Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think club defining game is a bit extreme...dogs are a good side in good form. Top 8 material.

If we lose but put up a good showing its probably a fair indication where we are at...most would project dogs to finish higher than us at the end of the year.

That’s the point, though. Who are we as a club?

If we win this game by 25 points, we will be in the top 8... for the first time since 2013.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Lose this game, and there’s no way we get back in the 8. We play out the string once again, happy to put up a good showing for an 8th straight year.

Id hope and like to see different, but if it doesn’t happen today, it won’t until 2021... then 2022... then....

He is quite good..and they have used him in a few spots with only moderate success
He too slow for mids- not enough ball
Rotating forward/forward again pace...
We have a few fringe listings..with Newnes .Lang.etc who I don't want to get into

He could get a run of matches following Today if he can contribute ....lets hope he works 👍
He has lost a considerable amount of weight with the aim of running through the mid which he has in the 2's with very good results.

Pace NOT that important in the GUTS, specially if wet.

BAM BAM to go BANG BANG TODAY !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I would like to see:

• Cripps to go head to head with Bont, then hand over to Plow if he pushes forward. Cripps needs to do the same, keep Bont honest
  • Ed to McCrae, even if that is on the wing, which will allow Setters, Martin, Cuners, Walsh, Kennedy to rotate through the stoppages
  • Jones to Bruce, Weits to Shack
  • If Doc gets tagged early and is nullified stick him in the guts
  • Switch/Tempo footy until we have +1 numbers or an overlap
  • Don't allow Daniel to have space
  • If Harry stays in the side, he is deemed fit, so he needs to work hard for the front position, bring it to ground if he can't mark and up his 2nd efforts.
  • Gov to push up the ground, needs to be involved, then work his man the other way
  • Pittonet needs to bang English hard from the start, reduce his leap and workrate around the ground
Blues in a close one

Last edited:
That’s the point, though. Who are we as a club?

If we win this game by 25 points, we will be in the top 8... for the first time since 2013.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Lose this game, and there’s no way we get back in the 8. We play out the string once again, happy to put up a good showing for an 8th straight year.

Id hope and like to see different, but if it doesn’t happen today, it won’t until 2021... then 2022... then....
season is defs not over if we lose today. Most teams are 3-3 and we are one game behind if we lose today. Big whoop. That is easy to overcome

season is defs not over if we lose today. Most teams are 3-3 and we are one game behind if we lose today. Big whoop. That is easy to overcome

In a season where mental strength will be everything, 2-4 will be season over. You really think we bounce back from 2-4 to go 7-4 or 8-3 the rest of the way? While on the road full time, with, to be honest, a loser/honourable loss mentality as a club?

At the very least it sets up an execution-style match next week - there’s definitely no coming back from 2-5 in a 17 game season.

harry must fire today.......

think we are being a bit harsh on H...wasn’t good last week, but only other game he’s played this year was against Geelong...he got three shots on goal that game and was serviceable without being at his best...

needs a chance to build into the season a little before we call a ‘make or break’ game for him...

Gets dewy and slippery at night up there though, but I guess that won’t matter seeing there’s 70% chance of rain at 6pm and 100% at 7pm according to my weather app anyway.
radar showing the clound band that has just hit raound brisbane and it is heading down in a south easterly direcction so more than likely we will cop some of that in the next 1 hour.

There are NO BOATS going anywhere at present.. ;)

Kennedy will be the talk of this forum post game .....Just gotta feeling :think:

Go BAM BAM ,it looks to me like you have worked your butt off (literally) and
today you will reap the rewards.
Have that feeling myself, he is looking lean and hungry and I reckon Russell finally has him back to where he needs to be, here’s hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back