Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the couch smashed us and they were 100% correct the new rules and players were so poor in trying too tackle.
We gave up.... Phoned it in.

I don't like it but I don't blame the players.... I'm just a bloke in the stand and I get tired of being hunted every week. Would be ****ed as a player and yes they get paid enough to suck it up but they're just human.

I think the Cats will win it this year, which makes me sick to say. Their game plan and forward potency is pretty rock solid.

We got by last year without Nank, Edwards, Prestia, Houli for a good chunk of the season, as well as Cotchin missing a lot of games.

We'll be okay :)

Something went seriously wrong last Friday and I'm thinking aberration.

14 scoring shots to half time and 4 for the rest of the game. No way Geelong is that good, we just stopped dead.
we got 2 fukin coaches in the box

dusty, grimes, astbury, jackg, jackg, vloss, lambert, sheds, meatball
i find some of your posts annoying and doubt your tiger loyalties

I don't even remember reading your post - so I guess i can be content in knowing my comments are at least memorable to you.

Only Jack G is young enough to be considered " the next era" of leadership & to be completely honest, I find his leadership qualities a bit overrated, much like many here's opinion on Ross. Just because you are tough, does not make you a good leader on & off the field. Jack is a good onfield leader due to his toughness and courage - not sure if there is any proof to suggest he is capable of being an off-field leader yet & capable of leading a group of young men.
Cotchin clearly has both.

Not sure I believe any of Lambert, Prestia, Vloss or even Astbury are even close to being considered our leadership solution post Cotchin. They are great team players who provide leadership by SUPPORTING the heircahary of the leadership structure - but they are not capable of being the one to BE the message.
Vloss is a good player and onfield plays in a way that leads by example - but would you ever see Trent Cotchin and a younger player grabbing Chol's dick in the change rooms while they sing the song with camera's around? No, i doubt it. Showed a very distinct lack of leadership I thought. Houli is probably the player i would think that has a similar all rounded leadership quality i am thinking we are missing &, unfortunately, he is probably likely to retire this season also.

We are the only team from my knowledge that doesn't have a leadership group. We have Trent as Cap & Jack R as vice. Along with Houli, those 3 players are the most likely to retire at seasons end & unfortunately they have all spent just as much on the sidelines than playing the actual game over the past 2 years.

Who out of our players 26 or younger, are the leaders we need to step up and fill the void once the TC, JR & BH retire?

You don't have to agree with what i say, but no one could ever accuse me of not having very deep & well thought-out opinions on the Richmond football club - and that can only be possible if the person writing them has spent decades doing exactly that in regards to this club. I SAW this club for 30 years lack real leadership prior to Cotchin 2017. I know the problem & I see it brewing. All the "discipline" issues we are seeing comes from the age bracket below the leadership group. IMO, we are sorely missing Brandon Ellis in this area. I always felt he was the leader for the younger blokes like Short, Baker & i think he has shown some really exceptional leadership at the GC with their very young squad. Who do we have now that is the leader Ellis was to many of our under 25 blokes?

Take one look at Carlton ATM. That is what happens when you don't think 2 moves ahead with your leadership when you are "on top". Carlton went from being a team of leaders in the mid-late 90's and very early 2000's with Kernahan, Bradley, Brown, Kouta, Sexton, Dean, McKay, Madden, SOS, Rice, Williams - but after that failed to groom a next generation. They then fell in a massive hole they could never dig out of. Even Judd could not fix the leadership void they left & you can see the wear and tear on Cripps as he tries to carry way too much of that weight not. Losses they have like that against the Dogs on the weekend are a direct result of a lack of leadership amongst the group.

IMO we are leaning VERY heavily on blokes whose time and careers are almost up for leadership. If they are not capable of staying on the field (which they aren't ). - then we need to expedite the next generation of leadership ASAP. The leadership reigns needs to be picked up by the likes of Baker, Short, Bolton, Balta, Castagna, Rioli, Lynch, RCD, Dow etc

Last edited:
On the couch smashed us and they were 100% correct the new rules and players were so poor in trying too tackle.
They also made a very good point in that Geelong seem to have noticed we never get free kicks for holding the ball, so it has encouraged them to "take us on" and ride our tackles as they know they are unlikely to be punished for it..... and they were completely right.

Did you read my post before you wrote this?

Only Jack G is young enough to be considered " the next era" of leadership & to be completely honest, I find his leadership qualities a bit overrated, much like many here's opinion on Ross. Just because you are tough, does not make you a good leader on & off the field. Jack is a good onfield leader due to his toughness and courage - not sure if there is any proof to suggest he is capable of being an off-field leader yet & capable of leading a group of young men.
Cotchin clearly has both.

