Preview R6 Richmond vs Sydney - Sunday 12/7 3:35pm @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see CCJ get a run at some time but agree not just now. Next week Soldo will be needed for Goldstein, so it wouldn't make sense to give CCJ a one game run ahead of Soldo.
If we have 2+ games in a row against non-established rucks where he could play first ruck ahead of Soldo without getting slaughtered, I'd give him a run.
Otherwise, if Lynch, Riewoldt or Chol are out, that's CCJ's chance. Another poster mentioned he will be in once Chol spuds up a game. I have to admit that's a big possibility.

The other selections could have gone any direction. Bolton was a must for me.
Then midfielders. Happy enough with Graham & Picket ahead of Ross, RCD, Dow. I would have considered Pickett or K-Mac playing HBF instead of Egg and brought in another midfielder.
Naish, Dow & CCJ to get a run later in the year when the team is more settled and there aren't as many other changes being forced.

If they select Dow in future ahead of RCD, would be a blow for Riley.
Would not be looking great for Riley and Markov.
Teams need to prune running costs by the end of year especially given the virus.

Teams need to prune running costs by the end of year especially given the virus.

So your saying to offload our 1st round pick from 2018? To cut costs?

There is literally no chance of RCD being delisted at the end of the year , different players develop at different rates..

In - Derek Eggmolesse-Smith,Ivan Soldo,Jack Graham,Marlion Pickett,Shai Bolton

Out - Bachar Houli (Managed),Dion Prestia (Injured),Shane Edwards (Managed),Toby Nankervis (Injured),Trent Cotchin (Injured)

Going small and contested + Big Ivan.

I like a lot.

And the big lunch is still playing! Tough bugger. Hope he doesn't get any extra injury from this.

Garth will be delisted at season end

cant get a look in with arse injured and rance retired

The Swans have about 3 or 4 players over 190cm, and it'll be pouring rain. If it was against a tall team in the dry I reckon he'd play.

But then what do I know?

Teams will be ruthless in cutting costs at the end of the year, which is indisputable.
I never said they would axe RCD this year ahead of Markov but everything is on the table these days.
Merely saying choosing Dow ahead of RCD would be bad in terms of long-term viability and prospects at our club.
In general, the trio of Naish, RCD and Markov are consistently omitted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might be a better kick than houli!! Although no pressure Applied in that game!

There are 21 players players who pull on the Richmond jumper each week who are better kicks that Houli lol Houli/Castagna easily the worst kicks at the club.
Mind the gap between easy in the eye and effectiveness.
I love Houli but believe it or not he’s actually in the teams for his hardness, desperation and overlap run. He’s been a s**t kick since probably his 2nd or 3rd year with us.

There are 21 players players who pull on the Richmond jumper each week who are better kicks that Houli lol Houli/Castagna easily the worst kicks at the club.
Mind the gap between easy in the eye and effectiveness.
I love Houli but believe it or not he’s actually in the teams for his hardness, desperation and overlap run. He’s been a sh*t kick since probably his 2nd or 3rd year with us.
Think you’re right.. McIntosh isn’t far behind let’s be honest

Wtf has egg done wrong for you flogs to right him off already??

he showed quite a bit in his what 2 games at a19?? Jeeze how come he’s not a Brownlow medalist already according you lot?

like for like replacement of houli and plays the Richmond defense structure extremely well according to the assistant coaches.

have faith!

rest of selections are expected... couldn’t play too many inexperienced kids with the outs we have in a must win game

go tigers

True that and well spoken

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would have kept Pickett until the next week.
NM has more of a running style game, I think he would be better suited for, given it's wet tomorrow.
But with Cotchin Prestia both out they need to add midfielders in the mix, running through the centre.
Try and rough up Parker, Heeney and Papley, their three stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back