Racecallers

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to have to disagree with you on this one. He was hard ridden all race and never ever travelling. The only time he looked comfortable was the last 100m and even then he looked to be finishing fairly slow but faster than the others. I would have declared him not being able to win at the same time as well!

Yeah fair enough. I don't agree though. I thought it was a ridiculous call.

To me 'gone' or 'can't win', especially declaring a champion like KT, would need to be giving significant ground or 5 lengths last and too far back.

To be fair to TB, his tips are usually pretty solid. Especially if he pots a short favourite, it pays to listen.

The other thing with TB is that usually if it is Cranbourne or MV or Pakenham, I can see my horse anyway so I don't care what the racecaller is saying.

Whereas that old bloke in NSW, sometimes its just complete chaos and I have no idea where my horse is. Its even worse when they are in the straight and he is calling your horse in front on the outside, even though you can tell the inside horse on the rail is about 4 lengths in front.

There is a part of me that thinks 'ohhh maybe the angle is really deceptive, maybe that is why he is calling my horse is being called like the winner'.

To be fair to TB, his tips are usually pretty solid. Especially if he pots a short favourite, it pays to listen.

The other thing with TB is that usually if it is Cranbourne or MV or Pakenham, I can see my horse anyway so I don't care what the racecaller is saying.

Whereas that old bloke in NSW, sometimes its just complete chaos and I have no idea where my horse is. Its even worse when they are in the straight and he is calling your horse in front on the outside, even though you can tell the inside horse on the rail is about 4 lengths in front.

There is a part of me that thinks 'ohhh maybe the angle is really deceptive, maybe that is why he is calling my horse is being called like the winner'.
The problem with TB is there is a 10 percent chance of him calling the wrong name or even the wrong horse besides all his other faults.
I am assuming you mean Colin Hodges as the old guy? He is not great, i once thought i had backed a 100/1 winner and he called the wrong horse the whole way and after which totally pissed me off!

I did get in a twitter argument with TB after Walker whipped POA to the shizenhausen in the cup and TB defended him. Tried to not get myself blocked so i can hate follow him and succeeded and shut him down as well. My proudest twitter moment.

Can we get Heathsy a medal for this balmainforever

#Respect

giphy.gif

please share when it happens. cos i find they just talk s**t

I often hear TB start potting something as they are about to move in, he might say ‘x is far too short’ or it ‘had every chance last start’ or something put on a show in the mounting yard.

I find they nearly always run poorly and as far as that stuff goes, he is very good.

i once thought i had backed a 100/1 winner and he called the wrong horse the whole way and after which totally pissed me off!

DMac did the reverse to me couple years back. Little did I know the riders wore the wrong caps so he wasn't wrong but had to duck out of the house for an hour and was dirty the whole time i didn't back the stablemate (who was in fact the loser) and didn't know until I got back.

Betfair in play would have seen some interesting results here for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DMac did the reverse to me couple years back. Little did I know the riders wore the wrong caps so he wasn't wrong but had to duck out of the house for an hour and was dirty the whole time i didn't back the stablemate (who was in fact the loser) and didn't know until I got back.

Betfair in play would have seen some interesting results here for sure.
He is a great caller tho. Probably just ahead if Hill for best in the country for mine.

Yeah Hill and DMac clearing out from the rest Almandin/Heartbreak City style.

In contrast Rick Mac's career seems to be heading the same way Dulcify was with about 800m to go in the Melbourne Cup - he is an absolute joke these days. Adam O my fave of the provincial Vic callers.

Missing Mcauliffe. Intelligent caller with some top one liners. Was a shining light here amongst the pathetic fields and race meets we dish up.
Although seemed to be losing a bit of puff towards the end got out of the game gracefully - something another Terry should have done many years ago.
Lip sip suck tequila time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back