Preview R9: Changes vs Port Adelaide - IN: Jetta, Viney OUT: Newton, Riley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who do we hard tag this week and who gets the job? Boak has the potential to gather a lot of possessions, but I don't feel like they really hurt - I reckon that Gray is likely to be more damaging. Bernie to Gray?

I have a lot of interest in seeing Viney brought in to go at Ollie Wines.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Who do we hard tag this week and who gets the job? Boak has the potential to gather a lot of possessions, but I don't feel like they really hurt - I reckon that Gray is likely to be more damaging. Bernie to Gray?

I have a lot of interest in seeing Viney brought in to go at Ollie Wines.

Gray makes more sense to tag, but I hope Vince goes to Boak or Ebert. For my UF team.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ja...st-port-adelaide/story-fndv8pdq-1227372742714

looks like dawes wont be available (yay!) and Tyson still struggling with knee. Jetta and Viney both look likely to return

with Viney being rushed in after a 6 week lay-off, perhaps he might be eased in as a defensive forward to replace bail? or maybe just unleashed in the midfield

In: Viney, Jetta
Out: M Jones (inj), Bail (poo)

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Viney could come back as the sub, I guess. Worked for Riley last week, the sub actually works quite well when it's a strong, tough player who comes in with a head of steam whilst everyone else is tiring.

Viney could come back as the sub, I guess. Worked for Riley last week, the sub actually works quite well when it's a strong, tough player who comes in with a head of steam whilst everyone else is tiring.
Yeah, at the very least the sub should be a mid or a hard working type. Viney as sub seems reasonable if the starting 21 are all fit and firing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Don't know what your injury count is but regardless the gap between our teams has narrowed.
Roos is a master strangler of teams but you now seem to have many more strings to your bow.
No-one over here and I mean no-one is too confident re this game.
Mostly because us Port tragics don't know what our team is going to serve up from one week to the next.
IIRC we fell over the line this game last year.
Jesse Hogan is scaring the living be'geeza's out of us coz the guy looks amazing.
Any win for us more than welcome but I wouldn't be surprised if you knocked us off.
Lets have a good clean injury free match and may the better team on the day win.
Congratz for pulling yourselves off the floor and being competitive.
This week I don't want you to be too competitive tho :)

Ps make sure you knock off the crows next time you play them

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don't know what your injury count is but regardless the gap between our teams has narrowed.
Roos is a master strangler of teams but you now seem to have many more strings to your bow.
No-one over here and I mean no-one is too confident re this game.
Mostly because us Port tragics don't know what our team is going to serve up from one week to the next.
IIRC we fell over the line this game last year.
Jesse Hogan is scaring the living be'geeza's out of us coz the guy looks amazing.
Any win for us more than welcome but I wouldn't be surprised if you knocked us off.
Lets have a good clean injury free match and may the better team on the day win.
Congratz for pulling yourselves off the floor and being competitive.
This week I don't want you to be too competitive tho :)

Ps make sure you knock off the crows next time you play them

I listened to some good quality analytics on SEN earlier today, saying that sides have worked out how to prevent Ports free running game style, by slowing the play, creating stoppages, and stifling their ability to switch and run by pressing their ball use and zones at half back.

The commentary was along the lines of that this strategy which Port are struggling to work their way around, does actually suit Melbournes styles under Paul Roos.

Will be a really interesting game from a strategic perspective - if not so much from a quality perspective.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I listened to some good quality analytics on SEN earlier today, saying that sides have worked out how to prevent Ports free running game style, by slowing the play, creating stoppages, and stifling their ability to switch and run by pressing their ball use and zones at half back.

The commentary was along the lines of that this strategy which Port are struggling to work their way around, does actually suit Melbournes styles under Paul Roos.

Will be a really interesting game from a strategic perspective - if not so much from a quality perspective.

Probably about right. Whether its an underwhelming spectacle or not both of us want 4 pts. As such it s likely to be an arm wrestle.
Whoever takes the points won't be gnashing their teeth after an ugly (if thats the way it goes) win

Probably about right. Whether its an underwhelming spectacle or not both of us want 4 pts. As such it s likely to be an arm wrestle.
Whoever takes the points won't be gnashing their teeth after an ugly (if thats the way it goes) win

Nice to see a Port supporter paying homage to Melbourne legend Byron Pickett, props to you sir. :thumbsu:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Nice to see a Port supporter paying homage to Melbourne legend Byron Pickett, props to you sir. :thumbsu:

He is my avatar/superstar of whom I don't even pretend to be anything but his fan club #1 tkt holder.
For mine his career was umpired to a pre-mature end but thats another story.
Maybe most of us have a player that shines in our heart. Stynes Mann Flower even Farmer were favourites but
this Jesse Hogan looks as though he's gunna be something really special

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surprising outs- thought Riley would definitely stay in.

In -
Neville Jetta, Jack Viney
Out - Aidan Riley (Omitted), Ben Newton (Omitted)

And, no Paddy Ryder for Port!

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Watts and Toumpas lucky to still be in there...

Sigh. What is the point of seesawing Michie and Newton - who've been on AFL lists for a long time and clearly need match experience to improve - in and out of the side? Newton dropped before playing his old side, too.

Fitzpatrick named in the forward line. Vandenberg named at centre. Interesting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back