Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done well so far considering he’s coming back from an ACL. Cracks in and plenty of toe.
What role do you see him in? Small/medium forward?
More of a fwd at this stage
Future fwd/mid would be the aim.

We re 5 players off our best side and the contending oppo have Improved , if anyone can’t accept that they’re in denial , the rest is academic . If Stacky and CCJ can be in the mix to fill the breach and impact during this injury period , it will help no end

I don’t think anyone denies the opposition have improved. The question is why do people think the new rules have affected us more than other sides? I don’t buy it, for the reasons I stated..

Reckon we'll need Pickett the midfielder now that Edwards is injured, rather than Pickett the backup ruck.

OUT: Edwards, Mansell, Castagna
IN: Coleman-Jones, Grimes, Ralphsmith

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Graham, Pickett
Baker, Riewoldt, Aarts
Rioli, Lynch, Bolton
Nankervis, Martin, Ross
CCJ, RCD, Ralphsmith, Short

We playing too many smalls now? Or just overreacting given we had a s**t game? We are obviously missing 4 of a Premiership midfield...

22 I'd like to see soon...

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert
Stack, Riewoldt, Bolton
Rioli, Lynch, Rioli
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
CCJ, Graham, Pickett, Baker (or Short)

emg/ Short (or Baker), Castagna, McIntosh, Mansell

- Our best defensive starting 6 on the field.
- Play one of Short or Baker as the extra seventh defender. Yes yes, I know, but, we can't play them all. We are sorely missing a genuine 3rd forward target with elite marking/kicking skills, and missing the 2nd ruck, so we have to do it this way.
- CCJ back up ruck.
- Rioli double-act.
- Stack in as that extra dangerous forward that we sorely miss.
- Kmac out and Edwards up to a wing.

Also, can someone talk to Dusty about his unselfishness? Unselfishness should not be a substitute for good decision-making. It’s funny because in finals he really takes on everything and doesn’t worry about focusing on dragging everyone in the game.

I just want him to be the dominant player that we know he can be and has been many times. He can drag players back into the game in the 4th quarter when we already won the game, but not in the first quarter. If he have 6 opportunities to score goals and he worked hard to get there, then I want him to take responsibility for those opportunities. If the other players around him are good enough, then their time will come.
A pet hate of mine is this constant chip/handball inside 50 trying to walk it in for a goal, just take responsibility and kick it. Have seen us leave so many goals out there trying to be unselfish.

You even see players looking for passing options as they are walking in to take a shot for goal 35 metres out, I just don't get it but I guess the players have this unselfish attitude drummed into them by coaches and sometimes it just becomes instinctive at the wrong times.

Reckon we'll need Pickett the midfielder now that Edwards is injured, rather than Pickett the backup ruck.

OUT: Edwards, Mansell, Castagna
IN: Coleman-Jones, Grimes, Ralphsmith

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Graham, Pickett
Baker, Riewoldt, Aarts
Rioli, Lynch, Bolton
Nankervis, Martin, Ross
CCJ, RCD, Ralphsmith, Short

We playing too many smalls now? Or just overreacting given we had a sh*t game? We are obviously missing 4 of a Premiership midfield...

22 I'd like to see soon...

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert
Stack, Riewoldt, Bolton
Rioli, Lynch, Rioli
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
CCJ, Graham, Pickett, Baker (or Short)

emg/ Short (or Baker), Castagna, McIntosh, Mansell

- Our best defensive starting 6 on the field.
- Play one of Short or Baker as the extra seventh defender. Yes yes, I know, but, we can't play them all. We are sorely missing a genuine 3rd forward target with elite marking/kicking skills, and missing the 2nd ruck, so we have to do it this way.
- CCJ back up ruck.
- Rioli double-act.
- Stack in as that extra dangerous forward that we sorely miss.
- Kmac out and Edwards up to a wing.
Taking the piss surely.
Baker or short out.lol

Taking the piss surely.
Baker or short out.lol
You don't like the look of the 22?

Let's have Short in for Baker then.

