Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I noticed you guys didn't have a preview thread for this one so I hope you don't mind me starting one. I'm just very excited about this game!

Huge game for GAJ and Selwood with this one being their 350th and 300th games respectively. I'm sure all the boys will be fired up to perform in such a massive milestone game for the club.

Obviously a lot of eyes will be on Matt Rowell as its his first AFL game in Victoria and he's just come off three best on ground performances in a row. Who do you guys think you'll send to him?

I really felt we matched up well on you guys last year in the Metricon fixture but I know Hawkins was having it his own way for most of the match (kicked 4.3 for the night) and that was largely due to Collins and Thompson both being injured at the time but this time around Collins will be available and looks to be a good match up for Hawkins. Up the other end I think it'll be fascinating to see Harry Taylor play on the emerging Ben King. The midfield contests will also be a really interesting battle with Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett and Steven to go head to head with Rowell, Swallow, Greenwood, Weller and Miller. There's also a little whisper that Izak Rankine may make his AFL debut in this game.

I can't wait! What are your thoughts?

Usually the mods start them the day after the previous match - but I hope this one is allowed to stay.

I think it'll be an absolutely cracking game of footy.

It'll be interesting to see who gets King with Stewart out. Perhaps Taylor or perhaps Kolodjashnij

Rowell might cop a Guthrie tag or might just go head to head with Selwood or something - it's going to be interesting!

I noticed you guys didn't have a preview thread for this one so I hope you don't mind me starting one. I'm just very excited about this game!

Huge game for GAJ and Selwood with this one being their 350th and 300th games respectively. I'm sure all the boys will be fired up to perform in such a massive milestone game for the club.

Obviously a lot of eyes will be on Matt Rowell as its his first AFL game in Victoria and he's just come off three best on ground performances in a row. Who do you guys think you'll send to him?

I really felt we matched up well on you guys last year in the Metricon fixture but I know Hawkins was having it his own way for most of the match (kicked 4.3 for the night) and that was largely due to Collins and Thompson both being injured at the time but this time around Collins will be available and looks to be a good match up for Hawkins. Up the other end I think it'll be fascinating to see Harry Taylor play on the emerging Ben King. The midfield contests will also be a really interesting battle with Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett and Steven to go head to head with Rowell, Swallow, Greenwood, Weller and Miller. There's also a little whisper that Izak Rankine may make his AFL debut in this game.

I can't wait! What are your thoughts?
No problems with the post but the thread needs to be started by one of us.

Ill have to lock this but please copy your post over to the new thread.

Link here

Thanks

GFC Mods.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back