Game Day R6: Crows v Hawks 2021 Tasmania

Final result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker should have also kicked to space when TT was one on one very late. Make it a bit easier for the first gamer instead of dobbing it on his head.
Would have been a better kick if he kicked in on top of Thilthorpe head, but the kick went to the left of his defender who was already facing left.

So the free kick count ended up 30 to 25.

So somehow after half time the Crows managed to become completely hopeless and give free kicks up basically 2 to 1 .

I realise it's pointless to bring up.but the Hawks were absolutely backed into to win that.
swings and roundabouts, we got a good ride early I thought.

The wind shift wasn't a major factor. Our inability to cope with the wind was

It was blowing to the right of screen's left forward pocket most of the day. Then was across the ground towards the outer side wing in the final quarter

Most of the game our defenders positioned themselves stupidly, standing on the 'tv camera side' of their opponent so the wind always was working against us. Was constant and infuriating.

You see the contest with Thilthorpe at the end of Q4 and the Hawks' defender positions himself on the wind side. Easy win.

When we were kicking out of D50 in the last quarter we always chose the TV camera side. Meant we were kicking into the wind to a degree so the ball would drop short and curl left. Our talls were utterly clueless dealing with this until Fog finally clunked one and later ROB cottoned on.

I've said before that wind is our oldest foe. Smart footballers cope in windy conditions. It exposes dumb footballers and players who lack skill.

Just watched some of the highlights again - amazingly we didn't score a goal after Thilthorpe's fifth early in the third. We literally needed one goal in a quarter and two thirds to win the game and couldn't do it.

Team froze and got punished in the end, simple as that. It's going to be another long season and even when we were 3-1 I knew the the losses will eventually start to come. A loss like this though will certainly knock the stuffing out of this young team so a real wakeup call vs the Giants is coming I gather.

As an aside, the club really needs to push back on being the sacrificial lamb for all interstate / regional games. No other club has to do as many as us. Look at this year - Launceston, Ballarat, Cairns...it is just bullsh@t
Don't forget the traditional rivalry we have with GWS and GC away on Father's Day and Mothers Day each year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched some of the highlights again - amazingly we didn't score a goal after Thilthorpe's fifth early in the third. We literally needed one goal in a quarter and two thirds to win the game and couldn't do it.
I said to my partner at the time once they took it down the other end to score that we had stopped completely. i just didn't realise it would be for the remainder of the game.

The wind shift wasn't a major factor. Our inability to cope with the wind was

It was blowing to the right of screen's left forward pocket most of the day. Then was across the ground towards the outer side wing in the final quarter

Most of the game our defenders positioned themselves stupidly, standing on the 'tv camera side' of their opponent so the wind always was working against us. Was constant and infuriating.

You see the contest with Thilthorpe at the end of Q4 and the Hawks' defender positions himself on the wind side. Easy win.

When we were kicking out of D50 in the last quarter we always chose the TV camera side. Meant we were kicking into the wind to a degree so the ball would drop short and curl left. Our talls were utterly clueless dealing with this until Fog finally clunked one and later ROB cottoned on.

I've said before that wind is our oldest foe. Smart footballers cope in windy conditions. It exposes dumb footballers and players who lack skill.

Well, I was at the ground. The wind was significant.

Easy to say 'adjust' ... But we had one quarter with the wind helping - and did pretty well.

Just for the record the wind in the last was not consistent either. It would hit some kicks and then not touch the next ... Much easier to deal with when it is not into your face. Look at Keays shot on goal, he aimed right - mishit a pulled draw - went further right.

The other factor was the frees, not the number, when and where. The Hawks supporters we sat with were shrugging their shoulders too.

Look, lots to learn. We did get caught out multiple times misreading the flight. We kicked long to the right from defence (as we always do) even though it made no sense. Thilthorpe had a couple of chances were he just couldn't hold his ground in the contest. Tex double grabbed. Keays miskicked. We had a sub that couldn't impact. Berg was robbed.

The one thing that is certain is it was not accepted by the guys. Walking off they were dark. Very dark. Determined even. I know there are some on here that think winning is the best tonic... I think that loss will be a point in the timeline. We'll see.

When the programming comes out we should refuse to play any teams in Tasmania. I cant recall the last time we won there. Throw in Kardinia Park while were there.

When the programming comes out we should refuse to play any teams in Tasmania. I cant recall the last time we won there. Throw in Kardinia Park while were there.

I don’t think we should refuse to play in Tasmania because of our record. We should flatly refuse because we are the ones who have done the hard yards and deserve a break. Why should we be forced to play in (at least one of) the NT, Tassie and FNQ each and every year when other clubs - Richmond, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon - have combined played what, 5 games in those same venues in the last 10. years?

Back