Preview R7: Changes v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Menzel was nothing other than a short term replacement, he played fine in round 1 and was dropped after that. The only way he stayed in was to have played out of his skin because he wouldn't be moving upfield to replace either of Mackay or Milera when JJ returned.
Knight's position is similar. He too was selected as an injury replacement, and isn't playing today unless another player pulls out due to injury.

The only difference Menzel was dropped when JJ and Kelly returned, while Knight was injured at the time. The end result is the same.

Today's team is our best 22, minus McGovern and (maybe) Cheney. Knight is the next small in line, followed by Menzel. After that you can throw a blanket over 3 or 4 of them.

Yes we both don't know how much he was getting paid or why he was offered 4 years we are both speculating so neither of us can critisize or congratulate the club, but there seems to be s**t loads of critisizm for something we don't know
I go with the odds.

What we do know is we signed an average depth player to 4 years.

I go with the odds.

What we do know is we signed an average depth player to 4 years.

At what value no one knows, could have been well worth doing and it also may not have been, I can't congratulate them and you can't criticise them either although a hell of a lot numpties do

Although I was happy he was playing against the hawks or we could have been 5 and 1

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you stupid??????? How about VB selected ahead of Hartigan against the Roos tall forward line in round 1. Maybe start thinking a little more and responding a little less until you're thinking clearly again.
Hungover again? That was Pyke was it not? I was talking about people attacking Campos selection as head coach. Best wait till you're thinking clearly again

At what value no one knows, could have been well worth doing and it also may not have been, I can't congratulate them and you can't criticise them either although a hell of a lot numpties do

Although I was happy he was playing against the hawks or we could have been 5 and 1

But you can use your brain and the odds are he's not on a low contract. 4 years is not in dispute.

As for the Hawks game, we were in front when he scored his first goal. He contributed nothing to get us to that position.

If pyke didnt want him payout his contract and he would be gone or move him to another position it's not hard

I don't know Pyke's opinion on him at all, but he did seem very conscious of the fact that Campo had been with the players through a traumatic event and didn't want shaking things up too much for them. It doesn't sound like something he would have requested, even if he didn't want Campo as an assistant.

But you can use your brain and the odds are he's not on a low contract. 4 years is not in dispute.

As for the Hawks game, we were in front when he scored his first goal. He contributed nothing to get us to that position.

Pointless trying to calculate the odds as we can never find out what he is on, you can't bet on something you can't get an answer to

And Piss off just admit he saved our hide in that game I know it will hurt you to say it, but man up

Pointless trying to calculate the odds as we can never find out what he is on, you can't bet on something you can't get an answer to

And Piss off just admit he saved our hide in that game I know it will hurt you to say it, but man up

You are using assumptions to suggest he might be on a low contract, the assumptions are wrong though.

We won by 4 goals.
He kicked 3.
We were in front when he kicked his first.
He did nothing up until the last couple of minutes of the third qtr, perhaps if he had contributed prior to that we would have been more in front.

So how exactly did he save our hide when we were in front when he decided to turn up?

You are using assumptions to suggest he might be on a low contract, the assumptions are wrong though.

We won by 4 goals.
He kicked 3.
We were in front when he kicked his first.
He did nothing up until the last couple of minutes of the third qtr, perhaps if he had contributed prior to that we would have been more in front.

So how exactly did he save our hide when we were in front when he decided to turn up?

Yes I am using assumptions and I have no idea and you are using rumours and gossip so you have no idea, but we seem to hear a lot from posters who have absolutely no idea like myself or yourself

Your claim to fame is some ex player in a pub venting his anger on getting cut mmmmm mine is using logical assumptions mmmmm neither can be relied upon

As for hawthorn it won't kill you to admit he was sensational in that last if Milera had done that he would be next Macca

No late change yet? They would be mental not to bring Knight in if it's wet, the kid thrives in those conditions, JJ out for mine, isn't made for wet weather footy (no offence to him as he's a bloody good player)

No late change yet? They would be mental not to bring Knight in if it's wet, the kid thrives in those conditions, JJ out for mine, isn't made for wet weather footy (no offence to him as he's a bloody good player)
Teague suggested this morning there will be no late changes & the sun was shining

Yes I am using assumptions and I have no idea and you are using rumours and gossip so you have no idea, but we seem to hear a lot from posters who have absolutely no idea like myself or yourself

Your claim to fame is some ex player in a pub venting his anger on getting cut mmmmm mine is using logical assumptions mmmmm neither can be relied upon

As for hawthorn it won't kill you to admit he was sensational in that last if Milera had done that he would be next Macca

$400k for a senior player isn't a ridiculous assumption.

The assumption that he accepted a low contract but 4 years because he thought he was at risk is given he was a regular and played a postion where we needed his type.

I acknowledged he played great against GWS.
I acknowledge he played well against Essendon.
He was poor against Port.
He was okay against Gold Coast and Richmond.

Against Hawks he was s**t for 3/4s and had a very good last. I've never disputed that.

What I've disputed is he saved us or that its acceptable for a senior player to play s**t for 3/4s, have a very good qtr and then someone how accept he played a great game. He played a great qtr but was nowhere to be seen when we were behind and did nothing to help us hit the lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forecast update for Hobart: 5-15mm of rain to fall between now and 7pm. North-Westerly winds between 15-25km/h initially, getting stronger and turning westerly towards the end of the game. 18 degrees max.

Bring Knight in

$400k for a senior player isn't a ridiculous assumption.

The assumption that he accepted a low contract but 4 years because he thought he was at risk is given he was a regular and played a postion where we needed his type.

I acknowledged he played great against GWS.
I acknowledge he played well against Essendon.
He was poor against Port.
He was okay against Gold Coast and Richmond.

Against Hawks he was s**t for 3/4s and had a very good last. I've never disputed that.

What I've disputed is he saved us or that its acceptable for a senior player to play s**t for 3/4s, have a very good qtr and then someone how accept he played a great game. He played a great qtr but was nowhere to be seen when we were behind and did nothing to help us hit the lead.

It is an assumption that we have no idea about and neither do you unless you work for the ATO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back