Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Bases last years form aswell, hence why we are lower than we should be.
It also speaks more to putting value into EOY games.

Hawthorn started 4-4 last year, didn't deserve to diminish their FP standing.

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Why would I use 2010 as a sample size? We werent challenging.
Such a defeated response when you state youd rather lose a semi than have a chance of a shot at a flag in a prelim :rolleyes:
Remind me how losing by 4 goals to West Coast in a prelim is getting destroyed? Or do you make it up as you go along to suit your agenda:thumbsu:
Seems like memory doesn't serve you very well, but I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. What year was it that North had record (or near record) losses in the same finals series? I'll give you a hint, it was the year that Geelong won the GF by over 100 points.

You aren't lower than you should be. You've beaten Hawks (good win), then Brisbane, GC, Essendon & Port.
Lost to GWS who are only just being rated well as of this round.
You need to beat more than one good team to be rated well.
I might buy that if the Bulldogs had beaten anyone of note but Freo Brisbane Carlton and St Kilda aren't exactly a group of world beaters.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know that it is upsetting to some that the Squiggle (all hail to thee) rates North, but there you go, an objective fact that is not based on biased opinion.

As for the partisan flogs on here, go harass Roby, he enjoys your shite.

I know that it is upsetting to some that the Squiggle (all hail to thee) rates North, but there you go, an objective fact that is not based on biased opinion.

As for the partisan flogs on here, go harass Roby, he enjoys your shite.
Not sure if this is related to me or not, I have know problem with the Squiggle it's the Flagpole I just Can't understand.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Yay for Squiggle. :hearts::rainbow:

It has West Coast beating the Handbaggers in the GF and we havent even beaten this week yet.
Are you going to kick more than 7 goals this week? That would be a good start :p

HeaveHo_WeBlow

All Australian
Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I look forward to West Coast performing outside of Perth. Beating up on Brisbane, Fremantle and Collingwood isnt that impressive.
Heads up also, Adelaide wont finish bottom 6. Neither will Melbourne. Neither will Gold Coast or the Dogs.
Stop talking s**t.

I'm sorry I went against the status quo being thrown around Arden street.

More to the point, I look forward to seeing how the kanga's go against Hawks at the G and Swans at the SCG.
They will be the real barometer.. and I have a feeling north will be shown up on both occasions (Yes just like we were).

You were lucky to face Adelaide in round 1.. First hit out is more to blow the cobwebs out. If you were to face Adelaide again, I'd have my money on the crows. Since then you've beaten up on poor teams, and picked off an injury riddled dogs. (That's of no fault of North's - You can only verse the teams put in front of you)

As the squiggle says, one thing it doesn't take into account is injuries. so had your mob pumped the dogs you would of shot up the graph. Instead, you got over the line in a scrappy game and shot down the graph in attack and only slightly improved in defense. To me though, this game was more of a snapshot of where north really are. Something that will be shown up in the second half, when your run does get difficult.

Sadly for you, I have a feeling North will go down as the doggies did in the late noughts.. Really really good, just unable to be good enough.
But that's subjective.. at the end of the day, we still killed your mobs finals campaign last year mate, and I can't wait to do it this year champ :thumbsu:.

More to the point, I look forward to seeing how the kanga's go against Hawks at the G and Swans at the SCG.
They will be the real barometer.. and I have a feeling north will be shown up on both occasions (Yes just like we were).

You were lucky to face Adelaide in round 1.. First hit out is more to blow the cobwebs out. If you were to face Adelaide again, I'd have my money on the crows. Since then you've beaten up on poor teams, and picked off an injury riddled dogs. (That's of no fault of North's - You can only verse the teams put in front of you)

As the squiggle says, one thing it doesn't take into account is injuries. so had your mob pumped the dogs you would of shot up the graph. Instead, you got over the line in a scrappy game and shot down the graph in attack and only slightly improved in defense. To me though, this game was more of a snapshot of where north really are. Something that will be shown up in the second half, when your run does get difficult.

