Preview R8 - Freo vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The history between these two teams is irrelevant. Both are very different teams from last few times they met. If Freo are a finals team, then they HAVE to take advantage of these kinds of games at home against injury-plagued teams, like the Tigers. For once, we have one of the shortest injury lists in the comp. Let's put our foot on the gas and get the job done. Alex will blanket Lynch and our forwards will run the Tigs defense ragged. Keep your eyes low boys, lead the forwards to the open space inside 50 and we'll be fine.

Freo by 22.

McCarthy gone from looking like a million bucks to getting dropped a few games later.

Not sure if this is a snipe or keep McCarthy post? A loss will always allow a change, and McCarthy had a best on ground, then probably at the mid-lower range, and against Adelaide he was not involved. How do you get him angry? I want angry mac smashing packs.

The word is Bewley has been dropped as emergency for disciplinary reasons - he left training early and was caught on the water slide :D. I knew having that damn thing so close would cause problems.

Blakely probably had to get through training and pull up ok to be considered. And the match committee are obviously Big Footy followers and saw the error of their ways.

Freo by 21 points.

McCarthy gone from looking like a million bucks to getting dropped a few games later.
Yeah, it's a bit harsh, especially when he wasn't the only one who's had a couple of poor games. Some players just need to look at Ross the wrong way and they get the arse. Others seem to be constantly doing mind-numbingly stupid things and keep getting picked.

I think our club doesn't know what forward line it wants to play yet. Still experimenting.

I just hope we see Taberner and Cox leading to one part of the ground while Hogan and Switta lead directly at the licker. Provides a couple of great options for our midfielders.

I think our club doesn't know what forward line it wants to play yet. Still experimenting.

Agreed, but i'm glad RTB has the balls to drop an out of form McCarthy. Look what Clarkson just did to Roughy, their former captain. If you don't perform, then out you should go. This is how you keep players hungry and fighting for spots. Ross hasn't done this in years, but now Freo now finally has some depth at the key positions. Good on ya, Ross. Let Dardy fight it out at peel and then bring him back next week if necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's a bit harsh, especially when he wasn't the only one who's had a couple of poor games. Some players just need to look at Ross the wrong way and they get the arse. Others seem to be constantly doing mind-numbingly stupid things and keep getting picked.

C'mon, Lyon kept playing McCarthy the past two seasons when he's been rubbish in the majority of games. It's not like he hasn't been given a fair chance.

I think the club see an opportunity to outmark the tigers in our front half, with their injuries.

Whereas Cam is more the work up and down into space type.

We need to be kicking to whoever isn’t on Astbury or Grimes to get that advantage, the decision making it the guy kicking it in will be significant.

Saying that even kicking to a pack we should have an advantage if the forwards work together instead of competing against each other.

At worst we should not be outmarked and the smalls will be in the game.

If we get out marked kicking forward the tigers will be able to run off a bit.

Agreed, but i'm glad RTB has the balls to drop an out of form McCarthy. Look what Clarkson just did to Roughy, their former captain. If you don't perform, then out you should go. This is how you keep players hungry and fighting for spots. Ross hasn't done this in years, but now Freo now finally has some depth at the key positions. Good on ya, Ross. Let Dardy fight it out at peel and then bring him back next week if necessary.
Fake news. He did it with Taberner and is currently doing it with Darcy. Cox is only just coming back. Blakely not yet.

Cox can play forward and back. Is a good option to bring in.
Considering Hamling looked sore last week and Blakely's been added to the emergency list. It wouldnt be a total surprise if the late out was Hamling for Blakely. The Tigers have Balta as their second tall forward. Either Hughes or Nyhuis could play on him with Cox going back also an option. Mundy could then spend a bit of time forward as the third tall with Connor playing low minutes on ground (say 64%ish) mid and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back