Not sure I believe any of Lambert, Prestia, Vloss or even Astbury are even close to being considered our leadership solution post Cotchin. They are great team players who provide leadership by SUPPORTING the heircahary of the leadership structure - but they are not capable of being the one to BE the message.
Vloss is a good player and onfield plays in a way that leads by example - but would you ever see Trent Cotchin and a younger player grabbing Chol's dick in the change rooms while they sing the song with camera's around? No, i doubt it. Showed a very distinct lack of leadership I thought. Houli is probably the player i would think that has a similar all rounded leadership quality i am thinking we are missing &, unfortunately, he is probably likely to retire this season also.

We are the only team from my knowledge that doesn't have a leadership group. We have Trent as Cap & Jack R as vice. Along with Houli, those 3 players are the most likely to retire at seasons end & unfortunately they have all spent just as much on the sidelines than playing the actual game over the past 2 years.

Who out of our players 26 or younger, are the leaders we need to step up and fill the void once the TC, JR & BH retire?

You don't have to agree with what i say, but no one could ever accuse me of not having very deep & well thought-out opinions on the Richmond football club - and that can only be possible if the person writing them has spent decades doing exactly that in regards to this club. I SAW this club for 30 years lack real leadership prior to Cotchin 2017. IMO we are leaning VERY heavily on blokes whose time and careers are almost up. If they are not capable of staying on the field (which they aren't ). - then we need to expedite the next generation of leadership ASAP
you write very well just wondering why your posts have a little more zest in them after a loss, also 30 years as a tigerman you only have been on this forum for 8 tiger games but im guessing you're had a few alias and sock puppet accounts. anyway each to their own, i just find most of your posts a bit drawn out, negative and cringy. i would also think dusty, nank, vlossy, short, jack graham and bakes....there's 6 would be thumping down the door as our next emerging leaders.

you write very well just wondering why your posts have a little more zest in them after a loss, also 30 years as a tigerman you only have been on this forum for 8 tiger games but im guessing you're had a few alias and sock puppet accounts. anyway each to their own, i just find most of your posts a bit drawn out, negative and cringy. i would also think dusty, nank, vlossy, short, jack graham and bakes....there's 6 would be thumping down the door as our next emerging leaders.

As i've said before, i see next to no reason to come on here and ride the wave of love and adulation after we have a great win. I enjoy our wins my own way, and dissect our losses and flaws here.

You can be awesome and flawed at the same time. Look at the Beatles, they were certainly this - doesn't stop them being arguably the greatest ever. If you ever read a book on the Beatles, the ones that are most interesting are the ones which focus on the flaws and faults in the band and their relationship to each other - not the one which just relays the stats about all the number 1 hits they had.

IMO When you truely love something - you want to understand them in their entirety. The good, the bad & the ugly.

As i've said before, i see next to no reason to come on here and ride the wave of love and adulation after we have a great win. I enjoy our wins my own way, and dissect our losses and flaws here.

You can be awesome and flawed at the same time. Look at the Beatles, they were certainly this - doesn't stop them being arguably the greatest ever. If you ever read a book on the Beatles, the ones that are most interesting are the ones which focus on the flaws and faults in the band and their relationship to each other - not the one which just relays the stats about all the number 1 hits they had.

IMO When you truely love something - you want to understand them in their entirety. The good, the bad & the ugly.
i would like to believe you :p ;)

The Beatles arguably best ever?
That's like saying Danger is the greatest post ww11 player ever.

The Rioli / Bolton incident will really test our depth but we do have some talent to draw on.
Rioli's injury may not keep him out, but a call needs to be made as to whether his actions are acceptable. Being at a nightclub on a Sunday night with a game 6 days later could be viewed as irresponsible.
I'd likely go with the following changes:
In - Grimes, Naish, Eggmolese-Smith, Martyn
Out - Edwards (inj), Mansell (concussion), Bolton (inj), Rioli (club suspension)

If Rioli plays, then Will Martyn is sub.

