Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you set no bar, have no standards and believe in excuses not results....you are reflection of our supporter base that no longer demands a high level of performance

Tell us something; How do you demand a high level of performance? How does a supporter do this? How do you do it?

We are behind in our rebuild and have some concerns for some of the top end draftees we brought into the club.
Fortunately or unfortunately, we now have a new coach and a new List Manager and it's all another 'reset' of sorts.

We have little choice but to at least let this year play out and if we're still harbouring grievances, we can take them to the club then......and demand.

Tell us something; How do you demand a high level of performance? How does a supporter do this? How do you do it?

We are behind in our rebuild and have some concerns for some of the top end draftees we brought into the club.
Fortunately or unfortunately, we now have a new coach and a new List Manager and it's all another 'reset' of sorts.

We have little choice but to at least let this year play out and if we're still harbouring grievances, we can take them to the club then......and demand.

How are we behind in our rebuild? Against who and what measure?

How are we behind in our rebuild? Against who and what measure?

What was the 66 game rebuild about?
At the end of this year it will be a ~110 game rebuild and we still won't be pushing for finals.

My point 2 feeds into point one. Many of our key younger players just haven't developed ideally, to date.

What was the 66 game rebuild about?
At the end of this year it will be a ~110 game rebuild and we still won't be pushing for finals.

My point 2 feeds into point one. Many of our key younger players just haven't developed ideally, to date.

Let's separate the 2 points

1. Against who and what measure are we behind in our rebuild? 66 game rebuild was about adding core young talent to come through as a group. Nowhere has it been stated by the club and or individual that we would be immediately be playing finals after this period.

Against the 2 most recent rebuilding clubs, Saint and Lions, we are actually ahead of their timeline. So what measure are you using?

2. Yes, some players selected may not be progressing as we would have liked, or should I say the expections of many supporters, but this is never linear, Weitering is a great example. This is no different to any other young group at any club

As for "we" will demand answers at the end of the year, perhaps "we" can speak for ourselves

Last edited:
Let's separate the 2 points

1. Against who and what measure are we behind in our rebuild? 66 game rebuild was about adding core young talent to come through as a group. Nowhere has it been stated by the club and or individual that we would be immediately be playing finals after this period.

Against the 2 most recent rebuilding clubs, Saint and Lions, we are actually ahead of their timeline. So what measure are you using?

2. Yes, some players selected may not be progressing as we would have liked, or should I say the expections of many supporters, but this is never linear, Weiting is a great example. This is no different to any other young group at any club

As for "we" will demand answers at the end of the year, perhaps "we" can speak for ourselves

I told you last year what the clubs' expectations were - That was to win 7 to 8 games. This was met only when we turfed Bolton
Believe it or not, at the start of this year, the expectations were for 11 to 12 wins. Things would have obviously changed, since.
The club does have expectations. It wants to win and needs to win. It wanted to be in a position to make finals this year. It really did.

Was it you the other day that announced that we won't be finishing bottom 6?
As if that's something to look forward to. That's a very low expectation 5 years into this rebuild.

I've been saying this for how long now?; I don't know where we are. I really don't and if others do, that's great.
I have no idea what our midfield is about and as stated above, will need at least until the end of this year, in possibly getting a handle on it.
As for it not being different to any other club? I question that and young players elsewhere seem to be performing better than the majority of our younger players, but that makes for a whole new discussion.

As for your last point - I was referring that to the poster I quoted. Maybe you misinterpreted

I told you last year what the clubs' expectations were - That was to win 7 to 8 games. This was met only when we turfed Bolton
Believe it or not, at the start of this year, the expectations were for 11 to 12 wins. Things would have obviously changed, since.
The club does have expectations. It wants to win and needs to win. It wanted to be in a position to make finals this year. It really did.

Was it you the other day that announced that we won't be finishing bottom 6?
As if that's something to look forward to. That's a very low expectation 5 years into this rebuild.

I've been saying this for how long now?; I don't know where we are. I really don't and if others do, that's great.
I have no idea what our midfield is about and as stated above, will need at least until the end of this year, in possibly getting a handle on it.
As for it not being different to any other club? I question that and young players elsewhere seem to be performing better than the majority of our younger players, but that makes for a whole new discussion.

As for your last point - I was referring that to the poster I quoted. Maybe you misinterpreted

1. Please show me where the club has stated they expected 11-12 wins? Was that also before the compromised fixture?

So me stating we wouldn't finish bottom 6, also is an indication of our possible ceiling?

