Review R6 Dogs 80 defeat Blues 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of enthusiasm for Lipinski in this thread but I'm not sold. To me, to date he has played a soft, peripheral involvement style of game. Just like the way Dale has gone this season.

And Crozier looks a bit "goes round the outside" to me as well in the few games he has played.

If we are going to stock our list with bruise-free outside types as we seem to be doing, we are going to the foot of the ladder fast and for a long time. That's what bothers me.

Lot of enthusiasm for Lipinski in this thread but I'm not sold. To me, to date he has played a soft, peripheral involvement style of game. Just like the way Dale has gone this season.

And Crozier looks a bit "goes round the outside" to me as well in the few games he has played.

If we are going to stock our list with bruise-free outside types as we seem to be doing, we are going to the foot of the ladder fast and for a long time. That's what bothers me.
And then you have another bunch of posters saying we have too many ball butchers who lack polish and skill. Not every single player has to be a hard contested beast. We’ve been lacking outside players for ages and then we play a couple of them as kids and some still complain?

Do you mean the Dale who rediscovered his commitment on Fri night, and the Crozier that put his body on the line several times first week back after injury? Bruise-free, eh? I must have been at a different Bulldogs/Blues match.

Lot of enthusiasm for Lipinski in this thread but I'm not sold. To me, to date he has played a soft, peripheral involvement style of game. Just like the way Dale has gone this season..

I came on here just now to ask a question about Lipinski too. I am NOT advocating he be dropped based on only 3 games or whatever his number is. But i did note he had only 10 possessions, didn't see him much in his other games and was wondering if those who have seen more of him than I have could comment on the type of player he is. Is he purely a forward or do some see him as being able to spend time in the midfield eventually( say 70% forward, 30%mid), is he a tackling forward, or a low possession but reliable for 2 goals a week type?

I came on here just now to ask a question about Lipinski too. I am NOT advocating he be dropped based on only 3 games or whatever his number is. But i did note he had only 10 possessions, didn't see him much in his other games and was wondering if those who have seen more of him than I have could comment on the type of player he is. Is he purely a forward or do some see him as being able to spend time in the midfield eventually( say 70% forward, 30%mid), is he a tackling forward, or a low possession but reliable for 2 goals a week type?
According to Bevo he has a tank and presumably the ability to cover a lot of ground. Knows where the goals are and seemingly where to be to get them. Looks like a keeper. 3 games in hard to know but suspect half forward who can run all day.

Must have watched a different game as I saw Lipinski go in and get at least 2 or 3 balls and fire out handballs. He was very impressive. Looks a lot quicker than I thought he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have watched a different game as I saw Lipinski go in and get at least 2 or 3 balls and fire out handballs. He was very impressive. Looks a lot quicker than I thought he was.
15 possessions too, not 10: 6 K, 9 HB. Good for a third gamer playing forward.

Well that's good, because that would be crazy.

It's a little different, its not the perfect comparison but the player I think he will most resemble as he plays more games is Picko.

He's got a huge tank which he can use to pressure the opposition in the forward half and gut run free, isn't a afraid to lay a tackle, pretty good for his size overhead and can bag a goal. In time he'll probably work to a wing/ocassional mid rotation like Picko.

I don't think he's as skilled/talented as Dale or even Webb (if he could ever discover a way of finding the pill at AFL level) so I think his upside in terms of real star quality might be limited, but I think he's actually got fairly good odds being a quality player at AFL level going forward.

I really like Lipinski. It's crushing to generate opportunity after wasted opportunity inside 50 only to concede a goal at the other end, having a rotation who goes when it's his turn, can put pressure on and consistently converts chances is refreshing. Hasn't struggled to find the ball at senior level at all, either.

Definitely didn't attribute a lack of penetration in kicking to Crozier's game before this year, looking forward to him settling into the side and making better decisions with the ball. Had acres of space on Friday night and bombed it a few times. Really love his closing speed and timing behind the ball though, it's torn me to see us recruit a player with such forward intellect and play him in defense but it feels like the only way he becomes an essential player.

I don't get all this lipinski talk. In his first game he had 18 possessions and kicked 4 behinds iirc. He should have bagged at least 2 goals in his first game. Over 3 games, yes 3 games, he is averaging 15 possessions and a goal. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Kid knows how to get the ball, knows where the goals are and knows how to creat some space and separation. If webb had those averages, he'd be locked up on a 2/3 year contract right now and would not be yoyoing in and out of the team.

Im a big fan. Can see him being a very good player for us.

So Bevo:
5- Bont
4- Macrae
3- Cripps
2- Hunter
1- Fisher

Bolton:
5- Cripps
4- Bont
3- Macrae
2- Hunter
1- Fisher
Reckon Cripps was robbed

Clear BOG

I would've went

5 Cripps
4 Macrae
3 Bont
2 Fisher
1 McLean

I miss the Bigfooty medal board being taken away :(

Do you mean the Dale who rediscovered his commitment on Fri night, and the Crozier that put his body on the line several times first week back after injury? Bruise-free, eh? I must have been at a different Bulldogs/Blues match.

I was there. I am satisfied with my comment.

So Bevo:
5- Bont
4- Macrae
3- Cripps
2- Hunter
1- Fisher

Bolton:
5- Cripps
4- Bont
3- Macrae
2- Hunter
1- Fisher
It's unusual for the coaches' votes but I think there is no other scenario that works (other than to swap the coaches of course).

It's unusual for the coaches' votes but I think there is no other scenario that works (other than to swap the coaches of course).
It's just another opinion DW, personally if all the players set individual KPI'S and achieve them then the votes will
tend to follow. I lost a B&F by a vote one year and the coach told me if i was not so bad tempered and intense i
would have won by ten votes. I told him when I crossed the white line getting votes never crossed my mind
once with a few choice words that would attract an instant ban on here.

So Bevo:
5- Bont
4- Macrae
3- Cripps
2- Hunter
1- Fisher

Bolton:
5- Cripps
4- Bont
3- Macrae
2- Hunter
1- Fisher

They clearly know nothing. I'm pretty sure I heard Gary Lyon give the votes as follows
3 Bont
2 Cripps
1 Naughton !!! He really does seem to have a thing for him.

They clearly know nothing. I'm pretty sure I heard Gary Lyon give the votes as follows
3 Bont
2 Cripps
1 Naughton !!! He really does seem to have a thing for him.
I went
3- Cripps
2- Macrae
1- Fisher
Loved Zac Fisher's game, got some game for a little fella.
If Charlie Curnow kicked 5 goals 1 instead of 1 goal 5 he may have got votes and we may have lost.
Different opinions are good and show everyone watches the game differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back