Review R6: Port v North Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrated but impressed by Richardson's responses to questions about the free kick discrepancy. Refuses to get distracted by it. Puts the onus on our players to do the right thing with their tackling. Terrific long term ploy to make us improve as a group and not look at short term excuses. Epitomises the difference between our coaches' philosophy and that of Brad Scott.

Frustrated but impressed by Richardson's responses to questions about the free kick discrepancy. Refuses to get distracted by it. Puts the onus on our players to do the right thing with their tackling. Terrific long term ploy to make us improve as a group and not look at short term excuses. Epitomises the difference between our coaches' philosophy and that of Brad Scott.
Likewise. I know we'd all get some short term gratification from hearing Richo, Kochie and co bitch about the umpires and demand official explanations from the AFL, but that's not going to change the result of the game and it's not going to win us our next premiership.

yeah bitchin is our job......3 days on still pissed off

this game was fixed. regarded as a nothing game down in hobart, no viewers, no attention.

probably not a betting thing, more likely part of the afl's push to try and make north melbourne happen in tasmania. nothing in writing so impossible to prove, but a bit of the old hey boys, we're really trying to get the tassie folk on board with north melbourne, if it gets close just do what you can.

8 years later, the last quarter is burned into my brain to this day. there was a moment where i just laughed and said they won't let us win. the umpires would literally not allow it. we'd have momentum surging forward and then the whistle would go out of nowhere for a nothing free kick.

38-15 is bad enough on paper, but it was the context of it which was important. you could argue some of the frees were there, but then north would do something twice as bad the other way and they'd ignore it.

i know i'm bumping an old thread here, but we shouldn't lose track of how corrupt this competition can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt there a moment when we were surging through the middle of the ground at the end and Kornes got pollaxed from behind and they called it HTB? I think I nearly destroyed the television at that moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back