Preview R7 - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t suppose anyone has the statistics on how many games we have won with Razor Ray officiating.
It wouln’t be too many.
Are you saying He, Like the AFL, have an agenda?

Sam McLure: “Wait a minute Duck?”

Bloody hell
Have a look at that forehead.
It’s been stretched in photoshop or something, surely?

i know neade and to a much MUCH lesser extent Johnson can be whipping boys but i like the balance more up forward now.
One genuine tall forward (dixon) one athletic tall (Watts) One Floating tall (Westhoff) one marking small in gray and a couple geunine small pressure forwards in Johnson and neade. they arent just mids resting forward like boak etc

i know neade and to a much MUCH lesser extent Johnson can be whipping boys but i like the balance more up forward now.

If Neade keeps performing like he has been this year he won’t be a whipping boy much longer. He has to keep it up though. His inability to do that in the past is what led to his whipping boy status in the first place.

One genuine tall forward (dixon) one athletic tall (Watts) One Floating tall (Westhoff) one marking small in gray and a couple geunine small pressure forwards in Johnson and neade. they arent just mids resting forward like boak etc
I think with the way the modern game is played, players who can cause a bit of chaos come in handy.

I’m expecting one of them to drop out when the likes of Marshall, rocky and spp return. But we definitely shouldn’t be dropping both

I think with the way the modern game is played, players who can cause a bit of chaos come in handy.

I’m expecting one of them to drop out when the likes of Marshall, rocky and spp return. But we definitely shouldn’t be dropping both

They definitely add something. The aerial threat of Dixon/Watts/Marshall, the ground threat of Neade/Johnson and the, er, unpredictability of Westhoff combined would be very hard to defend against. It’s a good balance of attacking options.

Then you have those Gray brothers who can be pretty handy.

West Coast are going to defend in a bit of a web like Geelong did.

If we're brave and move the ball quickly, we can break that down. If McGovern takes a couple of intercept marks and we go into our shell we'll get beaten.

If we don't move the ball quickly, our small forwards will have zero impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting press conference with hinkley. ryder not 100% going to play.. and wingards hamstring not that bad :/

Lol Chad

makes you think also on how wingard is really going. after everything that happened last week and now not saying hes to bad etc
Watching last week's game - just before the hammy episode Wingard ran onto a loose ball in the goal square - he gathered it and then missed his shot on goal. He'd kick that goal 99 times out of 100. My wife (a physio) commented at the time that she thought he was running like a bloke who has a sore back. Next minute - his hammy pops...

Watching last week's game - just before the hammy episode Wingard ran onto a loose ball in the goal square - he gathered it and then missed his shot on goal. He'd kick that goal 99 times out of 100. My wife (a physio) commented at the time that she thought he was running like a bloke who has a sore back. Next minute - his hammy pops...
It didn't though.

It will be interesting to see what difference the new ground makes, if any. It shouldn't. These are our results so far at the 3 ovals where we have played the WA teams in the Hinkley era.

At AO
v WCE 0-4 losses by 10, 8, 10 and 2 pts in extra time
v Freo 4-0 inc v Peel Thunder in 2015 wins 18, 69, 89, 50
In 2013 Port beat WCE at Footy Park by 5 pts after being 41 pts down but didnt play Freo at Footy park

At Subi under Ken
v WCE 2-0 won by 14 and 32
v Freo 1-4 lost by 74, 8, won SF by 22, lost by 7 and 17

Ground Dimensions - boundary to boundary
AO 167 x 124
PS 165 x 130
Su 175 x 122

So I don't thing the dimensions of the ground are an issue. Its stupid decision making re inside 50 entries ie bombing the ball to McGovern's area, and s**t conversion for goal when we dominated in the WCE games that are the real issue.

AO
2015 10.8 v 11.12 Inside 50's 47 v 54 Mark's Inside 50's 12 v 13 McGovern Marks 6 Cont Mark 3 1%er 9
2016 13.8 v 14.10 Inside 50's 55 v 61 Mark's Inside 50's 13 v 10 McGovern Marks 5 Cont Mark 2 1%er 8
2017 12.15 v 15.7 Inside 50's 68 v 39 Mark's Inside 50's 12 v 7 McGovern Marks 3 Cont Mark 0 1%er 8
2017 10.16 v 12.6 Inside 50's 63 v 46 Mark's Inside 50's 11 v 8 McGovern Marks 15 Cont Mark 5 1%er 12

Subi
2014 10.10 v 7.14 Inside 50's 63 v 41 Mark's Inside 50's 8 v 3 no McGovern
2017 18.12 v 13.10 Inside 50's 60 v 42 Mark's Inside 50's 21 v 13 McGovern Marks 6 Cont Mark 2 1%er 6

Hinkley went over last week to check the ground so wonder why he’s unsure now. Makes tipping difficult
He went to watch how WCE played. I dont think he went for training session and ran down the middle and the flanks for 30 minutes and got the penetrometer out to measure how hard the surface was.

I reckon Chad has tightness and not a strain per se. A solid couple of weeks of stretching and he'll be gold for the Showdown.

Look, the point I'm trying to make is that I'd like a proper reply. Not dumb s**t, not petty insults, but a proper discussion on why some Port supporters feel the need to underrate West Coast. My intent in the first place wasn't malicious, yet it's being treated so.

That's why I responded with the Ryder comment; you've responded with shittalking, so I've obliged.

And yet Port fans have the audacity to accuse WC supporters of self righteousness while dismissing my post.
If you want people to post serious replies post something worth replying seriously to.

Maybe just maybe the problem is that your original post isn't as insightful and thought provoking as you thought it was.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back