Brackets are for where a name has been repeated:

Defensive six: Grimes, Astbury, Short, Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
Extra defender: Broad
Midfield group: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia, Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert, Bolton, Graham, Pickett
Backup ruck: Coleman-Jones
Tall forwards: Riewoldt, Lynch, (Coleman-Jones)
Medium forward target: Stack
Pressure forwards: Rioli, Rioli, (Stack), (Resting mid/forward)
Resting mid/forward: (Bolton), (Martin), (Cotchin), (Edwards)

I reckon that structure works. It means no room for Baker which is ridiculous yes, but I wanna see both Riolis together and, unless Baker comes back in for one of them, where is his spot? If we take out a midfielder, suddenly we are light-on for mids, especially given of the above group we don't see Dusty around the ground much.

Saw somewhere that apparently there's an article that says we've had the hardest draw so far and the easiest run home. Just had a look at the ladder and our fixture. We sit in 8th rn, but it turns out we still need to play every side below us save 1, 7th, 6th twice and 4th, so there is a little to it.

I don’t think anyone denies the opposition have improved. The question is why do people think the new rules have affected us more than other sides? I don’t buy it, for the reasons I stated..
I don’t mate the factors above are 70%other30% our best players arent firing on all cylinders , jack lynch dusty shedda , we need them primed

Midfield group: Nankervis, Martin, Prestia, Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert, Bolton, Graham, Pickett

I reckon that structure works. It means no room for Baker which is ridiculous yes, but I wanna see both Riolis together and, unless Baker comes back in for one of them, where is his spot? If we take out a midfielder, suddenly we are light-on for mids, especially given of the above group we don't see Dusty around the ground much.
D.Rioli is out of form
MRJ I'm sure everyone wants too see debut but it won't be at the expense of Baker.
Same can be said of stack.
Mrj & Stack in for both DR & George is more likely.

Saw somewhere that apparently there's an article that says we've had the hardest draw so far and the easiest run home. Just had a look at the ladder and our fixture. We sit in 8th rn, but it turns out we still need to play every side below us save 1, 7th, 6th twice and 4th, so there is a little to it.
Have us finishing 5th.lol

It's awesome when we lose cause when we do we just get ******* whomped

Everything we touch turns to s**t, the umpiring feels even worse cause we getting reamed all across the ground, we get injuries, the media writes us off, we all lose our marbles

That's what this s**t is all about... Entertainment, it's awesome value; big highs and lows. Tiger train packs it all in!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia is our biggest loss IMO-his the main man on the ball. He does it all.
Lambert as well,always pops up for a crucial goal,did in the Port final last year.

FoxSports’ Tom Morris said he expected Finlayson to miss at least a week.
“The key is an elbow is usually considered intentional rather than careless,” he said.

View attachment 1122071

That is neck to the side of face, intentional, low impact = 1 week suspension
It’s Toby Green that we needed out. Cripes last year he won the game off his own boot

Shorty and Baker definitely amongst the first picked.
i liked what you did though

Take the free kicks out of it we know we don't get payed the same ones and works me up to , but this year we've been our own worse enemy with brain fades , poor skills and taken advantage when we've been on top in games.For me to many players a down to not pulling there weight.

I think we're hoping it will come good , but we don't know.Pickett in the ruck is the first change or Balta ,Dave going there. CCJ has been in good form why he can't play the same role Nank and Soldo played together.Tall timber is having a major impact in games this year gives Jack and Lynch more space to.

Smalls have forgotten there job pressure and harassment and locking the ball in all have been poor to many chances for me to get it right.

It's not the rules to that's a cop out for me we got the quality to turn it around and a injection of youth to that's what we need.

It’s no coincidence we’ve gone on to play a s**t brand of footy whenever leppa has departed the club

There’s a lot of 2014-2016 Richmond style about the way we’ve played this season

Won’t be long before focus on footy are back with their next challenge

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I genuinely think with Grimes back in bring in Stack to play the half back role and put Vlastuin on the ball. We need some grunt around the footy and the kids aren’t going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back