Prediction R6: CHANGES vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly won't hurt. Lowering our eyes and hitting targets on the lead most important. Their whole game relies on long bombs to Gov and Co.
So this. Our forward line delivery is critical. If Kersten plays, he and Mcarthy are very good set shots. Neither are contested marking beasts. You have to feel sorry for Kersten last year, our delivery gave him no hope.

So this. Our forward line delivery is critical. If Kersten plays, he and Mcarthy are very good set shots. Neither are contested marking beasts. You have to feel sorry for Kersten last year, our delivery gave him no hope.
Unfortunately Kersten's lack of intensity and consistency of effort cost him just as much.....can't see him coming back unless cmac needs a spell.

Kersten does not suit a game plan with long sideline bombs. He needs isolation and spread in the forward half of the ground, kicker picks the most viable target. He is an accurate kick once he gets it.

Jones has bugger all chance of playing. He has been bog ordinary with Peel incl. his last game and we would be awfully slow with him and Sandi in the team.

Johnson is a lock IMO. Tabs out injured.

After our good win last Sat, that will be it. If it is felt more firepower is needed up forward Shane Kersten is a chance but that would mean one of Duman, Tucker, Crowden or Brayshaw would miss and none of them deserve to miss.

Duman and Blakely are versatile enough to play other positions to accommodate Johnno moving to defence. Johno and Alex Pearce to pinch hit in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Sportsbet have suspended betting on WC?
The derby market has been steady all week, in fact for weeks, I only know from checking after the JLT hoping to get $3 or something silly on Freo (didn't happen) but WC are firming slightly as of this afternoon so the punters are backing them in bigger volume than Freo.

Surely Stephen Hill moves out of defence before Blakely does. I think it’ll be one change and Mundy will play mostly forward.

I know Hill is mainly outside but Mundy didn’t exactly play the whole game midfield last week from memory. Would S.Hill and bit of the kids taking say 20-30% of Mundy’s midfield time really be that bad against say Redden and Masten? If Hill plays mainly wing and midfield there’s room for Duman. Tucker and Langdon spend more minutes one the flanks.

Out: Taberner
In: Johnson, Hughes, Kersten, Sheridan, Jones

wtf at Jones?

Looks like a Johnno for Tabs straight swap
What do you mean What the F*** Jones? Yeah he ad a bad game Last week for Peel.

For all the crap freo has been bagged out for not producing tall forwards, We have a few ruck/forwards on the list. Apeness is good, But I am worried as he has been through 2 knee recos. Luke Strnadica is still developing.

So that leaves Scott Jones: 203 cm, 115 kg ruck forward. A mature ager at 22 years old. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays in the Derby. Can ruck while sandi is on the Bench and take a contested mark or 2.

He looked ok last year in the WAFL.

What do you mean What the F*** Jones? Yeah he ad a bad game Last week for Peel.

For all the crap freo has been bagged out for not producing tall forwards, We have a few ruck/forwards on the list. Apeness is good, But I am worried as he has been through 2 knee recos. Luke Strnadica is still developing.

So that leaves Scott Jones: 203 cm, 115 kg ruck forward. A mature ager at 22 years old. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays in the Derby. Can ruck while sandi is on the Bench and take a contested mark or 2.

He looked ok last year in the WAFL.
I'm saying Meek has gone past him as a Ruck/Forward, hell even Nads should get a game, Apeness is still gaining fitness and i understand why he isn't in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back