Still have CCJ, Caddy, Garthwaite, Miller, Chol, Dow, Cumberland, MRJ to bring in as other options

On CPH1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

anyone else disappointed/annoyed hearing jack revolt doing special comments in the ess v giants clash in sydney ????.......please someone tell me i was hearing things after a night of mild shock and heavy drinking :drunk: surely jumping on an early plane so close to or after an important and ordinary game and all the bits and pieces involved in his media gig raises the question of his pre and post game prep v the cats....... im suggesting his mind was not on the job yesterday and last night. 2 things tho, no beef if he comments on a sunday game in vic and secondly maybe an over reaction, as if jack played well it would prob be no biggie.
They commentate from fox footy studios in Port Melbourne, no travelling at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 changes in -- grimes-- caddy
Out- Bolton,,Edwards

B--- Grimes --- Astbury--- short
Hb-- vlaustin--- broad--- houli
C -- pickett -- Martin-- kmac
Hf - Baker --- lynch--- Rioli
Ff - aarts --- Reiwoldt-- caddy
R -- Nank--- R.C.D --- Graham
Int- Naish-- Ross --Mansell- Balta
Sub - Georgie
If caddy is not 100% fit
Then HRS gets his debut

Last edited:
Rioli's likely to play.
In: Grimes, Cads.
Out: Bolton, Eddie.
If it's not our year I hope an interstate side prevails, I don't pay any attention to them.
The spirits of the Dees, Dogs and Cats will be crushed.

We gave up.... Phoned it in.

I don't like it but I don't blame the players.... I'm just a bloke in the stand and I get tired of being hunted every week. Would be f’ed as a player and yes they get paid enough to suck it up but they're just human.

I think the Cats will win it this year, which makes me sick to say. Their game plan and forward potency is pretty rock solid.
Yet we lead them at half time and proceeded to play our worst half of footy since the St Kilda loss in 2017! With our best two inside mids, our best endurance runner and our best lock down/intercepting defender missing? Gary Spud Rohan kicked 5!!!! Wouldn’t get 5 possessions if Grimes was playing!!!!
Don’t overrate that win for the Cats, we just had a very poor second half, where our pressure dropped off markedly and that won’t happen in a final.
My only concern is the lack of mids we now have available, it’s horrendous. But, the entire defensive unit is now available so hopefully we can scratch out enough wins until the cavalry returns. Losing Nank would just complete the injury curse this year

I wanna see dow and maurice get a run with the season likely cooked anyway might as well blood the youth

I'm thinking 4 changes.

IN: Grimes, Ralph-Smith, Coleman-Jones, Martyn.
OUT: Edwards (inj), Bolton (inj), Rioli (inj), Mansell (possibly concussed).

B: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Broad Balta Houli
C: Ralph-Smith Graham McIntosh
HF: Pickett Lynch Baker
F: Castagna Riewoldt Coleman-Jones
Foll: Nankervis Collier-Dawkins Martin
I/C: Ross Short Martyn Aarts

With such an inexperienced on-ball division Caddy would possibly be an obvious inclusion, but as he hasn't played any football for a couple of weeks maybe he should be the sub.

Rioli's injury may not keep him out, but a call needs to be made as to whether his actions are acceptable. Being at a nightclub on a Sunday night with a game 6 days later could be viewed as irresponsible.
Especially after Friday night's performance. All of them should of been banned from attending any such venues for at least a week.

I'm thinking 4 changes.

IN: Grimes, Ralph-Smith, Coleman-Jones, Martyn.
OUT: Edwards (inj), Bolton (inj), Rioli (inj), Mansell (possibly concussed).

B: Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
HB: Broad Balta Houli
C: Ralph-Smith Graham McIntosh
HF: Pickett Lynch Baker
F: Castagna Riewoldt Coleman-Jones
Foll: Nankervis Collier-Dawkins Martin
I/C: Ross Short Martyn Aarts

With such an inexperienced on-ball division Caddy would possibly be an obvious inclusion, but as he hasn't played any football for a couple of weeks maybe he should be the sub.
Looks bang on Hoosy but jeez what a week to have an inexperienced midfield playing a stocked Gws on field brigade. Nank will have to pop his Cape on

Looks bang on Hoosy but jeez what a week to have an inexperienced midfield playing a stocked Gws on field brigade. Nank will have to pop his Cape on
That's why I think he needs a genuine second ruck in their to both help him and to stretch their defence, which is itself in a little trouble with Keath out for the season.

Dimma said on 360 that Rioli is likely to play anyway.

Last edited:
The Rioli / Bolton incident will really test our depth but we do have some talent to draw on.
I'd likely go with the following changes:
In - Grimes, Naish, Eggmolese-Smith, Martyn
Out - Edwards (inj), Mansell (concussion), Bolton (inj), Rioli (club suspension)

If Rioli plays, then Will Martyn is sub.

Still have CCJ, Caddy, Garthwaite, Miller, Chol, Dow, Cumberland, MRJ to bring in as other options

On CPH1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would gladly never see Egg at AFL level again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back