Prediction R8: Changes vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like Ross wants to add some pace. When and who, I have no idea. Giro is the only one I can think of, off hand. Other than Hill and Bennell, who are mature players

Tough to do team changes this week.

In. Strandica nhyuis Sheridan Johnson
Out : Hughes, cox, Duman, crowden

Duman has been ok, but needs to work on his one on one defence. Crowden just for a rest.

I'd rest Sandi for two weeks, no point taking him to the SCG. Is Meek fit? Play him and Apeness and give them two weeks together. Banfield and Hughes out.

Out: Sandi, Bailey, Ethan
In: Apeness, Walters (hopefully), Meek (hopefully)

We’re playing the Saints. This is a game to run some guys into some form. Yes that’s disrespecting Saints but they’re horrid.

If the 22 today can’t get it done then we’re beyond bad.

In order of who could go out:

Crowden - had a fair run at it. Workmanlike but just gets caught often. Go back to WAFL and work on some stuff.

Hughes - was deplorable. Probably deserves another chance but there was nothing that gave me a glimpse of hope.

Hill - rested. Definitely off it. Jogged about disinterested or fatigued. Either way if he ain’t right have a spell.

Who could come in?
God knows. Probably Johnson. Hopefully Walters. Maybe Kersten. Possibly Shero. In hindsight Shero didn’t do too much wrong to get dropped.

Pearce would also be a cheeky chance as part of Lyons work your way in work your way out mantra.

Would love something left fields likes Nads or Giro but suspect that won’t happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also wouldn’t mind Bennel for 50 mins. That’s about .003% chance of happening but what’s the harm?

Don't drop Crowden, Cox, Duman for Sheridan, DP, Johnson etc. Losses like this will come with a young side but they mean nothing if at the first sign of adversity you bring back in the old tried hacks. Likewise Hughes was bad and imo won't ever get better but he gets 3-4 games in the team.

Out: Ballas
In: Nads

Gives us a conventional forward line set up (2 talls + hybrid) and Nads can offer a decent chop-out for Sandi in the ruck. When Darcy comes back you'll assume this'll be how we end up playing so might as well have a look at what it comes out like.

Also wouldn't be against Kersten coming in as a back to have a shot at the Sicily role. Actually think he might not be bad there.

I really want to win next week so if that means we bring some more experienced bodies (Johnson, Pearce, Sheridan, Sutcliffe) to help run out the game I don’t mind.

EDIT: Actually no Sutcliffe for 2 weeks at Peel and not injury listed? Anyone have a clue?

Bomber Thompson’s Western delegate?

I really want to win next week so if that means we bring some more experienced bodies (Johnson, Pearce, Sheridan, Sutcliffe) to help run out the game I don’t mind.

EDIT: Actually no Sutcliffe for 2 weeks at Peel and not injury listed? Anyone have a clue?

Battling delayed concussion I believe.

In: Someone who can support Sandi in the ruck.
Putting Fyfe in the ruck is like putting Winx over the jumps at Warrnabool, an injury waiting to happen.
To be fair, he only really went up against whoever chopped out for Nank and he gave them a bath too. Some of his taps were, dare I say it, NicNat like. Agree he shouldn't be in their against an actual ruckman though.

I'd rather lose playing the kids than win playing old guys. What's the point? 4 meaningless points against the opportunity for the young guys to learn. Absolutely no guarantee DP plays better than Duman or Crowden anyway.
I'd rest Sandi for two weeks, no point taking him to the SCG. Is Meek fit? Play him and Apeness and give them two weeks together. Banfield and Hughes out.

Out: Sandi, Bailey, Ethan
In: Apeness, Walters (hopefully), Meek (hopefully)
Bailey was good today (apart from the hopsital handpass and maybe a long bomb or 2). He needs to stay in if fit as all the young guys do. This is the only way to get AFL experience.

I'd rather lose playing the kids than win playing old guys. What's the point? 4 meaningless points against the opportunity for the young guys to learn. Absolutely no guarantee DP plays better than Duman or Crowden anyway.

Next week's 4 points aren't meaningless at all. If we beat the Saints we are 4-4 (and 4-1 at Burswood). The season is very much alive, especially since we have another 8 games (after Saints) in WA. If we can go 10-3 at Burswood we only need to snag a couple on the road to have a sneaky chance of playing finals.

Nothing would help the young guys learn more than an elimination final.

I totally agree that the playing some of the usual suspects just because of their experience is no guarantee of better performance. None of the older guys are banging down the door at Peel. And part of the learning process is learning how to bounce back after a bad game.

I would prefer no unforced changes and expect us to have a win.

Remember when Blakely, Weller, Langdon, Mzungu and DeBoer would get multiple games of 25 plus touches and couldn't get a look in.

Now we're like...Meek... he's tall. Sandi needs a chop out... bring him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back