Prediction R6: CHANGES vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Crumpet on 6PR - No Sheed, Shuey, Yeo or JK for the derby.
It's probably just Simpson playing ducks and drakes but if you can bring yourself to watch it in his presser he was very cagey when asked the same.

I assume it is a moot point now though that the bench has been finalised?

Perhaps a big late out who knows.

It was rainy last week against a poor opposition which made it easy for our smalls & McCarthy..we won’t get that luxury on Sunday.

My gut feeling is telling me we should of played Cox or Kersten.

It was rainy last week against a poor opposition which made it easy for our smalls & McCarthy..we won’t get that luxury on Sunday.

My gut feeling is telling me we should of played Cox or Kersten.
I don't think it helps.

If we bomb it long it doesn't matter if it is Ballas or Cox sitting under it because Gov will mark it.

We have to lower our eyes going forward to be any chance and if we do, the small forward line will be to our advantage. Cox would be useful as a bailout kick though.

I was disappointed in Lyon in the last derby and think he was outcoached. Looking forward to seeing the response.
I seem to remember us not being able to kick straight. We smashed em in the clearances, tackles and inside 50's but missed too often kicking 5.14 to 11.8. We even won the free kick count can u believe 19 to 11.

Grabbener didnt play that day with Cox playing FF. Maybe its a good sign we can generate scores without the big grabs just need to capitalise. Given Fyfes back at full strength and our defensive transition has improved massively I can see why the Eagles seem a bit cagey atm.

I can still remember the bronx cheers form the crowd when we finally kicked a couple of goals in the second quarter! I walked away at the half time break wondering what the hell had i been witnessing.

Do you reckon we play with a 5 man forward line? i.e. MJ comes in and stays back unless rucking.
Means someone like MJ, Ryan, Wilson etc. is free in our backline unless they man them up and crowd their f50.
Results in a battle of the loose man in defense and how well we use the ball going forward to hit targets.

Do you reckon we play with a 5 man forward line? i.e. MJ comes in and stays back unless rucking.
Means someone like MJ, Ryan, Wilson etc. is free in our backline unless they man them up and crowd their f50.
Results in a battle of the loose man in defense and how well we use the ball going forward to hit targets.
We lose that battle. Their whole game plan is based around intercept at half back. Lunacy IMO to just let them have that.

Simple solution;move the ball quickly and don’t bomb it long into our forward line for McGovern and Barass to gobble up. Lower the eyes, hit targets and nail our set shots.
I wish it was that simple.
I reckon the problem happens when we have a centre clearance any kick out is under pressure & this plays into the hands of the scum defence
I’d like to see pressured centre clearances go wide, in order to avoid their interceptors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back