Foll: Nankervis Edwards Graham
Int: Baker RCD CCJ Ross
Sub: Caddy
EMG: Aarts Naish Ryan

Balta on Naughton
Astbury on Bruce
Graham to run with Treloar
Castagna to tag Daniel

Bailey has quite a mouth and says they have a "ruthless" approach.
We will wait to see when the rubber hits the road.
Most dominant consistent team I can recall was Essendon of 2000, Dogs, Dees nowhere near.
That was the famous season when Plough put all the Dogs players in defence.
Dimma's first flag year.

The dees reminded me why they are such campaigners,
Back in the days of tingay and neitz they would act tuff when we were s**t, try and bully us and rub our noses in it
But I forgot about it...
Then after last game where they wanted to act tough when the game was over I remembered .. these campaigners are campaigners

Get one of the talls out of the backline, Balta forward as third tall/ second ruck/ defensive forward on main intercept oppo backman ... maybe he could have curbed Lever last week. With Baker as a half back that is seven backs.

D Rioli to a wing and MRJ to debut as a small forward. Shai Bolton and Edwards to play the Dusty and Lambert midfield/ forward rotation. And Pickett continues on-ball.

Teams ends up as below.

B: Broad Astbury Grimes
HB: Short Houli Mansell
C: D. Rioli Edwards Macintosh
HF: Bolton Castagna MRJ
F: Balta Lynch Riewoldt

FOLL: Nank, Pickett, Cotchin
INT: Baker, Ross, Graham, Aarts

OUT: Martin (injured), Lambert (injured)
IN: MRJ, Ross

EMERGENCY RCD, Chol, Caddy, Naish

Last edited:
The dees reminded me why they are such campaigners,
Back in the days of tingay and neitz they would act tuff when we were sh*t, try and bully us and rub our noses in it
But I forgot about it...
Then after last game where they wanted to act tough when the game was over I remembered .. these campaigners are campaigners

Dees won't beat the Dogs and they won't get past Port Adelaide either. Melbourne are much improved but its a long season and I don't think they have the mental toughness for a whole season.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny how every time we lose a game it's always sh*t like is it end of an era for Richmond in the media 🤣🤣 these guys are like full thirsty for it.

They just waiting for the 100th time they say it that they finally get it right and they'll be full celebrating going I told you so hahah

I always used to laugh at the Herald Sun when it put up a "Mike Sheahan gets it right again!" headline on their back page.

The guy used to throw out so much speculative BS about clubs and players that he kind of makes Tom Browne look sane, but with that output it's hardly surprising that sometimes his speculations connected with reality.

The HUN never mentioned all the times he got it wrong!!

Football media is a prime example of the old adage that even a broken clock is right two times a day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year we get smashed by injuries around this time of year, find a couple of talents from the twos, and pile it on with a running jump into the finals. Not over yet, so long as it stops raining.
The rain was a great leveller against the platters.
I always used to laugh at the Herald Sun when it put up a "Mike Sheahan gets it right again!" headline on their back page.

The guy used to throw out so much speculative BS about clubs and players that he kind of makes Tom Browne look sane, but with that output it's hardly surprising that sometimes his speculations connected with reality.

The HUN never mentioned all the times he got it wrong!!

Football media is a prime example of the old adage that even a broken clock is right two times a day.

They loved putting the boot in.

When this dynasty finally subsides,I expect them to go all in on our humble club.

I hope we turn up in droves Friday and stick it up everyone.

We are 7th on the ladder despite the loss to the Dees who are peaking and in top form in April.

We have the benefit of getting alot of stars back when the season means something more.

The one card these teams have that we never have is the free kicks,we just get swallowed whistles.

If we get more frees this week,I will frame it.

Lots of Richmond cover bands but without the humility.
Exactly. I think humility is a dying trait, particularly among certain sporting teams and/or sports people.

The godeees, along with Brisbane and Port Adelaide, display zero humility and have absolutely no class. If any of these sides lose a grand final it would almost be as enjoyable as us winning (another) one.

News report tonight said Grimes likely.
No team remains at the top for the entire 26 weeks.
Richmond was ninth at the bye in 2019, so critics can take a hike.
Outs: Martin Lambert only.
In: Cadz, Martyn tag Macrae.
Says enough that you don’t want Aarts dropped. Move along

I didnt watch that game but I've watched him in the past. He'd be lucky to average over 6 touches and 3 marks a game @ vfl level and very rarely in the bests. You can't just be a shut down prestigiacomo type these days. Plus he didn't play last week and only played what half a game this week? He ain't playing.

Being fast isn't enough
He was asked to play on the VFL's biggest and best forward when he arrived as an 18 year old. Any he and Balta did a great job considering their ages. Had some injury time the next year but still played okay. Playing as a forward for a half look a natural CHF to me, but next week back at full back. Last years Covid set back all the young players, but Lynch remarked how hard it was to get a kick on him during scratch matches.

When you are quick and his size you are half way there. The same was said about Grimes and Broad when they started, didn't look much other than quick. They both had one thing that set them apart, height and speed and good defensively in the air. Sounds a lot like Miller.

I've been advocating him playing CHF in the VFL, but happy to see him come in down back and release Balta to CHF.

Bailey has quite a mouth and says they have a "ruthless" approach.
We will wait to see when the rubber hits the road.
Most dominant consistent team I can recall was Essendon of 2000, Dogs, Dees nowhere near.
That was the famous season when Plough put all the Dogs players in defence.
Dimma's first flag year.
theyre gonna fizzle out and we will come over the top just in time for finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back