Unofficial Preview R7: Changes v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Milera will be the better player soon enough no doubt. But I forsee them competing for different spots on the field in the future.
If they want to compete as outside mids, playing on the wing, then they're fighting against the likes of Atkins, Seedsman, Smith and (to a lesser extent) Mackay.

I dont necessarily disagree but lets not forget our defensive issues are not entirely related to the 6 blokes named as defenders.
Midfield and wingers have an important role to play to protect the back 6 ......having 60 forward 50 entries per game does not help your back 6

Hendo is not best 22, and Cameron is borderline now that we have Milera - by 2017 it won't be borderline either, as Milera will have well and truly overtaken him.
You do realise Betts is 29 ......and anyone suggesting Charlie won't be best 22 now and in the future, really needs to consider that position .....or watch the game

If they want to compete as outside mids, playing on the wing, then they're fighting against the likes of Atkins, Seedsman, Smith and (to a lesser extent) Mackay.
Gee you're underestimating Milera's future role .....yes short term wing, but longterm a pure mid replacing Douglas (example)

You do realise Betts is 29 ......and anyone suggesting Charlie won't be best 22 now and in the future, really needs to consider that position .....or watch the game
I think Cameron is arguably best 22 now (Milera makes it arguable). I think he'll be best 22 when Betts is gone. The question is over his status in the interval.

Betts is 29, but playing outstanding football. He has no injury concerns. No reason to expect that he won't play for another 2-3 years. Milera should go past Cameron by the end of this season. That leaves a gap...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cameron is arguably best 22 now (Milera makes it arguable). I think he'll be best 22 when Betts is gone. The question is over his status in the interval.

Betts is 29, but playing outstanding football. He has no injury concerns. No reason to expect that he won't play for another 2-3 years. Milera should go past Cameron by the end of this season. That leaves a gap...
No Argument that Milera is pure class, a natural ......but he'll end up playing similar roles to Macleod

Cameron IMO will be a wingman in the Jetta mould when at Sydney .....no he won't be at the same class level as Milera, but he'll be better than Douglas ......we're only still seeing the developing Cameron, not the finished product ....he's genuinely exciting

I agree, i can see Betts still playing at 33 yo ......we desperately need him to qualify 100 games for the Crows !!

Interesting when he came to the Crows, Betts said he would always identify himself with the Blues .....i think now if you ask him, Betts will see himself more as a Crow, such is his cult status ......and i can certainly see a role for Betts post playing in the welfare area for the club

I just had a quick look to get an idea of how much time we waste talking about changes compared to the other clubs.

A few minutes ago we were up to: 1532 posts in this thread, and 308 in the general preview thread. Not all of the club boards do a changes thread, so for those I looked at how many posts there were in their preview thread for round 7 (those are in italics below).

Adelaide: 1532
Collingwood: 885
Carlton: 608
Hawthorn: 600

Port Adelaide: 579
Richmond: 544
West Coast: 482
Fremantle: 450
Western Bulldogs: 440
St Kilda: 406
North Melbourne: 393
Geelong: 347
Sydney: 327

Melbourne: 301
Essendon: 263
Gold Coast: 154
GWS: 105

Brisbane: 99

We are crazy.

Haha why do you keep repeating the same fallacy that Milera is only competing with Cameron for a spot!

Milera will go past half the team next year it has nothing to do with if Cameron will be best 22 or not. You don't really think Milera will be best used in a forward pocket do you :drunk:

I just had a quick look to get an idea of how much time we waste talking about changes compared to the other clubs.

A few minutes ago we were up to: 1532 posts in this thread, and 308 in the general preview thread. Not all of the club boards do a changes thread, so for those I looked at how many posts there were in their preview thread for round 7 (those are in italics below).

Adelaide: 1532
Collingwood: 885
Carlton: 608
Hawthorn: 600

Port Adelaide: 579
Richmond: 544
West Coast: 482
Fremantle: 450
Western Bulldogs: 440
St Kilda: 406
North Melbourne: 393
Geelong: 347
Sydney: 327

Melbourne: 301
Essendon: 263
Gold Coast: 154
GWS: 105

Brisbane: 99

We are crazy.

Peter J was disappointed that we only had 38 pages when we went to air on Tuesday night. :D

Lyons deserves nothing, as do other players. You either take your spot or you dont. Hes been good in the games hes played but didnt make himself undroppable (is there a word that is actually a word here? Haha). If he had late twenty touches per game, clean disposal and imposed himself on the contest Brad wouldnt be playing tomorrow.

Not yet in dictionaries, but as it is used in modern parlance it no doubt will be in future.

WW

I am always critical of players like Stringer and Wingard who with there talents should be spending more time in the midfield
Think with the Bulldogs, who have plenty of midfielders .....their greatest need is up forward, hence why Stringer is there not in the midfield .....that would be the lure from another club

Wingard though .....obviously doesn't work hard enough on his tank, maybe doesn't want to ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back