This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
As long as we field a team I’ll be happy.
I strongly believe that the football department have proved that they have a pretty good grasp of what’s required... not perfect, obviously.
I also believe that we have long and short term plans and as long as we don’t lose touch, three teams ahead of the rest at this early stage, we will be well placed to contend at the pointy end.
#standbythefourwalls

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
How about that loser mike Hibbard having an article because OOOOOH I STOPPED DUSTY , reeks of "guys I just had sex" vibes.

Big reason why dusty was "held" was because he was knocked out for half the game. Wouldn't be surprising if dusty turned it on second half and got us over the line. You did half the job you little pig
dusty has a foot injury and was concussed lol

shemans need to calm down

F1E7652E-AAE3-4B2E-9D3F-BADD2ADA749A.jpeg

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Dunkley out is still huge for them.
Coming into finals time opposition teams would target his shoulder, rest assured.
Anyway, enough of that.
He's out and it's academic now.
In Caddy, Martyn.
Martyn is a tough character and can target Macrae.
Bailey Smith said in the interview the other day that the Bulldogs are "ruthless".
We will wait and see.

Last edited:

Stealth69

Debutant
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Need to change tactics this week

In a nut shell

MFC swamped our forward area (our half backs run was negated due to the congestion) and they rebounded easily by running through the open space with fast nimble players (that is why Salem had open space and the guy is quick )
Our on ballers arent the fastest, plus we struggled when Martin/Lambert went down (49/75 interchanges tells a story)

Line up our quickest players on the wing, hf, f.

Basically get the ball and run it through quick...

Only chance we have this week

peterand

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm saying that knowing Dunkley is out.

We're missing Dusty and basically can't win without him if you believe the media.
Prestia still out and is our best and most important full-time midfielder.
Lambert who links up between almost every play, he's out.
And Cotchin is playing like an old man, can't keep up with the midfield.
It's Bont, Macrae, Treloar, Libba, Smith vs. Shai Bolton.
And I’m backing Shi a gun

peterand

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Need to change tactics this week

In a nut shell

MFC swamped our forward area (our half backs run was negated due to the congestion) and they rebounded easily by running through the open space with fast nimble players (that is why Salem had open space and the guy is quick )
Our on ballers arent the fastest, plus we struggled when Martin/Lambert went down (49/75 interchanges tells a story)

Line up our quickest players on the wing, hf, f.

Basically get the ball and run it through quick...

Only chance we have this week
Only chance if we get rid of Aarts

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
We're not kicking goals tho mate, not sure if Garth is gonna do it. Ccj could come in

You stick with Lynch and Riewoldt and change around the rest - maybe its Jnr that needs to come in to liven it up again. Maybe its a chance for Stack to expedite his return to meaningful footy. For the talls tho - its Jack & Lynch, or bust. Either Lynch comes good or we are most likely not good enough this year to contend. I cant see how a 3 tall forward line can work in the modern game unless ur 3rd tall is a much better, consistent version of Chol.

I feel like our inside 50;'s are not great and the structure of how our forwards leads is what is letting us down. In 2017 we were able to create be potent with only 1 tall because of the chaos ball. I feel like we are depending way too much on that coming from "the ball be brought to ground" from contested marking situations. Might sound (and be) a crazy idea but maybe we need to start mixing up our forward 50s to be a mixture of "Bombing it in" to Lynch, passing to leading marks. - and "chaos entries" consisting of unpredictable worm burners

If we want to add another tall, don't forget Balta. His form down back has not been great & against a short offence like the dogs this week, perhaps we can afford to swing him forward for long spells.

Last edited:

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Can’t believe anyone would want to see more of chol over ccj. Blokes a dud.

Don;t disagree - but a forward line of Lynch, CCJ & Jack would be about as likely to be successful as Richo, Edwards & Jurica was. Chol is the only "tall" you can add to the forward 6 that doesn't make you stationary

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Don;t disagree - but a forward line of Lynch, CCJ & Jack would be about as likely to be successful as Richo, Edwards & Jurica was. Chol is the only "tall" you can add to the forward 6 that doesn't make you stationary

chol would add nothing

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
CCJ is the obvious in against the Dogs. Can play Dusty's forward minutes, and Pickett/Balta's ruck minutes. Allows Pickett to play more as a mid and Balta to settle down back.

I think I'd like to see RCD in for Lambert. Would rather see him get a chance to show what he can do than persist with Ross.

I agree with that x 1000.

I find Ross underwhelming. I am not sure he has more than 1 position and even when in that role he fails to be much of a difference maker. It feels like time to give RCD and Naish a run. -we can't protect them anymore, their time to perform is now.

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
chol would add nothing

Don;t disagree - But a forward line of CCJ,t Tom & Jack is modern footy suicide.Has CCJ even kicked a substantial bag in the VFL this year to warrant even entertaining the idea of dropping either Lynch or Jack for him? That seems like a bare minimum from him to achieve before we start throwing his name about

has he kicked 5 in a game ? I honestly don't know

Tiger_4_Life

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
You stick with Lynch and Riewoldt and change around the rest - maybe its Jnr that needs to come in to liven it up again. Maybe its a chance for Stack to expedite his return to meaningful footy. For the talls tho - its Jack & Lynch, or bust. Either Lynch comes good or we are most likely not good enough this year to contend. I cant see how a 3 tall forward line can work in the modern game unless ur 3rd tall is a much better, consistent version of Chol.

I feel like our inside 50;'s are not great and the structure of how our forwards leads is what is letting us down. In 2017 we were able to create be potent with only 1 tall because of the chaos ball. I feel like we are depending way too much on that coming from "the ball be brought to ground" from contested marking situations. Might sound (and be) a crazy idea but maybe we need to start mixing up our forward 50s to be a mixture of "Bombing it in" to Lynch, passing to leading marks. - and "chaos entries" consisting of unpredictable worm burners

If we want to add another tall, don't forget Balta. His form down back has not been great & against a short offence like the dogs this week, perhaps we can afford to swing him forward for long spells.
Great post mate, agree with it all.

I think baltas Ho hum season is impacted by floss missing from the backline. He's so bloody important to our backline and his absense has been telling..

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Great post mate, agree with it all.

I think baltas Ho hum season is impacted by floss missing from the backline. He's so bloody important to our backline and his absense has been telling..

Agree - Vloss is a massive massive loss. I was stunned how we overcame his loss in the GF - i honestly thought we might be toast as soon as he went down.

Balta's "rise" as a defender relied a lot from the elite work of Vloss & Grimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back