Before the start of the season ( not this compromised, 22 odd % less) I had pegged us in for 8-13 wins, now 6-9, with finals being slightly out of reach

You know, realism

2. So, other young players are, collectively better at other clubs, that started their rebuild before us?

Like the lick fest, for Oliver ahead of Weitering?.

Perhaps name some individuals and we can discuss it in detail

As for "we" and "us", no disrespect, but you have a habit of adding the masses into what you think and expect

Now, let's leave this thread for the game, if you want to discuss it further, let's drag it to list management perhaps

1. Please show me where the club has stated they expected 11-12 wins? Was that also before the compromised fixture?

So me stating we wouldn't finish bottom 6, also is an indication of our possible ceiling?

Before the start of the season ( not this compromised, 22 odd % less) I had pegged us in for 8-13 wins, now 6-9, with finals being slightly out of reach

You know, realism

2. So, other young players are, collectively better at other clubs, that started their rebuild before us?

As for "we" and "us", no disrespect, but you have a habit of adding the masses into what you think and expect

Now, let's leave this thread for the game, if you want to discuss it further, let's drag it to list management perhaps

1. I said "believe it or not." This is from the club and I did state that it would have obviously changed......for the obvious reasons.
So it was you? Of course it doesn't matter for an opinion, but this is somehow your level of expectation, which is starkly different to the clubs.This was the point.

2. Re players: It's something that I've noticed in recent weeks and have said as much.
Look at Day and Atu on Friday night. Both looked accomplished in their first games and if one looks across the board, it seems to me that other teams young players are faring better than ours.

This does not mean that ours won't come on, but on the games I've watched, this has come across quite noticeably.
It may end this week, but it has been noticeable.....to me :)

Re 'We and Us'. I explained to you that you misinterpreted that post.......but somehow you start your sentence off with, 'No disrespect', which in reality means....plenty of disrespect. :) It also means you're taking this board way too seriously.

The game? Who knows.?
Who knows who'll come out to play and who wont?
What moves the coach will make and which ones he wont?

It's hard to pick what we'll do today, given all the unusual circumstances.

I’m a bit surprised by this, did you watch much footy in the 80s Or 70s? I didn’t, I was born in 85, but a quick search shows there was a hell of a lot more free kicks paid in the 70s and 80s per game compared to today.

Not the 70s I was referring to the 80s and 90s. Born in 88 and so while I was only a kid in the 90s, I did watch quite a bit of footy and watching classic matches from 80s and 90s, based on today's umpiring, you could pluck out an extra 20 free kicks. Umpires did their job and weren’t noticeable back then.

Obviously have not seen any praccy games, but is Kennedy playing well?

Just feel like his boat has sailed, but I hope I am wrong.
There are NO BOATS going anywhere at present.. ;)

Kennedy will be the talk of this forum post game .....Just gotta feeling :think:

Go BAM BAM ,it looks to me like you have worked your butt off (literally) and
today you will reap the rewards.

Not the 70s I was referring to the 80s and 90s. Born in 88 and so while I was only a kid in the 90s, I did watch quite a bit of footy and watching classic matches from 80s and 90s, based on today's umpiring, you could pluck out an extra 20 free kicks. Umpires did their job and weren’t noticeable back then.
1594507975009.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Accepting on face value that the numbers for alone those 4 years in the 80s and 90s suggest a higher number of free kicks in those eras, I still stand by my statement from the matches I’ve seen in those eras (including replays over the last few years) compared to now re umpiring.
IMO standard has dropped since the rate of rule changes increased.

You know, realism

The club stated in various forums 10-12 wins this year, coterie groups and the like.

It is the day of the week which will see the game contested, male offspring of female dogs!
Brilliant high-brow sidestep pass,
and the legal dept declares
No Infringment of copyright.
All clear!!

The turf at Metricon looked absolutely shredded last night. Combined with the conditions, first to 5 goals probably wins.

Not opposed to Fisher coming in for McKay.

Our ‘slow’ midfield might enjoy a slog though - Setterfield, Cripps, Curnow, SPS aren’t known for their pace.

Glad Dunkley is missing for them.

Not going to be a pretty game.

The turf at Metricon looked absolutely shredded last night. Combined with the conditions, first to 5 goals probably wins.

Not opposed to Fisher coming in for McKay.

Our ‘slow’ midfield might enjoy a slog though - Setterfield, Cripps, Curnow, SPS aren’t known for their pace.

Glad Dunkley is missing for them.

Not going to be a pretty game.

Are the using the gabba at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back