Preview R8: Nth Melb vs Geelong Sun 12 May 1.10pm at Docklands

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
read every Nth v Geelong preview thread. vdubs just copies and pastes from those. He has an unhealthy obsession with Nth
You have issues. And we haven't played the Saints yet.
If I have concerns I'll post it.
Said the same about GWS, Hawks, Ess, and will no doubt be worried about the resurgent Doggies.

Brown, Ziebell, Zurhaar, Garner, Wood are all capable of troubling the scoreboard. Were good last week anyway.
It's not all about individual talent as you know, it's those inexplicable intangibles.
AGAINST CARLTON.

AGAINST CARLTON.
Whatever.
If our team does not treat NM as if they are worthy opposition, we'll be done by 6-7 goals.
All or none. We are not good enough to just know that we win every week (07, 08)

You have issues. And we haven't played the Saints yet.
If I have concerns I'll post it.
Said the same about GWS, Hawks, Ess, and will no doubt be worried about the resurgent Doggies.
Every year you spend the entire preview thread talking up Nth. This year is no different.

You're the one with the issues.

At least two of GAJ, Selwood and Danger need to play.

I don't entirely disagree.

However, we basically played with just one of the trio last week and got the job done comfortably.

So if Gaz is the only one who is right to go, I'd be satisfied with that.

Tuohy back in already makes us a better team than last week's line-up for a start.

No, they’re not a good team because they aren’t playing consistent footy. But on their day, they can cause headaches. That’s all I’m saying. If Selwood is still out and Danger is a late withdrawal then you never know...

Agree with this. North aren't absolutely terrible. No one really is this year. They are very ordinary though and we definitely should be winning easily. Give them more a of a sniff than we should and the initiative and it could be a frustrating day though. Probably still win in that case but not by as much, like Hawks game (another extremely ordinary but not absolutely terrible side).

No, they’re not a good team because they aren’t playing consistent footy. But on their day, they can cause headaches. That’s all I’m saying. If Selwood is still out and Danger is a late withdrawal then you never know...
I’d say they are not a good team because of a poor and unbalanced list, uninspiring tactics and questionable coaching. But to each their own.

Every year you spend the entire preview thread talking up Nth. This year is no different.

You're the one with the issues.
Maybe.
I spend more wasted posts on refuting those who talk them down. I've hardly talked about their strengths. I am only concerned about OUR attitude tomorrow. Good thing is the supporters attitudes have no impact on the team.

I don't entirely disagree.

However, we basically played with just one of the trio last week and got the job done comfortably.

So if Gaz is the only one who is right to go, I'd be satisfied with that.

Tuohy back in already makes us a better team than last week's line-up for a start.
Not sure I agree there- Tuohy has done NOTHING this year.I suppose you're suggesting he offers more than Zuthrie, but on current offerings I'd debate that. May be a good game for Tuohy to find his way back again.

Not sure I agree there- Tuohy has done NOTHING this year.I suppose you're suggesting he offers more than Zuthrie, but on current offerings I'd debate that. May be a good game for Tuohy to find his way back again.
You say you don’t take the piss when talking about Geelong, then proceed to state Tuohy isn’t making us better. Okay then :think:

And Blic, Stanley, Kolo, Parsons, Smith...there are many maligned players I take more than a passing "interest" in.
You have your own obsession with him- error counting.
I haven't said negatives about the others really. I'd like to see Smith back in the team at some point. Don't think it will happen unless injury strikes though.
My criticisms are only pointed when I think they are required. I love the team too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. I thought Tuohy looked fine in his first game back in the ones a couple of weeks back.

And certainly his extensive experience at the top level would indicate he's likely to bring more than Zuth at this stage, more often than not.

Anyway, let's see what he brings tomorrow.

Therein lies the crux of the matter. You go in with the mindset of looking for errors. You even admit it. And being fallible and human, he doesn't disappoint you, albeit ONE error or misjudgement amidst an otherwise VERY GOOD game.
How many times have I spoken of his qualities. Those comments seem to be overlooked. He makes so many errors that you cannot miss them. I don't usually look for errors in our players, but he takes the cake for me

Maybe.
I spend more wasted posts on refuting those who talk them down. I've hardly talked about their strengths. I am only concerned about OUR attitude tomorrow. Good thing is the supporters attitudes have no impact on the team.
Mate, Nth aren't that good. There's a reason they're languishing near the bottom of the table. You talking them up as a chance won't change that. If we play exactly the same way as we have been - and I'm talking pressure - we'll give them a bath.

I have attempted to engage with you over Guthrie, to which you have failed to provide a shred of fact to support your contention that he should be dropped, and have continued to resort to name-calling, innuendo, digression and diversion. None of the other Guthrie-haters have made any criticisms since his return three weeks ago, not even Patrick Bateman. On this issue it is you alone, unwilling to accept any others opinion.

These comments are made on just the last two pages, whoops now I'm guilty of tag-teaming again!!!!
A player with 144 games who returning from injury has played 3 good games and finished among the best last week, and has not been dropped, yet you continue to call for him to be dropped!
I know it hurts you. It isn't intended but you seem to have personalised it. Your choice! Don't take my opinion to heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back