Autopsy R5. Gold Coast vs Adelaide, Metricon April 22 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting Sun's line up... No point putting Brooksby to play CHB IMO.. he is probably going to get towelled up at this level.. Brooksby is a tweener, too small to be a first Ruck and lacks agility and speed to be a key position..
So lets change the strategy and give Adelaide something to think about..
Looking at the way they are lining up, you would think Lemmens will play fwd which allows Ah Chee to play back.. there have been many skillfull quick Half fwd types reinvigorate their careers by playing back.. Adam Saad reportedly started fwd and what a revelation he has become as a backman..
I think Ah Chee could fulfill his enormous potential down back with his athleticsm and skills..
I reckon you have to play to your strengths.. our strength is our speed atm, so lets overload on it and run them ragged.. we have enough at the coal face to win the ball, we have the fwds to capitalise on good fwd entries... lets play on all day and give them something to stress about...
Great selection from the match committee! !

Lynch is a good height but he's not a big pack marking player so you can go undersized on him, maybe joyce. Would like to see Kolo get otten. Think it would be a opportunity to develop his defensive game.

The optimists see breakneck speed everywhere
The pessimists see mismatches in our backline

65860485.jpg

The optimists see breakneck speed everywhere
The pessimists see mismatches in our backline

65860485.jpg
Think it has to go that way though to give us the best possible chance of winning

of course if it backfires it probably means a bigger loss than the 'safer' choice of maintaining the same structure with journeyman Brooksby

Haha what I mean is he is hardly mobile and won't be going on your long searching leads, unlike Walker, so Brooksby would have a much easier time splitting a contest against Otten, than getting ripped to shreds by Tex.

Otten started his career up forward, then moved back. Was Rising Star runner up in '09. (Rich won that year and Dangerfield was 7th!) Seriously talented player Otten. But of course 2 ACL's and no afl for 3 years seriously interrupted his career. He knows how to position himself up forward better than many key forwards, but he has only been back playing for 4 games. I'd rate his contested marking as good or better than Walker's. Has kicked 2 goals twice so far this year, including in the showdown. Knowing his ability, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him kick 4 or 5 very soon. Most clubs will underestimate him, until he does this. The fill in ruck thing is only because Jenkins is out.

Last edited:
Otten started his career up forward, then moved back. Was Rising Star runner up in '09. Seriously talented player. But of course 2 ACL's and no afl for 3 years seriously interrupted his career. He knows how to position himself up forward better than many key forwards, but he has only been back playing for 4 games. I'd rate his contested marking as good or better than Walker's. Has kicked 2 goals twice so far this year, including in the showdown. Knowing his ability, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him kick 4 or 5 very soon. Most clubs will underestimate him, until he does this. The fill in ruck thing is only because Jenkins is out.
Wasn't aware of Otten's history. Judging off our list for this week, it looks like we are going to try and not go like for like, but try a smaller backline and run it out, will see if it works or not.

Wasn't aware of Otten's history. Judging off our list for this week, it looks like we are going to try and not go like for like, but try a smaller backline and run it out, will see if it works or not.

Yeah not many would know his history beyond our supporters. I don't know your list well either. Was pissed to lose Lyons, was in our top 2-3 contested players last year, will be good to watch him again. All the best.

Yeah not many would know his history beyond our supporters. I don't know your list well either. Was pissed to lose Lyons, was in our top 2-3 contested players last year, will be good to watch him again. All the best.

Lyons always seemed to get a rough deal from the selectors. I don't blame him for leaving - he'd make the first 22 in most clubs.

Lyons always seemed to get a rough deal from the selectors. I don't blame him for leaving - he'd make the first 22 in most clubs.

But after they did away with the sub vest he was in our best 22. Played all of last season in the midfield. Oh well, we're doing fine without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Sun's line up... No point putting Brooksby to play CHB IMO.. he is probably going to get towelled up at this level.. Brooksby is a tweener, too small to be a first Ruck and lacks agility and speed to be a key position..
So lets change the strategy and give Adelaide something to think about..
Looking at the way they are lining up, you would think Lemmens will play fwd which allows Ah Chee to play back.. there have been many skillfull quick Half fwd types reinvigorate their careers by playing back.. Adam Saad reportedly started fwd and what a revelation he has become as a backman..
I think Ah Chee could fulfill his enormous potential down back with his athleticsm and skills..
I reckon you have to play to your strengths.. our strength is our speed atm, so lets overload on it and run them ragged.. we have enough at the coal face to win the ball, we have the fwds to capitalise on good fwd entries... lets play on all day and give them something to stress about...
Great selection from the match committee! !

Essendon were saying the same thing last week. Dropped a bunch of tall for a bunch of speed.

Hopefully it works out better for you guys this week.

We're a team full of confidence with nothing to lose. The media doesn't give us a hope and we always seem to play better being the underdogs. I think we are a real chance.

According to Fox Sports, the Suns are still a bottom four team, "Against Essendon, the Blues looked like a clever, well-coached side that was good enough to defeat a finals contender. Against Gold Coast, they just looked like a bottom four team that couldn’t beat another bottom four team."

Fox Sports burning question for the Suns is What sort of performance can they manage against a high-level opponent

"The Suns have won two straight games, but neither Hawthorn nor Carlton look like much of a finals threat in 2017. The first goal was getting out of the hole they looked to be in as a club following Round 2’s demolition at the hands of GWS; they achieved that one. But the Crows have averaged over 128 points per game this season and Gold Coast won’t want to be another victim of the Adelaide steamroller."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back