FTA-TV Race Across the World/TAR thread

I had a teaching colleague who went on The Weakest Link. He didn't know a very easy question. Well he said he did but just froze. The students gave him grief for ages.
For the win. In trivial pursuit. I choked. On the question. What does. VCR stand for. Never been more embarrassed in my life

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Which team did you think were unlikeable?
The social influencers? I actually like they were up front about cheating. It is refreshing to see. Hopefully they stay in the race for at least 4 to 5 legs to come because, having a villain team will make viewing more interesting.

I got the initial impression that the teams were very vanilla. You got to have team members that crack under pressure and chew the other team mate out when a mistake is made. Its all too cordial at the moment.
They were the ones, picked them from the start but I agree they are needed. The thing Is that I usually like the villains. Hey, who else liked Elaine on Survivor? ;) I'm sure that in time when things get going that rivalries will eventuate between teams, but probably not cutthroat. Now as between partners, my money is on the nuns to have an all out war. LOL I think it's too early to tell. I've never seen the old episodes of the Australian version so I don't know what to expect. When the tasks get harder I guess we'll see.

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
OK I'm all caught up

Geez the Greeks were useless. To utensil up that bad right at the start when everyone is on level pegging is just embarrassing
The nuns were good value but if they make it past 2 more episodes I'll be amazed and it will be down to others pulling a Greek kids
The influencers very quickly took the mantle of villains but are prone to complete brain farts, assuming there's a brain in there
Challenges were good and somehow the footy guys looked to struggle the most at them but won the leg. Some interesting editing going on I guess.
Anyway, going live tomorrow so I'll see everyone then

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Meh...........never compares to the US one and the casting is a big thing. I will still watch but it is lacking something already.

Starting in Korea instead of Australia was garbage - part of the Race is you Race to destination, which is getting flights.

Beau Ryan - urgh. His "your the 3rd team arrive" was dumb - LaPaligia is a clone of Jeff Probst but does it well. No one can be Phil but Ryan is cringeworthy.

No prize for the leg winner and only $250K for the winner - typical Channel 10.

Social influencers are hard to like because they love themselves and have very little brain power but I agree you need some villains. Everyone is too nice.

Haven't had a chance to read all the comments but I'm pretty sure this is the MOST politically correct cast I've ever seen on a TV show. Short of some Transgender competitors, they pretty much have every minority group covered here. Its a bit too contrived for my liking.
I did state that there were no albinos in a previous comment. #albinostoo

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
This Ch10 version definitely has a low budget feel to it compared to the Ch7 version which was on a par with the US version production wise.

Beau Ryan trying to put his own zany Footy Show spin on the hosting role is a bit grating but at least he shows some enthusiasm unlike Grant Bowler

Haven't had a chance to read all the comments but I'm pretty sure this is the MOST politically correct cast I've ever seen on a TV show. Short of some Transgender competitors, they pretty much have every minority group covered here. Its a bit too contrived for my liking.

It's been like that on the US version of TAR ever since I can remember, they always try and tick as many minority group boxes as possible with the teams.

I like the diversity of the competitors. It reflects many aspects of Australian society, not just the white bogan athletes in the country. If I wanted to see that, I'd just turn into Australian Gladiator or a Collingwood vs St Kilda footy match.
24vimhw.jpg

Actually sorry there are two.

Two tokens!!!
There should be more than one nun team. And what about a team of American Mormons or left handed Geelong supporters?

Back