Sadly for you, I have a feeling North will go down as the doggies did in the late noughts.. Really really good, just unable to be good enough.
But that's subjective.. at the end of the day, we still killed your mobs finals campaign last year mate, and I can't wait to do it this year champ :thumbsu:.
More round 1 "luck" against Adelaide. No mention of us not winning a round 1 match in 7 years or getting flogged by Adelaide in round 1 last year. This excuse is getting old.

DanA

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Trying to figure out who's made the most impressive improvement based on the squiggle. Has to be out of GWS, Adelaide and Geelong right? Or Richmond in the wrong direction.

Trying to figure out who's made the most impressive improvement based on the squiggle. Has to be out of GWS, Adelaide and Geelong right? Or Richmond in the wrong direction.
GWS just, then Geelong, then Adelaide.

Though looking at the tips for this week I think the Cats have better scope to jump further than GWS this week. Unless GWS play as well as they did this week again.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
Seems like memory doesn't serve you very well, but I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. What year was it that North had record (or near record) losses in the same finals series? I'll give you a hint, it was the year that Geelong won the GF by over 100 points.

Lol what? How is the 2007 finals series in ANY way relevant to 2016? (Note how it is now 9 years later)

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC

Remember when we beat you in a GF 20 years ago?

You are no chance at this year's flag then.

Augustine

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's official - North are going to be this years Freo on the squiggle thread.

With one difference: the squiggle actually rates us whereas it didnt rate freo very high last year. If you mean the whole having chip on your shoulder that no-one takes us seriously or rates us etc then you're new to North fans. We're all like that (me included).

Jun 20, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C., LAL

The goals just keep moving for North haters. GC had a good first three weeks, so in round 5 it was "Adelaide was a fluke win, let's see how North go against GC up there", then it changed to "oh let's see how they go against the Doggies at Etihad", now it's "oh they had a couple of half back flankers out - which would've completely changed the fact that their forward line got dominated all night".

So now we have to wait until round 10 to be "rated". Yet you can bet your bottom dollar if we drop one to the Saints (even though they should've beaten the Hawks and no one lowered Hawthorn's colours), you'll get "ha knew it! lol norf".

Also, we dropped only a small amount in an attacking sense on the weekend (scored 3-4 goals less than predicted), and went massively to the right (kept Dogs to less than half of what was predicted) - so you're massively underselling it by saying "went down and only slightly right". That's blatantly incorrect.

Last edited:
Stop trolling about things that occurred 10 years ago and * off out of the thread.

Jun 20, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C., LAL
I look forward to West Coast performing outside of Perth. Beating up on Brisbane, Fremantle and Collingwood isnt that impressive.
Heads up also, Adelaide wont finish bottom 6. Neither will Melbourne. Neither will Gold Coast or the Dogs.
Stop talking s**t.

We've quite literally only played two of the current bottom 8 sides.

image.png

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Remember when we beat you in a GF 20 years ago?

You are no chance at this year's flag then.
Remember the 2 flags, 4 grand finals and 30+ finals the Swans have played since then? Sure, if we're going down that path.

I already made my point and I put a facetious point in, since a few North supporters already have their tails up after beating mostly crap already this season.

Any team that loses to Carlton in pretty much s**t. In any case, while the roos are scraping over the line against injury hit and low confidence teams, the rest keep on going. There's a reason no one rates the roos.

NMFC 1811

Club Legend
May 13, 2010
Seabrook
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NUFC
Remember the 2 flags, 4 grand finals and 30+ finals the Swans have played since then? Sure, if we're going down that path.

I already made my point and I put a facetious point in, since a few North supporters already have their tails up after beating mostly crap already this season.

Any team that loses to Carlton in pretty much s**t. In any case, while the roos are scraping over the line against injury hit and low confidence teams, the rest keep on going. There's a reason no one rates the roos.
There's also a reason why no decent footy fan rates the Sydney/AFL flags

GTFO

Back