Autopsy R5 Freo def by Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like A Pearce but call it as it was, he had an absolute shocker. Just kept making the wrong decisions and cost several goals that should not have happened. Will get better but probably his worst game for the club.
So if he hadn't have cost several goals we would have won 9 goals to 3. Bit rich blaming one bloke for 7 goals. I'll call it as it is. Our decision making & disposal was woeful causing our defeat. Not A Pearce costing 7 goals.

I just hope Ross lets him fly as it can be a real weapon for smallish forwards. Medhurst was good in the air too but had his wings clipped by CC and as a result became a chunky HF flanker who looked lost and contributed little for a couple of years before being traded out and then went on to become an All Australian. We need our instinctive footballers to play to their strengths rather than being molded into production line robots.

Earlier today M.Duffield pretty much said what you've posted PT.

Duffield was encouraging RTB to just let Crozier go for it!

Fingers crossed RTB releases the shackles.

Agree with some of these posts, A Pearce has had quiet games before, but I thought this was his career worst performance.

However again we have a player coming off injury/limited prep. There isnt much that hasnt gone wrong this year.

It is, please keep up. Your comment on Dawson's "attitude" doesn't make sense either. His attitude has never been an issue and he's been fulfilling his role as general of the defence admirably under extreme pressure.

Lastly:

Your powers of perception appear to be lacking.
Um, yeah, nah.

Hanging s**t on Dawson really is entry level football analysis. Yeah he is what he is, a very limited player. But he's kept his opponents very quiet essentially all season. Blind Freddy can see the midfield and particularly the forward line is falling apart at the seams, and that has exactly stuff all to do with Zac.

Might be worth putting Fyfe in a KPP in the forward line this year (after he returns) to see how he goes. He may become the forward that we rely on.
Can't see this happening. A midfielder of his quality will play mid mostly only rotating through the forward line until later in his career perhaps. But I still could see him kick around 40 for season like Ablett in 2010 (he was on the way his season already).

Hanging s**t on Dawson really is entry level football analysis.

Great line :thumbsu:

E Shed mentioned the other day how pointless it is discussing footy with the non-die-hard general public - well, without fail, the first thing any of them want to tell me all about is how s**t they think Dawson is.

I just reel off my standard response of 'he's limited, but he does his job'.

Great line :thumbsu:

E Shed mentioned the other day how pointless it is discussing footy with the non-die-hard general public - well, without fail, the first thing any of them want to tell me all about is how s**t they think Dawson is.

I just reel off my standard response of 'he's limited, but he does his job'.

Same, exactly word for word. Usually totally futile. I frequently hear people around me blaming him for goals when not even on the ground, sad to say but there's a real nasty undercurrent and borderline hatred that I haven't heard since the Schammer/McManus/Dodd et al days.

So if he hadn't have cost several goals we would have won 9 goals to 3. Bit rich blaming one bloke for 7 goals. I'll call it as it is. Our decision making & disposal was woeful causing our defeat. Not A Pearce costing 7 goals.

Wow Freddie like the name you have chosen indicates you must be a special kind of stupid. Have another look at my post and then see how you could have invented that I am blaming A Pearce for seven goals!!

My statement was that whilst I really like A Pearce but that was a poor performance and he cost several goals (not seven). I have also stated in another post that Taberner also directly cost goals that's all. I would have thought these a statements of fact or was I watching another game.

Wow Freddie like the name you have chosen indicates you must be a special kind of stupid. Have another look at my post and then see how you could have invented that I am blaming A Pearce for seven goals!!

My statement was that whilst I really like A Pearce but that was a poor performance and he cost several goals (not seven). I have also stated in another post that Taberner also directly cost goals that's all. I would have thought these a statements of fact or was I watching another game.
Sorry should have said several not 7 apparently. Several could mean anything but not 7. Maybe I am a special kind of stupid but can't see why we need to come on here and take pot shots at kids who are trying their best. Good to see Connor get a game this week. Will be interested to see which kids get the third degree from the so called experts this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same, exactly word for word. Usually totally futile. I frequently hear people around me blaming him for goals when not even on the ground, sad to say but there's a real nasty undercurrent and borderline hatred that I haven't heard since the Schammer/McManus/Dodd et al days.
It really is not "entry level analysis" to question Dawson, be it his ability, his role, or his effect on games. I will take the opposite view and say that it is actually a fairly elitist view of the Dockers supporters on here that consider themselves so indoctrinated into this whole "play your role" philosophy, that anyone who questions his ability has no idea about football.
Does he spoil well? Yes and no. He seems quick, is a good reader of the play, and makes many contests, but often his spoils are actually not directed to the boundary but back to the corridor and result in an opposition goal. Can he kick? He's actually not as bad as what people think but for some reason does it rarely. Does he handball to other defenders that are under more pressure than him? Often. Does he give away free kicks in front of goal? Often. Does he make mistakes like kicking out on the full? Often. Can he use his body well in the contest to stop a opposition mark? In previous years I'd say yes but to tell you the truth I have seen him rag dolled quite a few times this year - and not always by gorilla full forwards. Does he play his role in the team? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Would he get selected as the full back in many other teams? (particularly those in the top four) Probably not to be honest.
So get off your high horse. If someone wants to analyse Dawson's ability, or role in the team, then they bloody well should.

It really is not "entry level analysis" to question Dawson, be it his ability, his role, or his effect on games. I will take the opposite view and say that it is actually a fairly elitist view of the Dockers supporters on here that consider themselves so indoctrinated into this whole "play your role" philosophy, that anyone who questions his ability has no idea about football.
Does he spoil well? Yes and no. He seems quick, is a good reader of the play, and makes many contests, but often his spoils are actually not directed to the boundary but back to the corridor and result in an opposition goal. Can he kick? He's actually not as bad as what people think but for some reason does it rarely. Does he handball to other defenders that are under more pressure than him? Often. Does he give away free kicks in front of goal? Often. Does he make mistakes like kicking out on the full? Often. Can he use his body well in the contest to stop a opposition mark? In previous years I'd say yes but to tell you the truth I have seen him rag dolled quite a few times this year - and not always by gorilla full forwards. Does he play his role in the team? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Would he get selected as the full back in many other teams? (particularly those in the top four) Probably not to be honest.
So get off your high horse. If someone wants to analyse Dawson's ability, or role in the team, then they bloody well should.
Nicely said Gungho. I don't agree with every point you make but we have become too precious. Dawson is a much better player than those on the outside give credit but he is limited, and therefore we should be able to analyse whether those limitations are impacting our team as a whole without being labelled uneducated or whatever. Just like we should be able to with any player, so long as we aren't disrespectful by using childish names like "spud" to describe them and we provide some insight in to why we we might have better options on our list, or why we need better options on our list. I really enjoy less extreme conversations about our players, coaches etc rather than what we often see on here as "He can do wrong, you're all haters" or "The guy is an absolute spud, de-list immediately"...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back