Preview R7: Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't be surprised if you blokes beat us.. A netball team has more balls than the sods that wore our power ranger strip last night! Disaster weekend for both clubs

JKH and Howe have been poor for a few weeks (all season) now, surely close to a drop.
Playing Watts as sub gives them an easy way of dropping him, to get a full game into him (apart from his form of course)
Howe could be replaced by Grimes but who do we have that can play the small pressure forward role?

Wouldn't be surprised if you blokes beat us.. A netball team has more balls than the sods that wore our power ranger strip last night! Disaster weekend for both clubs
A netball team could probably beat us at the moment though and I dare say your team will respond a lot better than ours will.

On changes:
Out: JKH; Tyson (if injured); Howe
In: Jetta; Grimes; Michie (if Tyson is out)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins: Jetta (hopefully), ANB, Viney (hopefully).
Outs: Howe, Tyson (rest), Newton.

Regardless of the ins and outs I'd just like to see us, for once in the last decade, be the more aggressive side. It's always our guys getting bullied, never us doing the bullying. I'd love to see Watts ******* belt the s**t out of the first campaigner who tried to hang s**t on him out there. Would make my year. Will it happen? FFC.

I don't think Howe deserves to be dropped.

Don't forget, Roos is all about picking players who have worked their way into the side, rather than the negative, reactionary approach of dropping guys as punishment.

IN: Gawn, Michie, Jetta, (or Grimes if Jetta isn't fit)
OUT: Spencer, Newton, Pedersen.

Gawn gives us some hope of at least breaking even in the ruck (and maybe jagging a goal up forward).
Michie in for Newton as an inside mid (I think Newton's really battled the past couple of weeks).
Grimes or Jetta in for Pedo to give us more run and means we're not too top-heavy.
JKH on thin ice - he can start as sub.

I'm happy with not many changes.

I want Michie back and want Newton to stay in the side. Guys like that aren't going to learn much at VFL level, they're mature enough now to play seniors but are just begging for more experience. Keeps M. Jones etc out too.

I don't think Howe deserves to be dropped.

Don't forget, Roos is all about picking players who have worked their way into the side, rather than the negative, reactionary approach of dropping guys as punishment.
Like Viv (whose played less than 10 games) who was best for Casey for three consecutive weeks. Comes in and has a good impact in great win over Richmond. Then far from our worst in a shellacking by the flag favourites. At least used the ball well and didn't turn it over. Then dropped straight out again. Baffling selection when JKH watts Tyson and Newton (apart from rd 1) have been stinking it up week after week.

The way some are desperately searching for positives in the toumps mediocre game makes me think the two or three times he didn't stuff it up in the last quarter is all he has to do to satisfy some of his fans. Time to accept it. Even someone as limited as Reilly deserves a game ahead of jimmy.

Brayshaw and van den Berg have been encouraging this year and should be perservered with, but again some judge their efforts yesterday through rose coloured glasses. Neither had good games. And young billy's looked promising at casey.....I watch them most weeks. But come on, he showed he's not quite ready yet. Didn't touch it in the second half and had 2 effective disposals for the game. After Jordie as the sub last week I'm wondering about the selection panel.

Ins. Jetta, Viney
Outs. Pedersen, JKH

Give Spencer another shot. He got 10 possessions and 5FF, shows he's at least getting in the right positions. Bringing in Gawn won't solve anything.

Like Viv (whose played less than 10 games) who was best for Casey for three consecutive weeks. Comes in and has a good impact in great win over Richmond. Then far from our worst in a shellacking by the flag favourites. At least used the ball well and didn't turn it over. Then dropped straight out again. Baffling selection when JKH watts Tyson and Newton (apart from rd 1) have been stinking it up week after week.

The way some are desperately searching for positives in the toumps mediocre game makes me think the two or three times he didn't stuff it up in the last quarter is all he has to do to satisfy some of his fans. Time to accept it. Even someone as limited as Reilly deserves a game ahead of jimmy.

Brayshaw and van den Berg have been encouraging this year and should be perservered with, but again some judge their efforts yesterday through rose coloured glasses. Neither had good games. And young billy's looked promising at casey.....I watch them most weeks. But come on, he showed he's not quite ready yet. Didn't touch it in the second half and had 2 effective disposals for the game. After Jordie as the sub last week I'm wondering about the selection panel.

I found this weeks changes both interesting and curious. I suspect the Michie change was about needing more outside run, where we got hammered by Freo - hence the inclusion of Stretch and Toumpas.

I agree with your thoughts on Toumpas. He wasn't great last night. That said, he did crack in a few times which is what I really want to see from him - and I'm not against giving him a run of 3 or 4 games in the senior side, no matter how he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back