Unofficial Preview R7: Changes v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably, and then you'd think with that interchange bench that their rovers named aren't probably the first picked...but its Cogniglio and Whitfield. #pick 1 and #pick 2.
LOL
Yeah it's a bit farcical if they are able to offload a key forward who is OOC at the end of the year like Patton (2 knee recos) because they may be surplus. Just keeps them in the top end of the draft. Someone will pay for them.

Yeah it's a bit farcical if they are able to offload a key forward who is OOC at the end of the year like Patton (2 knee recos) because they may be surplus. Just keeps them in the top end of the draft. Someone will pay for them.
Don't forget that young gun Cam McCarthy either.

If Crouch was still out do you think Lyons would have been dropped?
Don't think Lyons would have been dropped for Milera, because we'd be lacking in the clearance/stoppage area.
Lyons has done more than enough to be retained, it's just Crouch is probably our best mid that needs games in the 1sts.

I like Charlie as a footballer a lot and the attributes and energy he brings to the table but to say he is a quality kick on both sides is seriously stretching it!! I'd say it's probably one of the few areas of his game he still needs to do plenty of work on still.
he snaps on his left as well as anyone who isn't named Eddie

Nor a bad question, you must have someone helping you.

I reckon there is a very good chance Milera would have come in for him.

Fair enough, I doubt it very much though, but we'll only know if we cop an injury or someone catches a rest in a game or so. But I must ask, how close would you think CEY, Wigg, Grigg or Gore would have been to sending him to the 2's this week? I'd suggest a fair way away, which is why I cannot see how he's back on even terms with them.

Fair enough, I doubt it very much though, but we'll only know if we cop an injury or someone catches a rest in a game or so. But I must ask, how close would you think CEY, Wigg, Grigg or Gore would have been to sending him to the 2's this week? I'd suggest a fair way away, which is why I cannot see how he's back on even terms with them.
It might not be this week, but at some point this year these last few games Lyons has played will count for something.

How long can Betts play for?

Surely he's got another 5-6 seasons in him?

There's not to many footballers still playing past 33 (which is basically 3 seasons after this one). That said, I'd be very happy if we got another 5-6 seasons out of Eddie at anywhere near the level he's been at for the last 2 1/2 years.

I didn't think he'd be as good as he has been the last 2 1/2 years (almost all 3 seasons with the Crows have been better than any of his seasons at Carlton). I also didn't expect that we'd get 7-8 years out of him when we signed him as a free agent. It's like the gift from Carlton that just keeps on giving.

The whole Adelaide - Carlton player moves makes me wonder about which clubs have managed to get the better of other clubs at the trade table.

We have it over Carlton generally (Betts and Jacobs alone are great gets), yet we've given a lot to Richmond (overpaid for Tambling, Angus Graham was always going to be a dud, Kane Johnson).

The Swans seem to have had it over Hawthorn (JP Kennedy, Ben McGlynn, Buddy).

I wonder what other clubs have done well at the trade table at the expense of other clubs?

The whole Adelaide - Carlton player moves makes me wonder about which clubs have managed to get the better of other clubs at the trade table.

We have it over Carlton generally (Betts and Jacobs alone are great gets), yet we've given a lot to Richmond (overpaid for Tambling, Angus Graham was always going to be a dud, Kane Johnson).

I wonder what other clubs have done well at the trade table at the expense of other clubs?
Interesting discussion ......Kerridge and Wright were superfluous to our needs BUT in a rebuild were exactly what Carlton needed

In a rebuild, Menzel was not in the right environment, but will flourish in the Crows environment

Really a win win deal, which is what you want

We are still hopefully bending Freo over with the McLeod for Groom deal.

d8fe572fadcfae46d743c258793cfcd8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendo is not best 22, and Cameron is borderline now that we have Milera - by 2017 it won't be borderline either, as Milera will have well and truly overtaken him.

I've watched footy a long, long time and I reckon Milera will have overtaken more than just Cameron by 2017. I know what you mean by your statement but don't think Cameron will have to worry about competing with Milera for a spot next year, more fancied payers will though.

I've watched footy a long, long time and I reckon Milera will have overtaken more than just Cameron by 2017. I know what you mean by your statement but don't think Cameron will have to worry about competing with Milera for a spot next year, more fancied payers will though.

Milera will be a wing/midfield jet by then. Cameron and Milera won't be competing with each other for a spot. They'll both have a spot.

Milera will be a wing/midfield jet by then. Cameron and Milera won't be competing with each other for a spot. They'll both have a spot.

Wing Mid next year, mid the next after that. The way I see it, the way he shimmies past players now, wait til he does it in the guts and runs to 50 20 times a year. Kid has shown far, far more than Macca in his first few games ( given that Maccas goal against the Hawks did have me telling a bunch of non footy fans who were at my house at a party, that we had a dead set gun and would win a flag soon)

Wing Mid next year, mid the next after that. The way I see it, the way he shimmies past players now, wait til he does it in the guts and runs to 50 20 times a year. Kid has shown far, far more than Macca in his first few games ( given that Mackers goal against the Hawks did have me telling a bunch of non footy fans who were at my house at a party, that we had a dead set gun and would win a flag soon)
so what your saying is you were wrong :)

I like Charlie as a footballer a lot and the attributes and energy he brings to the table but to say he is a quality kick on both sides is seriously stretching it!! I'd say it's probably one of the few areas of his game he still needs to do plenty of work on still.
Having watched him at sanfl and training a lot he would be in the top 10 opposite foot kicks in the team, wouldn't be to far behind his right doing anything except kicking while running flat out. Kid has skills, just lacks the little bit of composure he needs at the moment

( given that Mackers goal against the Hawks did have me telling a bunch of non footy fans who were at my house at a party, that we had a dead set gun and would win a flag soon)
Yeah I think that kid in the 32 jumper will be a great player. Why Neesham didn't want him is our gain.I reckon we can win 2 flags with this kid

I just had a quick look to get an idea of how much time we waste talking about changes compared to the other clubs.

A few minutes ago we were up to: 1532 posts in this thread, and 308 in the general preview thread. Not all of the club boards do a changes thread, so for those I looked at how many posts there were in their preview thread for round 7 (those are in italics below).

Adelaide: 1532
Collingwood: 885
Carlton: 608
Hawthorn: 600

Port Adelaide: 579
Richmond: 544
West Coast: 482
Fremantle: 450
Western Bulldogs: 440
St Kilda: 406
North Melbourne: 393
Geelong: 347
Sydney: 327

Melbourne: 301
Essendon: 263
Gold Coast: 154
GWS: 105

Brisbane: 99

We are crazy.
Perhaps it's also a reflection of the number of supporters... & may be we have the most supporters... &/or the most talkative ones.

Yeah I think that kid in the 32 jumper will be a great player. Why Neesham didn't want him is our gain.I reckon we can win 2 flags with this kid
It's because McLeod was wearing ear rings.
Deadset, Neesham didn't like it & is one of the reasons he didn't want McLeod at freo. Haha

McLeod remembered it a little differently. “I just didn’t like the vibe of the meeting,” he told Sheahan in 2011, “it was in a tiny little room and it just didn’t feel right. Because of that I just thought it was a bit of a lack of respect. He [Neesham] didn’t like my earrings.” After Neesham had sized up the players’ dimensions and inquired how happy he’d be with an extensive routine of pre-season swimming sessions, McLeod was even more convinced that his future was in Adelaide. “I told the old man it wasn’t for me and ‘let’s go’”, he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/oct/22/the-joy-of-six-blockbuster-afl-trades

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back