Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the language we've succumbed ourselves down to.
One prefers one player over another, must mean that there is 'hate' involved.

Who taught us to speak like this? How have we allowed oursleves to do so?

People have always used the word 'hate' where maybe 'don't like' or 'prefer something else' something is concerned, it's nothing new. I think we can work out what they mean. The same happens with the word 'love'. No biggie.

Singular statistic?

Keep cheery picking Jim

Really done with the Gibbons negativity on this board, only supported by where our youth was selected, yet strangely this season, none have replaced him or any other player apart from an injury

Will let the rest of you moan for a little longer, looking forward to reviewing end of year

Am out
Out of interest how many carlton premierships have you seen?

The more I think about it, Gov back as the mid sized defender is very appealing. We desperately need him involved as he makes things happen.

Plow is just a foot soldier. Absolutely can play a role but has a tendency to be absolutely pantsed on the reg.
McGovern is our best shot on goal is the only issue.. laser accurate

I wonder if Smith May miss with concussion. They wouldn’t take risks like they did with Picken. Vandermeer got kneed to the eye socket too. They’re dropping like flies.

On top of no naughton, lloyd and dunkley.

They will get hunter back from suspension but he hasn't had any proper match practice.

In this season really any game can go any way. Dogs in good form but can easily see us winning if we come to play.

So many variables in terms of how players and clubs adapt to the hub...hard to predict.

Apparently Josh Bruce might not go as he's got young children...

Dogs and saints are nearly unbeatable at marvel,exposed to the elements changes everything.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep saints torched richmond and actually the dogs too at marvel in pretty much the same way they did to us.

They are very good there with their speed and aggresive ball movement. But they can't replicate it at literally any other ground as they are outdoors.

Add a bit of wind, sun, slippery ball, slippery ground and they can't pull it off and end up making lots of turnovers. Which is why the game being moved there from the mcg really screwed us.

With the hub and everything going on anything could happen this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On top of no naughton, lloyd and dunkley.

They will get hunter back from suspension but he hasn't had any proper match practice.

In this season really any game can go any way. Dogs in good form but can easily see us winning if we come to play.

So many variables in terms of how players and clubs adapt to the hub...hard to predict.

Apparently Josh Bruce might not go as he's got young children...
They said today the took the entire squad.

The Gibbons bashing is laughably misguided.

Apparently he’s being “entirely outclassed” by Philp 🤣
Class is not the same thing as work ethic or production. Don't twist my words because you can't gauge a player's ceiling and growth until you're raw from being slapped in the face by it.

Like Arrow said, happy to review this down the line, but Gibbons is the kind of player you want to move forward from. Even Kane Lambert, for how much everyone laments us bypassing him, hasn't looked flash this year until just this week... or ever really, and he would be the yardstick for what people are hoping for from Gibbons.

Sometimes players from that lower band can fit well into a niche for a side, but when I see people talking up Gibbons, I feel like I'm just hearing the cries from people who were made to feel like they were too short, unfit or skinny to be able to play football. Apologies that your sporting career didn't pan out, but I'm being critical for a purpose, and it's not to bully someone off the face of the earth.

Apologies, I haven’t tracked the injury thread for currency/decency but where are we at with Marchbank, SOS and Dow?
Side issue. I like some of one of Philps work the other day but suspect he is the first in the gun.
And, what the is happening with O’Brien and Stocker.
Separate side issue, Wiliamson was poor.

Apologies, I haven’t tracked the injury thread for currency/decency but where are we at with Marchbank, SOS and Dow?
Side issue. I like some of one of Philps work the other day but suspect he is the first in the gun.
And, what the is happening with O’Brien and Stocker.
Separate side issue, Wiliamson was poor.
Stick with Willo he is exactly what we need going forward. Has s**t in him and an elite left foot.

Class is not the same thing as work ethic or production. Don't twist my words because you can't gauge a player's ceiling and growth until you're raw from being slapped in the face by it.

Like Arrow said, happy to review this down the line, but Gibbons is the kind of player you want to move forward from. Even Kane Lambert, for how much everyone laments us bypassing him, hasn't looked flash this year until just this week... or ever really, and he would be the yardstick for what people are hoping for from Gibbons.

Sometimes players from that lower band can fit well into a niche for a side, but when I see people talking up Gibbons, I feel like I'm just hearing the cries from people who were made to feel like they were too short, unfit or skinny to be able to play football. Apologies that your sporting career didn't pan out, but I'm being critical for a purpose, and it's not to bully someone off the face of the earth.
What a weird spiteful post.

Harsh call Jim. Gibbo breeds heart and sole and is invaluable in our young and inexperienced midfield.

I really don't get the Gibbons hate on this board.

It's astonishing!!!...one of the more skillful players in our team. Get him in the middle; get him to do some run with work while Ed takes a breather; get him to piss off whoever is niggling Cripps but most of all, get him in the middle more
PS. Are people blind or can they not see his kicking ability on both sides of the body?

It's astonishing!!!...one of the more skillful players in our team. Get him in the middle; get him to do some run with work while Ed takes a breather; get him to piss off whoever is niggling Cripps but most of all, get him in the middle more
PS. Are people blind or can they not see his kicking ability on both sides of the body?

Cause he is not a first round pick from Micky Turner's Geelong Falcons Footy Factory, and was a VFL recruit from Williamstown, so fans must automatically think he is no good/talented.

It's a very lazy and ignorant line of thinking, I would guess Gibbo would be in our top 5 in our B right now.

Bit of a quiet achiever is Gibbo.

Cause he is not a first round pick from Micky Turner's Geelong Falcons Footy Factory, and was a VFL recruit from Williamstown, so fans must automatically think he is no good/talented.

It's a very lazy and ignorant line of thinking, I would guess Gibbo would be in our top 5 in our B right now.

Bit of a quiet achiever is Gibbo.

The Dominator lobbed in from VFA club Prahran...I think that worked out ok from memory:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back