Preview R6 - GC v Adelaide: Sat 7:40pm, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Sitting just 1 game out of top spot on the ladder, this week is probably our biggest challenge under Dew. Adelaide in Adelaide. Both teams sitting at 3-2 on the season.

Adelaide have an injury list that looks like it came straight out of the GC 2015-2017 seasons. No Crouch x2, Betts, Smith, Gibson, Keith, Cheney, and Sloane has been under a bit of a cloud the past few weeks too.

Hard to call the changes for this one. DMac you would think comes out while Rischitelli and Rosa will have their critics. The calls for a Barlow in the team are getting louder and louder while Wigg and AhChee could only be a few weeks away, and Hall with 9 tackles in the NEAFL hopefully went back and did what the coaches asked of him. Dew doesn’t seem to like change though especially after a win so who knows.

We are going to need to stop this bombing inside 50 real quick otherwise Doedee is going to break the intercept mark record (got him in SuperCoach though so...)

Changes? Predictions?
We have to beat them at some point, right?

Sitting just 1 game out of top spot on the ladder, this week is probably our biggest challenge under Dew. Adelaide in Adelaide. Both teams sitting at 3-2 on the season.

Adelaide have an injury list that looks like it came straight out of the GC 2015-2017 seasons. No Crouch x2, Betts, Smith, Gibson, Keith, Cheney, and Sloane has been under a bit of a cloud the past few weeks too.

Hard to call the changes for this one. DMac you would think comes out while Rischitelli and Rosa will have their critics. The calls for a Barlow in the team are getting louder and louder while Wigg and AhChee could only be a few weeks away, and Hall with 9 tackles in the NEAFL hopefully went back and did what the coaches asked of him. Dew doesn’t seem to like change though especially after a win so who knows.

We are going to need to stop this bombing inside 50 real quick otherwise Doedee is going to break the intercept mark record (got him in SuperCoach though so...)

Changes? Predictions?
Probably the weakest adelaide side we would have ever faced. If we bring the tackles and high pressure we could win. But they will need to follow that Collingwood tape to a tee.

Changes? Predictions?
Likely only change will be MacPherson (injured ) replaced by the outcast Barlow...????
Winning team so no other changes ...

Changes? Predictions?
I was chatting to some Adelaide fans on Saturday night, they were pretty confident they'd be getting Matt Crouch and Rory Sloane back this week.
Be going into this one in damage limitation mode. absolutely essential to get an additional tall defender into the team to deal with Lynch, Jenkins and Walker. (+ Gov, but I reckon he'll play back)... I'd be looking at spencer, though Leslie could be considered as well/instead.

Cant have another pounding ala West coast or its our percentage shot for the entire year... it's nearly at that point now. which is effectively a one win handicap.

You'd imagine that Mcpherson would be questionable. not finishing the game is usually a bad sign. who replaces him? I'd love to say Ah Chee but I think he needs 2/3 games in the twos first.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again
After wins can’t we just a night of pure elation before the next games thread is launched.
Haven’t even poured my Victory Whiskey yet.
Bods you must drive slow - had a couple of Bundys already. We can celebrate on another thread ...
Adelaide will take some stacking ..need to get straight into it.

Mrs Bods drove home. I had a Victory Schooner and Trip to the Loo at the Lord Stanley before we hit the road.
Good times.

Mrs Sunraysia drives fast - and I didn't say where those Bundy's were consumed...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rest up anyone with niggles this week and anyone that needs a bit more game time play them in the NEAFL.
Just turn up to the Adelaide game with a 22 with no pressure on them to have a crack.
This is not a “must win”.
Bring back Hall , hhehehehee just joking let him stuck at 100.

Maaaaaate! I thought you were better than that....;);)

A big W desrves at least a Jamesons or Tullamore Dew.......I might go the TD tonight....
Alas when in Rome... or should I say when close to Laos ;) ... was coerced into 8am whiskeys with the locals for Song Kran the other day. They seem to like a drink up in the North more than their southern counterparts.
Must say although not being much of a whiskey drinker, that Glenmorangie Spios? I was fortunate enough to have a taste test at BNE airport was very nice. Would want to be at $164 a bottle. :eek: Might get a bottle on the way back and kick back for the replay :)

There's no doubt about it that the Suns are a short side. The Lions tried to send in a bunch of tall defenders and midfielders and it nearly worked. Rosa's inclusion meant a little extra height, but Adelaide have got more damaging talls. I'm a fan of bringing 2MP straight back in and sending Day back. If not that, then promote Leslie and let Maysie run around a bit like he did tonight - loved seeing the big Kinga get a 15 metre penalty and send the pigskin through the geometric centre of the goalposts. May, Thompson and Leslie is a proven backline against tall attacks. Maybe Spencer is in better form though.

