Preview R6 Richmond vs Sydney - Sunday 12/7 3:35pm @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just didn't rate him much from what I saw of him in the senior side last year. I get that he's more like for like with Houli, but surely Baker/McIntosh step into that role and we give someone like Dow (I know he wasn't in the squad) or RCD a go. And Naish, jesus, when is he gonna get a crack?
He played 2 games and averaged 17p what were you expecting, 30 ? He’s a talent that prob should have got a go before macca , perhaps they were looking more of a role there

I wouldn’t have gone with egg because we are carrying one too many small backs imo.
back 6 of Short -Baker- Vlaustin- Grimes- Broad- Balta is about right.
Think RCD as extra mid in wet conditions would have given us s better balance
Do you realize how small the Sydney team is ? Let alone their forward line

I wouldn’t have gone with egg because we are carrying one too many small backs imo.
back 6 of Short -Baker- Vlaustin- Grimes- Broad- Balta is about right.
Think RCD as extra mid in wet conditions would have given us s better balance
Sydney have very little height in the forward line.

Egg 1 decent praccy and in hmm.

We lose Cotchin Prestia and Edwards in the midfield and bring in 1 genuine mid while Ross twiddling his thumbs. Hmm.
Egg's had positive comments in the scratch match reports most weeks.

Graham and Pickett are mids and Bolton will play midfield.

Egg's had positive comments in the scratch match reports most weeks.

Graham and Pickett are mids and Bolton will play midfield.

My point was we lost our two best inside ball winners besides Martin in Prestia and Cotchin and another top 5 guy in Edwards.

We brought in one player with some semblance of any inside ability in to replace that loss in Graham.

Pickett is not going to go into a centre bounce or ball up and come out on top in a contested situation. That's not him. Bolton is a bit part mid at this stage. They've still got JPK, Heeney and Parker who could get a hold of us on the inside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point was we lost our two best inside ball winners besides Martin in Prestia and Cotchin and another top 5 guy in Edwards.

We brought in one player with some semblance of any inside ability in to replace that loss in Graham.

Pickett is not going to go into a centre bounce or ball up and come out on top in a contested situation. That's not him. Bolton is a bit part mid at this stage. They've still got JPK, Heeney and Parker who could get a hold of us on the inside.
Midfield duties to be rotated
Lambo
Pickett
Graham
Caddy
Higgo
Bakes
Bolton
I don’t have a problem with that lot

Rather 2 young cubs come in for Pickett and Graham very lucky to be in.
I was thinking that but then thought this is the right call. With our outs it will give them a chance to take on more of a role. Graham especially could have the most midfield time he's had in a game.

Also Pickets not young but he's barely played AFL footy. He's still got lots to learn and worth playing

Didn’t pickett go into CBD GF day , he would have played plenty of midfield , albeit WAFL , I expect him to go alright

Honestly would not have picked Egg.

Sorry, I just remember him looking super average at the level when we played against GWS last year.
Personally would have given RCD his first crack.
He was very good in his first match and a little out of his depth against GWS but that was a long time ago now and he would have improved significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back