Race for the top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong to rest a heap of players in the 2nd last round against Brisbane at the GABBA.

Brisbane win comfortably and increase their percentage enough to go above WCE.

WCE finish 3rd and have to travel for finals.

You know it makes sense.

Its a big game, If you beat Brisbane, there is no way we finish 4th. We would likely finish top 3 or outside the 4 if we lose a game.

Can't believe Richmond are flag favourites. Lose to West Coast and they could drop out of the 4 and end up having to play an interstate semi-final if they win their EF.

Yep, But if we lose to West Coast at the G, we aint beating them in finals anyway. Alternatively our % is only about 90 points behind them. So if we beat them by 5 goals or so, that drops to 30. I think we can make a lot of that up this week. Melbourne looked absolutely shocking against St Kilda and we should run all over them.

Its a big game, If you beat Brisbane, there is no way we finish 4th. We would likely finish top 3 or outside the 4 if we lose a game.

Just had a look at my ladder predictor again, yep, 2 massive games that round, Lions v Cats and Tigers v Eagles.

Crows v Magpies and Giants v Bulldogs could also decide 8th and whether or not Collingwood get a home final.

100th anniversary of Magpies 5th flag
75th anniversary of Roys last flag
70th anniversary of Bombers 9th flag
50th anniversary of Tigers 7th flag
25th anniversary of Eagles 2nd flag
10th anniversary of Cats 8th flag
Giants obviously have history to make, Sheedy was appointed in November 2009.

Last edited:
I think Lions are the real deal and the fact that their finals experience is minimal, can play into their hands if they remain loose and free while some other contenders will have more pressure of expectation. If they can win the first final, look out.

Eagles look phenomenal and without obvious weakness.

That would be my GF prediction right now.

Still not convinced we will make top 4. We need GWS to drop a game before finals.

Still not convinced we will make top 4. We need GWS to drop a game before finals.
Richmond are definitely shaky, in that they have the power to make their own destiny against some higher opponents, but the flipside of that is also high-cost. GWS are the sounder top 4 bet for mine, just because their difficulty factor is less.

I think Lions are the real deal and the fact that their finals experience is minimal, can play into their hands if they remain loose and free while some other contenders will have more pressure of expectation. If they can win the first final, look out.

They are both very even, football-friendly sides, which will hold them in great stead.

I just feel though that Geelong & GWS have the appetite to finally get it together and go one deeper into the GF this year. If they both walked away from 2019 with yet another failed finals campaign they'd both have to be devastated.

Richmond are definitely shaky, in that they have the power to make their own destiny against some higher opponents, but the flipside of that is also high-cost. GWS are the sounder top 4 bet for mine, just because their difficulty factor is less.
And there amazing percentage,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol shakey?

Since the bye, with players returned, we have won the last 5 by an average 40 points.

We had a fantastic ending to 2017,finding a forward (Townsend) in the last game in an away game to Freo who kicked a bag and was the missing link the team needed.

I expect our two last games this year to be very competitive.

We have some danger games coming up,no game is easy.

But our team has enormous belief and love for each other.

I see this after a big/important Eagles win but everyone overlooks the fact that Eagles this season have barely played a consistent game. I think thats a weakness and can be exposed in finals.

I see this after a big/important Eagles win but everyone overlooks the fact that Eagles this season have barely played a consistent game. I think thats a weakness and can be exposed in finals.
Eagles are really the only team I don't want to face come finals. Even with a consistency issue which I must admit I haven't really noticed.

Top 4 can be set this weekend if 2 favourites get up, crows over pies and tigers over eagles. That would leave a 2 game gap between 4th and 5th. With so many huge games it promises to be the biggest round of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back