• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Care to give me an update then? As from my knowledge in 2020 we dropped the leadership group and i heard no update since then that had changed?

I mean, even based on the AFLPA's website - we don't have one.

Enlighten me, oh wise one - or perhaps you may decide to apologise

You are indeed a simple one. That refers to our captain and V captain set up like other clubs but we do indeed have a leadership group. How's this, don't believe my word. Just call the club and ask if Grimes, astbury, Edwards are part of our leadership group.

If you don't want to do that, just listen to hardwick after your done listening to whichever team you support.

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Really don't get why people are calling for Stack to come in. Still hasn't shown he can even dominate at VFL level - so many others deserve a run before him. I'd rather Chol get a game
you must have watched the game V Werribee , ol 2 phones looked like he didn't want to be there

in fairness he did have very big padding on one shin , it looked like injury rather than a shin guard

Moppey

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I really wish we had a genuine kpd and kpf in the magoos so we could give TL AND JR a helping hand.

Only possibility i can see to get another KPF is play Balta chf and throw someone like Miller in the deep end and hope he doesnt sink.
Failing that we have a very promising ruck /fwd in CC-J and if now is not the time to play him then there never will be a time.

For gods sake we all know we need to play a second ruck to help nankervis and we can all see Jack and Tom could do with with another tall target up forward to help out. CC-J alleviates both problems. This also allows us to play Pickett mid all game and Toby to play a kick behind the play helping out our defenders.

the 5 best mids that are left are Graham, Pickett, Martin, plus running mid McIntosh and i would play Ralphsmith on the other wing.

C/ McIntosh - Pickett - Ralphsmith
R/ Nankervis - Martin - Graham

Rotations RC-D - Ross - Dow -Baker. They are young but they are mids and they are the best mids we have remaining

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
You are indeed a simple one. That refers to our captain and V captain set up like other clubs but we do indeed have a leadership group. How's this, don't believe my word. Just call the club and ask if Grimes, astbury, Edwards are part of our leadership group.

If you don't want to do that, just listen to hardwick after your done listening to whichever team you support.

You are wrong. I literally gave you THREE links to info that confirmed it. If we have one , send me some proof of it, kinda like i did for you.

If we have a leadership group - in the sense that we ALL refer to a leadership group to be an official group of players that are publicly recognised - then show me the presser or article to when it was announced

I have given you the article in 2020 when the club announced it was getting rid of it - so surely you can find the article in 2021 where we put it back together

lol FFS - the article i provided you literally has the title NO LEADERSHIP GROUP AT TIGERS - JUST CAP AND VICE - and you STILL can't bring yourself to admit I was correct. Your comment that it refers to our cap and vice set up like other clubs is so bloody stupid, as we literally ONLY have a CAP & VICE...we have no LEADERSHIP GROUP - it states we have a group of senior players which will support the leaders, but that is not a "leadership group" like we are talking about.

For example - Collingwoods is...

COLLINGWOOD
Scott Pendlebury – Captain

Steele Sidebottom – Vice-Captain

Taylor Adams – Vice-Captain

Jeremy Howe – Vice-Captain

Brodie Grundy

Jordan Roughead

Darcy Moore

Or Geelongs is....

GEELONG
Joel Selwood – Captain

Patrick Dangerfield – Vice-Captain

Mark Blicavs – Vice-Captain

Mark O’Connor

Mitch Duncan

Tom Stewart

Zach Tuohy

My entire point is the club needs to start thinking about the NEXT tier of leaders, as the ones we currently have are near the end. Over the next month we are going to need to see some leadership come up from our players under 25. Our current Cap, who is our greatest captain evert - began that journey at 22 years old. Its time for the older leaders to start passing on that responsibility to our next tier. Our next great captain wont be Edwards or Dusty etc, they might become a captain for a couple of years, but i doubt they will be our next GREAT one. We need to start working towards that by handing over more responsibility to our younger core in that area

Last edited:

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
you must have watched the game V Werribee , ol 2 phones looked like he didn't want to be there

in fairness he did have very big padding on one shin , it looked like injury rather than a shin guard

nah haven't watched the VFL team, never seem to be telecast on Kayo - but i sure know that is Syd had a massive VFL performance, we would be hearing about it.

I would just rather see blokes whose form & commitment to the teams values get a run before him. Naish, Ralphsmith, Rioli jnr, CCJ, Chol, Martyn. - would prefer to see all of those blokes get a decent run before Syd. I am no massive fan of Chol, but i do remember him standing up big time for us in 2019 when we got hit with a similar injury crisis. Thats what i want to see from our current young crop - a few stand up when we really need them to do it.

We need a performance like our great 2019 win against Port in round 4

Last edited:

Tygrys

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2009
Dallas, Texas
AFL Club
Richmond
As i've said before, i see next to no reason to come on here and ride the wave of love and adulation after we have a great win. I enjoy our wins my own way, and dissect our losses and flaws here.

