Prediction R7: Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Then the game's in worse shape than I thought. This is like saying there's more to cricket than just runs and wickets.

No it's like saying there's more to cricket than balls faced.

The ultimate goal is to score more than your opponent. If you can do that in 100 possessions/balls faced a game, while they take 300 possessions/balls faced it doesn't matter.

No it's like saying there's more to cricket than balls faced.

The ultimate goal is to score more than your opponent. If you can do that in 100 possessions/balls faced a game, while they take 300 possessions/balls faced it doesn't matter.

Unless its test cricket and you're an opening batsman seeing off the new ball

And Tom Sheridan is Watto. Kind of looks talented, but never ever delivered and persevered with for waaaay too long.

And I was being deliverately obtuse with my earlier statement. FWIW I'd prefer DPearce to Sherro.

And Tom Sheridan is Watto. Kind of looks talented, but never ever delivered and persevered with for waaaay too long.

And I was being deliverately obtuse with my earlier statement. FWIW I'd prefer DPearce to Sherro.
Poor analogy.

Watto is by a wide margin the most talented pure all-rounder Australia has produced in 60 years. He was just made of glass, too robotic and had mental demons between 50-65 and 89-99.

Jack Watts would be a better Watto comparison but still not good.

Poor analogy.

Watto is by a wide margin the most talented pure all-rounder Australia has produced in 60 years. He was just made of glass, too robotic and had mental demons between 50-65 and 89-99.

Jack Watts would be a better Watto comparison but still not good.

Idk man Watto at least achieved something. Watts has done * all other then be number one draft pick. Maybe Rhys Palmer? Fantastic start to his career but then fell into mediocracy due to injury and form. Not the brightest penny in the fountain either.

Idk man Watto at least achieved something. Watts has done **** all other then be number one draft pick. Maybe Rhys Palmer? Fantastic start to his career but then fell into mediocracy due to injury and form. Not the brightest penny in the fountain either.
At least Watts has comparable talent (sport for sport). Not physically easy to break but mentally. I can't think of a footballer so talented who for a brief moment (about 18 months for Watto) was genius and underwhelming the rest of the time.

If Watto's body had held up and somehow avoided that awful front pad vulnerability he added later in his career he could have headed in to Sobers/Miller/Kallis/Botham territory. Such a waste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Watts has comparable talent (sport for sport). Not physically easy to break but mentally. I can't think of a footballer so talented who for a brief moment (about 18 months for Watto) was genius and underwhelming the rest of the time.

If Watto's body had held up and somehow avoided that awful front pad vulnerability he added later in his career he could have headed in to Sobers/Miller/Kallis/Botham territory. Such a waste.

I can't think of a time when Watts had a comparable run with form as Watto did. I mean there was that time two years ago he was a pretty good second tall forward but I mean not really the same as winning back to back AB medals.

I can't think of a time when Watts had a comparable run with form as Watto did. I mean there was that time two years ago he was a pretty good second tall forward but I mean not really the same as winning back to back AB medals.
Yeah that's fair enough. Watto was amazing in all forms for a brief period there with bat and ball.

Watts was merely good for a while.

Fair enough. Sherro is Callum Ferguson. Ok at the lower levels, but a waste of time in the bigs.

I liked Watson. Unfairly maligned.

I liked him too, didn't live up to his talent but good numbers for an all rounder all the same. Was played too far up the order at the back end of his career. Probably would have copped it less if he was coming in at 5 or 6.

Much as I love cricket back on topic.
I think Sandi needs to be dropped/rested this week. He was our worst player by a long way on Sunday. His skills were terrible and he invariably took a poor option when disposing of the ball.
Worse still we kept trying to direct the ball through him which seemed always to attract a swarm of WC players, ready to sweep up the inevitable spill from Sandi’s hands of iron.
If he does play we could perhaps use him as a decoy until Richmond wake up to that tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back