Ah Chee had a handy comeback game and could come straight back for Darcy - he's a dead-eye dick in front of goal and is the best small forward in the club. Ainsworth was concussed last week and came off injured again this week while being in ordinary form. Weller had the most marks in the team and everyone bagged him because he dropped an angel-raper that led to a goal - he should be pushed up the wing, but if Harbrow gets suspended for smashing Bastinac head high, Weller's defensive rebound might be necessary.

Rischitelli is the player I'd favour to drop in favour of bringing Barlow in, though not for his performance tonight. Rosa's missed games, Barlow's been rested, Hanley's out injured and Harbrow's probably getting a holiday, so why not give Rischa a week off and reassess team needs in Round 7? Keeping the old fellas nice for the run home to the finals is obviously part of the plan here. 3 changes, 1 for injury, 1 for suspension and 1 player rested.

Young and Holman have vindicated themselves in my eyes. Hard at it and playing team footy. Young needs to back himself and go for goal instead of forcing the pass, like he did with his botched kick to Lynch that Fiorini luckily got away with after Lynch threw it to him. Day is on borrowed time if he keeps drifting in and out of games - what he does do is enough to keep his place, but we need a gamebreaker. Averaging 80 points a game means we will lose more than we win, so finding an extra goal or 3 is essential to our sustained success.

Alas when in Rome... or should I say when close to Laos ;) ... was coerced into 8am whiskeys with the locals for Song Kran the other day. They seem to like a drink up in the North more than their southern counterparts.
Must say although not being much of a whiskey drinker, that Glenmorangie Spios? I was fortunate enough to have a taste test at BNE airport was very nice. Would want to be at $164 a bottle. :eek: Might get a bottle on the way back and kick back for the replay :)

Agree maaaaate! When in Rome and all that...at least your mob like Hong Thong and not Lao Khao...:):)
I've gone with a Tullamore "Stewie" Dew on ice myself......:p:p:p

Agree maaaaate! When in Rome and all that...at least your mob like Hong Thong and not Lao Khao...:):)
I've gone with a Tullamore "Stewie" Dew on ice myself......:p:p:p

Loving we are forming this little Whisky sub culture post win crew on the Suns Board.
I’m buzzing right now....just had my standard Teachers Scotch. Anyway the replay is into the final quarter now so gotta get back to it.

I'm no Whiskey know it all as far as the good stuff goes, but I have a few in my stable right now that I like and am looking to improve. My stock Whiskey is Benmore's Golden Stag,cause it's cheap here, but also have as mentioned before, Jameson's, Tullamore "Stewie" Dew, and a Jim Beam triple aged 6yr Black Bourbon Whiskey, that just might get sampled on our next win....hope it's soon ;)

I swear we will become known as the whiskey sippers by oppo soon if they read this thread

Love me a nice single malt, neat.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

It's really difficult to known who should come in for this game with what happened in the NEAFL. KK won't play, Brodie won't play, who knows what's happening with Ah Chee and Wigg's injuries. And Hall clearly wasn't put down for just one game. Ideally you would want Ah Chee replacing Macpherson and Wigg replacing Rischa but seems unlikely now. Then there's Barlow. No one in the midfield played particularly bad. If Barlow wasn't going to be picked last week i can't see it changing this week. Lonergan deserves more than 1 game. Maybe Spencer for Rischa. Would love Scrimshaw fit and firing right now.

I had several victory scotch's last night, making for an early night and solid sleep.
As for the Adelaide game, I'll be there, ready for the punishment we generally get there. Can't see it being a scotch night Saturday night. So beer from before the first bounce it is.
I hope Matt crouch and Rory Sloane don't get up for this, but Adelaide have so much depth it may not matter. I'll be cheering for a win, but the realist in me doesn't seem it.
Can't see Darcy getting up (which is a shame, he was heading to BOG before his injury yesterday) so if it's like for like ah Chee could step in, but I still hope we go with Barlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back