Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
J Selwood emergency.

Wat.
They did that with Parfitt last week before Selwood pulled out. Scott said Selwood was right to go. They're playing funny buggers again.

Alright let's just be clear about what you've written and leave out any possible suggestion of personal insults. Guthrie last week had the highest tackles, highest pressure points, 2nd highest clearances and equal most goal assists on our team. Yet he was the one you singled out for "his dreadfully lazy efforts" and you said that he should be dropped.

Is that judgement fair and reasonable? Not in my opinion but I guess that's for each person to decide for themselves. I could be wrong.
Read the posts properly and you'll see that I have also acknowledged his improvement since being back
However, the lack of effort moments are still incredibly frustrating and there are players that don't have those moments in the twos
How much do you think we have improved this year with young kids and Rohan and Dahlhaus?
Does this happen by accident?
Does constant effort bring belief to your teammates?
Is half walking up the wing after Devon Smith who is bouncing the ball reasonable? Would it inspire teammates more if you chase hard?
These are the questions you need to ask before you query my rationality and fairness!!!

I hope Fort is no where near the Geelong senior team

Fort Worth hey - come Sunday night i reckon it will be Fort Worthless
The way he completely shat his pants in jlt is a real concern. I’d much prefer abbott cause i though he played quite well in the 3 games he has played. At least we know he can get the job done on the big stage.

So was there ever an explanation given as to why Parsons and Fort didn't play at any level last week. Surely it wasn't rested as the VFL had the bye the week before.

So was there ever an explanation given as to why Parsons and Fort didn't play at any level last week. Surely it wasn't rested as the VFL had the bye the week before.

They've been resting one of the ruckmen (Smith, Abbott, Fort) the last few weeks because the VFL team is a complete mess with all three.

Parsons would have just been the carry over in case anyone got hurt in the warm up.

Have you even seen him play?

The JLT - i thought he was absolutely shocking - and i had high hopes for him - because he had played senior football in the SANFL and was in his mid 20s

As a previous poster said - what has Abbott done wrong when he has played in the seniors - and from memory kicked a couple of nice goals - looked like a reliable kick for goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way he completely shat his pants in jlt is a real concern. I’d much prefer abbott cause i though he played quite well in the 3 games he has played. At least we know he can get the job done on the big stage.

Yeah not a huge Abbott fan but will begrudgingly admit he was serviceable when he played, at least for one or two of them. You could forgive a first year player if they were that bad in the JLT but geez for a mature age player that the club pumped up as training the house down over the off season.....ewww.

I hope Fort is no where near the Geelong senior team

Fort Worth hey - come Sunday night i reckon it will be Fort Worthless
And if he plays on Thompson I reckon he can call himself fortuitous or even fortunate.

Didn't you say the other day you hadn't seen a VFL game yet?

He kicked three against Weribee the other week but two of them were on an absolute platter from Narkle and the other one he fell over and the ball landed in his lap to mark and goal.
What’s how much I’ve watched someone got to do with someone else being critical? GOB has always struck me as someone who shoots from the hip indiscriminately about players.

I’m not saying Fort should be in the side or out of it, I have only seen him in the JLT, but I do question someone making such a bold statement on a guy who’s been on the list less than 6 months. If Sav is out it’s him or Abbott coming in.

The JLT - i thought he was absolutely shocking - and i had high hopes for him - because he had played senior football in the SANFL and was in his mid 20s

As a previous poster said - what has Abbott done wrong when he has played in the seniors - and from memory kicked a couple of nice goals - looked like a reliable kick for goal
Fair enough. Abbott was putrid in his last AFL game, but many were that night.

I truly don’t care who we pick if Sav’s out.
It shouldn’t make a pinch of difference to the result

I don't think so, because if then they would keep Selwood in and put either of Ablett or PFD on the emergencies list.
Nah. Selwood will play. It’s just who is going to miss out of the two others.

Nah. Selwood will play. It’s just who is going to miss out of the two others.
There is literally no reason to do it that way whatsoever. If Selwood is the one player guaranteed to play, then it makes sense to have him in the actual team. Otherwise, you set yourself up for issues if you have too many other withdrawals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back