You can be awesome and flawed at the same time. Look at the Beatles, they were certainly this - doesn't stop them being arguably the greatest ever. If you ever read a book on the Beatles, the ones that are most interesting are the ones which focus on the flaws and faults in the band and their relationship to each other - not the one which just relays the stats about all the number 1 hits they had.

IMO When you truely love something - you want to understand them in their entirety. The good, the bad & the ugly.

True it's like writing letters to the editor. How often do you do it when you haven't got a care in the world and everything is great. You don't need to do anything then, you just wallow in a sense of well-being. And as for Beatle books. The more I read, the less I like them as people (at least in the case of John Lennon), but the more I appreciate their music and grieve about their premature break up. Anyhow apart from that...

Out; Bolton, Edwards, Castagna
In: Grimes, Coleman-Jones, Stack

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't see a reason to dump guys like Mansell and Castagna for more kids this week. It was a weird performance on Friday, with such a good first half and then a massive let-down in the second. I'm in the camp of suggesting we completely lost organisation behind the ball, with no Grimes and Baker causing us to rush and panic - we won a lot more inside ball in the third than pundits suggest. We were simply horrific defensively, which won't happen every week.

I'll address this using the Vickery defence.
Remember back when many on here fell for the match committee drivel of him 'being key to our structure' and 'vital to the operation'.
Well, it quickly became apparent that with him out of the way and with a little bit of a rethink in structure we survived anf thrived.
Castagna is offering zero at the moment and is key to nothing - we're a man down before the opening bounce
If some youngster comes in and gives a mere 5 to 10% better effort, we are far better off.
The injection of youth and newer blood in 2017, including Cadstagna himself, alongside Butler, Graham, Short and Mendaue did the trick, can't see why oit won't now.

All for Baker starting in the centre square and it should be done.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
You are wrong. I literally gave you THREE links to info that confirmed it. If we have one , send me some proof of it, kinda like i did for you.

If we have a leadership group - in the sense that we ALL refer to a leadership group to be an official group of players that are publicly recognised - then show me the presser or article to when it was announced

I have given you the article in 2020 when the club announced it was getting rid of it - so surely you can find the article in 2021 where we put it back together

lol FFS - the article i provided you literally has the title NO LEADERSHIP GROUP AT TIGERS - JUST CAP AND VICE - and you STILL can't bring yourself to admit I was correct. Your comment that it refers to our cap and vice set up like other clubs is so bloody stupid, as we literally ONLY have a CAP & VICE...we have no LEADERSHIP GROUP - it states we have a group of senior players which will support the leaders, but that is not a "leadership group" like we are talking about.

For example - Collingwoods is...

COLLINGWOOD
Scott Pendlebury – Captain

Steele Sidebottom – Vice-Captain

Taylor Adams – Vice-Captain

Jeremy Howe – Vice-Captain

Brodie Grundy

Jordan Roughead

Darcy Moore

Or Geelongs is....

GEELONG
Joel Selwood – Captain

Patrick Dangerfield – Vice-Captain

Mark Blicavs – Vice-Captain

Mark O’Connor

Mitch Duncan

Tom Stewart

Zach Tuohy

My entire point is the club needs to start thinking about the NEXT tier of leaders, as the ones we currently have are near the end. Over the next month we are going to need to see some leadership come up from our players under 25. Our current Cap, who is our greatest captain evert - began that journey at 22 years old. Its time for the older leaders to start passing on that responsibility to our next tier. Our next great captain wont be Edwards or Dusty etc, they might become a captain for a couple of years, but i doubt they will be our next GREAT one. We need to start working towards that by handing over more responsibility to our younger core in that area

Christ, I'll argue the point but hey you will be gone when we win so what's the point ? Again I will repeat, just listen to our coach when he talks about our leadership group, he often mentions names outside of Trent and Jack. You jog on though and keep going with your point.

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
nah haven't watched the VFL team, never seem to be telecast on Kayo - but i sure know that is Syd had a massive VFL performance, we would be hearing about it.

I would just rather see blokes whose form & commitment to the teams values get a run before him. Naish, Ralphsmith, Rioli jnr, CCJ, Chol, Martyn. - would prefer to see all of those blokes get a decent run before Syd. I am no massive fan of Chol, but i do remember him standing up big time for us in 2019 when we got hit with a similar injury crisis. Thats what i want to see from our current young crop - a few stand up when we really need them to do it.

We need a performance like our great 2019 win against Port in round 4
Not trying to sheet on you but a lot of kids have gotten a go this year ahead of stack.
Will Martyn, mansell, RCD, Ross, naish have all had cracks, I think stack is a real possibility only because he is the most like for like replacement for Bolton, absolutely no doubt he will be underdone but we are running out of players that we can turn to, Dow has only just come back from injury and both Ralph smith and will martyn haven’t tore it up so I’d go with a guy who has some senior games under him.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
George is so out of form atm that it’s in his best interest that he goes back to the magoos and gets some touch back.
He’s been our best small forward for a couple of years now but his last month has been putrid.
He couldn’t get a kick in a barn at the moment and the ones he is getting are going sideways.

Go back get a dose of leather poisoning playing on the ball in the seconds and come back and play the footy you did in the 2019 GF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back