Race for the top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

i think anyone who gets brisbane first up will fancy their chances, alot of hype around them and they have improved out of sight but they have had the easiest draw out of anyone in the comp

Geelong's double up teams:
  • Adelaide (9th)
  • Western Bulldogs (10th)
  • Hawthorn (11th)
  • North Melbourne (14th)
  • Sydney (15th)
Brisbane's double up teams:
  • Port Adelaide (8th)
  • Hawthorn (11th)
  • North Melbourne (14th)
  • Gold Coast (18th)
Its exactly the same apart from Adelaide/Port (and I'd argue that Port is a better team than Adelaide) and Sydney/GC which I'll concede is the easier double up for Brisbane.

The draw thing has been bandied about quite a bit without much analysis. Obviously Bris hasn't had the hardest draw in the comp (being a bottom 6 team last year), but I don't think its true to say it has been the easiest draw.

Yeah it really is incredible watching people try and explain away an 8 game win streak like it's nothing.
This is what happens when you rise to the top of the pile. You get BF numpties trying to discredit your team's achievements to make them feel better about themselves.

Far from it. GWS won’t lose another game for the season and their percentage is way better than ours. We have to play Brisbane and West Coast. Even your mob and Carlton are danger games. I think we drop at least one and Geelong, Brisbane, West Coast and GWS round out the top four.
Oops

This is what happens when you rise to the top of the pile. You get BF numpties trying to discredit your team's achievements to make them feel better about themselves.
Yep we got the same thing during 2017, we were never going to win the flag until we actually won it. Than you get the nuffies creating threads about the worst premiership team lol

Yep we got the same thing during 2017, we were never going to win the flag until we actually won it. Than you get the nuffies creating threads about the worst premiership team lol
Yup - WB 2016 Were not expected to win it - did
Tigers 2017 Were not expected to win it - did
Eagles 2018 Were not expected to win it - did
Lions 2019 - were not expected to win it -

The comp is so even now that almost anyone can if they are in finals ( except Essendon if they manage to stumble in there that is)

Brisbane have been a bottom 6 team for the last 5 years, now they are finally playing well all the excuses come out "easy draw" "no finals experience" "haven't played anyone good"
You missed: No injuries at all.

Brisbane, great talent, good management, high belief.

Will be an interesting September. They are the form team. But are coming up against a few very experienced teams that know how to win in September.

Geelong's double up teams:
  • Adelaide (9th)
  • Hawthorn (11th)
  • North Melbourne (14th)
  • Sydney (15th)
Brisbane's double up teams:
  • Port Adelaide (8th)
  • Hawthorn (11th)
  • North Melbourne (14th)
  • Gold Coast (18th)
Its exactly the same apart from Adelaide/Port (and I'd argue that Port is a better team than Adelaide) and Sydney/GC which I'll concede is the easier double up for Brisbane.

The draw thing has been bandied about quite a bit without much analysis. Obviously Bris hasn't had the hardest draw in the comp (being a bottom 6 team last year), but I don't think its true to say it has been the easiest draw.
well youve played 5 teams in the 8 currently, and you guys are running on a real high because of this, i think any team that makes the 4 would most likely want to play brisbane no matter what ground its played out

Yeah it really is incredible watching people try and explain away an 8 game win streak like it's nothing.

It’s what happens to all good teams. A lot of people instinctively look for bad things about a team, instead of the good. And if a team wins a lot it’s never about them. It’s always umpires or fixtures or the other team happened to play bad, etc etc.

Just do what I do and don’t let it bother you.

Am I interpreting the info coming out of the AFL correctly-

If the Cats finish 1st or 2nd their home qualifying final will be played at the MCG even if it's against an interstate side ie. Brisbane?

well youve played 5 teams in the 8 currently, and you guys are running on a real high because of this, i think any team that makes the 4 would most likely want to play brisbane no matter what ground its played out

That's a different argument to 'easiest draw' which is what I'm responding to. Fair enough to suggest that we would be an easier opponent than the Eagles in Perth or Richmond at the G, and I don't think finals experience is irrelevant either. Very fair to point out that we've had an excellent injury run too.

But similarly with Collingwood and Richmond saying that a team that has won so many games is because of an easy draw is a bit silly. Particularly when Geelong's draw is equally weak in terms of double ups and at worst we will finish 2 wins behind them if they win their last two games and we drop our last two.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a different argument to 'easiest draw' which is what I'm responding to. Fair enough to suggest that we would be an easier opponent than the Eagles in Perth or Richmond at the G, and I don't think finals experience is irrelevant either. Very fair to point out that we've had an excellent injury too.

But similarly with Collingwood and Richmond saying that a team that has won so many games is because of an easy draw is a bit silly. Particularly when Geelong's draw is equally week in terms of double ups and at worst we will finish 2 wins behind them if they win their last two games and we drop our last two.
you make a good point good to see brisbane doing well though, i remember them 2 years when a host of your players left and teams were just screwing you guys so bad on the trade table

Exactly.
We had finished in the bottom half of the ladder 4 years in a row & in the 4th year we finished bottom six.
So we got an easy draw...... but once we started winning in 2018 out came the numpties bemoaning our “easy” draw.
Bottom teams get easier draws.
Brisbane’s missed finals for years, so they get an easier draw. But it never matters until you start winning..

The draw argument is so pointless anyway, particularly this year. There are only two bad teams, melb and Gold Coast, and the Suns were competitive until the second half of the year. For instance, I would rather Geelong play Collingwood or Essendon now rather then Bulldogs or Carlton, yet going by the easy draw argument, it should be the opposite.

Every team goes through ebbs and flows and it’s ridiculous to argue that one team in particular had an easier time then others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back