
Jetta - inj

IN
Grimes - replacement for Jetta
Toumpas - can come in and be sub

I don't like the idea of bringing in a tall for a small. We got found out a couple of weeks ago when we did that and we lacked the run because of it. Sandilands will smash whoever we bring in anyway, so what is the point?

Melbourne team: round five
B:
Colin Garland, Tom McDonald, Jeremy Howe
HB: Christian Salem, Lynden Dunn, Jack Grimes
C: Heritier Lumumba, Bernie Vince, Daniel Cross
HF: Jeff Garlett, Jesse Hogan, Jay Kennedy-Harris
F: Jack Watts, Chris Dawes, Angus Brayshaw
FOLL: Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson
I/C (from): Ben Newton, Aaron vandenBerg, Viv Michie, Jordie McKenzie, Cameron Pedersen, Aidan Riley, Jake Spencer
IN: Jack Grimes, Jordie McKenzie, Jake Spencer, Aidan Riley, Cameron Pedersen
OUT: Neville Jetta (concussion), Dean Kent (hamstring)

I'd go with Newton, vandenBerg, Michie, Pedersen on the pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back